Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I was told to cover up my massive boobs or I’d get thrown off my flight but I refused – it’s pure s***-shaming

She says she didn't think twice about the jersey black crop top and khaki cargo trousers she was wearing until she boarded the plane when she was told her outfit violated the airline's dress code.

Describing how she'd been "s*** shamed", the social media star explained: "A male flight attendant just told me to cover-up and my clothing was too revealing.

"I can't wear this and it's inappropriate to wear on JetStar. NEVER heard of this."

🤣

stgislander

PREMO Member
Standing in baggage claim yesterday. A young woman was waiting with her boyfriend to pick up their bags She was wearing a fairly tight and low "scoop neck" top, no bra, easy D cup, and had her handbag strap pulled down between the girls. Because of the the temp in baggage claim, her pencil erasers were trying their hardest to bust out through that top.

Hijinx

I need a much better picture than those shown to make a judgement call on this.
I saw no signs of "massive" breasts and damned little skin in these photo's.

Please send more proof to Gawker@takeapeek.net

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Google warning viewers about watching Jesse Watters on Fox News

We get our channels through Google/You Tube TV. I record Jesse Watters and I tried to watch Friday night and this censorship showed up!

243742_5_.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘STOP ERASING WOMEN’

A cosmetics brand went woke with its latest ad featuring a bearded man wearing hot pink lip cream — and got slammed by followers for “erasing women” and more.

In a post on Sunday across its various social media accounts, the NYX Professional Makeup company drew criticism over an ad featuring makeup artist who goes by the name of itsmechrxs to advertise its Smooth Whip lip cream.

The company captioned its post on Instagram, “[itsmechrxs] making us whip out our Smooth Whip in Pom Pom REAL quick. #nyxcosmetics #nyxprofessionalmakeup #crueltyfree.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Zachary Levi’s Pfizer Hot Take Is A Total Nontroversy

On Sunday, the “Shazam!” actor quoted a tweet from Moorhouse Group CEO Lyndon Wood, who asked his followers whether they agreed “that Pfizer is a real danger to the world.” In his response to Wood’s query, Levi replied, “Hardcore agree” and issued a follow-up post with a link to a 2009 press release from the Justice Department announcing that Pfizer had been ordered to pay out $2.3 billion “to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from the illegal promotion of certain pharmaceutical products.”

“Just one example of what I’m referring to,” Levi said.

In predictable fashion, leftist “journalists” couldn’t accept Levi’s criticism of their Big Pharma idol and have worked overtime to smear the actor. Unable to control her seemingly compulsive need to pen an entire article on the subject, A.V. Club writer Mary Kate Carr speculated whether Levi is “anti-vaccination,” writing that while Levi “has not specifically made anti-vaccine statements … he has also not, as of this writing, affirmed support for vaccines.”

“This is a lot to digest about the guy from Shazam!, and that’s not even the end of it. Sadly, after the Pfizer tweets, Levi also revealed that his father had died ‘a few days ago’ after a long cancer battle,” Carr wrote. “This undoubtedly complicates his decision to wade into the discourse, but the damage to his reputation has already been done.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Martha Stewart Stars in Ultra-Cringe Pfizer Vaccine Ad

Because the vax is set to hit the consumer market and the government will no longer fully subsidize the multinational corporation’s profits, it’s time to move some “safe and effective” product into the private sector.

To that end, Pfizer produced a bizarre TV ad featuring, fittingly, convicted felon Martha Stewart.

The ad opens in a kitchen with Martha sharpening a samurai sword. “You know that unwelcome guest everyone wishes would just leave already? That’s COVID-19,” she says.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kids’ Disinterest In Libraries Has Nothing To Do With A Manga Shortage

Libraries Are Proud Purveyors of Leftism​

Warnings of increased oversight of our nation’s libraries also elide the well-documented fact that libraries are now bastions of leftist ideology. “Librarians are all left-wingers. You’ve got a lot of purple-haired cat women,” observes Bauerlein.

James Panero, executive editor of the New Criterion, has bemoaned the politicization of American libraries by librarians and local officials, turning them into engines of social justice praxis and removing thousands of books and stacks in favor of computer areas and meeting rooms for community space. In 2021 the American Library Association (ALA) published its “Resolution to Condemn White Supremacy and Fascism as Antithetical to Library Work,” claiming that “libraries have upheld and encouraged white supremacy both actively through discriminatory practices and passively through a misplaced emphasis on neutrality.”

Every June, my local library, one of many in Fairfax County, pulls out all the stops to celebrate Pride Month. Guess how many copies of Abigail Shrier’s best-selling “Irreversible Damage,” which discusses the damage of transgenderism to young girls, the entire library system possesses. One, in Spanish. There are only five copies of Ryan T. Anderson’s “When Harry Became Sally,” also about transgenderism. There are, by comparison, 16 copies of “Gender Queer,” and 17 copies of “Lawn Boy,” two highly controversial LGBT books for adolescents.

