Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

No End In Sight: Publisher Woke-Editing Best-Selling Fiction Novelist Of All Time

The best-selling author of all time outside of William Shakespeare can now join fellow British authors Roald Dahl and Ian Fleming by suffering the ignominy of having her books edited for woke purposes.

The works of Agatha Christie, whose mysteries featuring detectives Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple delighted readers enough for her novels to have sold between two to four billion copies, have been altered in new editions published by HarperCollins.

HarperCollins has “created new editions of the entire run of Miss Marple mysteries and selected Poirot novels,” The Telegraph reports.

Examples of the bowdlerization of Christie’s novels include altering the inner narration of Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple. Other examples include the character of Miss Allerton in “Death on the Nile,” who disparaged children by saying, “they come back and stare, and stare, and their eyes are simply disgusting, and so are their noses, and I don’t believe I really like children,” now state, “They come back and stare, and stare. And