Moreover, the ALA puts out local packages for local public libraries for how to organize and market drag queen story hours. As I cataloged in a recent piece for The Federalist, this politicization often happens despite protests from local residents.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

America Is Suffering From an 'Infection' of Karens

Charlie also likes to trade barks with the neighbors’ dogs. I refer to them as dog Zoom meetings since a number of the neighborhood canines join in. I guess he barked a bit too long this morning for the new neighbors behind us. My fault, really. As I said, I was high-centered on some columns and my mind was occupied. But he was in the backyard and wasn’t going anywhere. But for this transgression, the neighbors did not ask us to keep the noise down or even talk to us. No, they sent the dog cops. This is not a regular thing and it was mid-morning, not 1:30 AM. But no, we needed to involve the authorities. The thing is, we could have talked this out like adults and I would have apologized and given them some eggs from our chickens. Which in and of themselves are quickly replacing gold as the new go-to emergency currency. And I suspect these people will carp about our chickens soon enough. We don’t have an HOA here, but I’ll bet that we may have someone trying to start a franchise, so to speak. In all honesty, we could have cleared the whole thing up in five minutes over a beer. But why talk with me like a grownup when it is so much easier to whine to animal control? My wife is planning to take them some eggs as a peace offering. We will see what that yields.

[clip]

There is a doughnut shop in Conway, New Hampshire, called Leavitt’s Country Bakery. Last year, it was purchased by a man named Sean Young. Young knew that the shop was a gathering place for people around the town and vowed to keep it that way. Basically, the kind of man with the kind of vision that every community wants. Or at least says they want when you visit their respective websites. According to a piece in National Review, Young was approached by the art department of the local high school. The students were painting a mural as part of a class art project and needed a place to hang their work. Young thought that was an excellent idea to hang the mural on his premises and immediately offered up his shop. No harm, no foul, everybody’s happy. Again, Young sounds exactly like the kind of person every chamber of commerce dreams of having.

The mural was unveiled and hung over the bakery’s door. It showed Mt. Washington and the surrounding landscape reflecting the sun. But in this case, Mt. Washington and the surrounding landscape were made of donuts and pastries. And why not? The mural was hanging over the door of a donut shop, for crying out loud. The community thought it was fun, quirky, and interesting. The city officials of Conway? Not so much. Some overpaid, underworked, pencil-pushing local gadfly, who apparently likes to fill the days until his public pension kicks in by harassing the locals, decided that the mural had crossed the line. How? It showed donuts. Seriously. The students painted donuts. This, according to the power-hungry wonks at the city, made the mural an advertisement, not a decoration. As such, it was a “sign” and exceeded the “sign size” as dictated by a local ordinance. Young was told to remove it under the pain of criminal charges and a penalty of $275 per day. Young told National Review: “I didn’t understand how the government could decide what students are allowed to paint on their high-school art projects.” Young applied for a variance and was denied twice. The town has even admitted that its sign ordinance is vague as far back as 2006.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Defund the Smithsonian: Catholic Students Kicked Out of Air & Space Museum for Pro-Life Hats

Fox News reported Wednesday that the parents of some of the students “alleged that the museum staff mocked the students, hurled expletives and claimed the museum was a ‘neutral zone’ where political or religious messages were not allowed.” According to one of the students, Patrick Murphy, two women whom the group understood to be security guards approached the group and said, “All people wearing a pro-life hat, take it off.”

The pro-lifers left the museum, but the incident wasn’t over. Murphy said that while the group was standing outside the institution, “they were approached by a man claiming he had reports the group refused to take off their hats and they were in trouble.” Murphy says that he told this fellow: “This is a violation of our First Amendment right. This is a government funded building. How are we paying for this with our taxes and I’m not allowed to wear this hat?” But the man responded that the museum “was a neutral zone and their rights didn’t apply.” Murphy concludes: “We had almost no words.”

Murphy stated that when the pair of security guards first approached the group and told them to take off their hats, “And immediately we’re confused.” They weren’t the only ones who were confused. Alison Wood, the museum’s deputy director of communications, stated that the security guards were way out of line, as “asking visitors to remove hats and clothing is not in keeping with our policies or protocols. We provided immediate training to prevent a re-occurrence of this kind of incident.”

That’s terrific, but it isn’t as if the incident was any real surprise. For decades now, as is detailed in the new book The Sumter Gambit: How the Left Is Trying to Foment A Civil War, a principal focus of the Left’s culture war has been to mainstream its own perspectives, practices, and proclivities, treating them as if they were axiomatically true and accepted by everyone, while tarring dissenting views as “fringe” products of the “far right.” Thus Nikki Haley was correct when she tweeted: “This wouldn’t happen to students wearing ‘Defund the Police’ or ‘Free Palestine’ shirts. Bias against conservatives runs deep in our culture & gov.”

Indeed. The man who confronted the group outside the museum would likely have never considered hats proclaiming “My Body My Choice” or “Abortion = Healthcare” to have been in violation of his suddenly proclaimed “neutral zone.” As far as the dominant cultural Left is concerned, those positions are entirely normal, mainstream, benign, and, indeed, to be encouraged everywhere. But dissent, as is increasingly the case with the Left in all contexts, is not to be tolerated.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Web developer creates tool to find out who’s been streaming ‘THAT new wizard game’

We know you know what Twitchy is, but in case you didn’t know Twitch is a very popular streaming platform used mostly by gamers; like TikTok, it has its “stars” who have hundreds of thousands tuning in to watch them play “Fortnite.” (You can also stream other content, like that AI-generated “Seinfeld” parody we told you about earlier.)

A lot of people are going to be streaming “Hogwarts Legacy,” the new “Harry Potter” game that gaming site IGN gave a 9 out of 10 but included a pathetic disclaimer: “… whether it’s ethical to play is a separate but still very important question.” We were assured that pre-ordering the game was making a donation to “actively harm trans people.”

It’s a good game and it’s going to sell millions of copies. But web developer Sam Gibbs (he/him) has created a new website in which you can enter the name of a Twitch streamer to see if they’ve streamed “THAT new wizard game” which shall remain nameless.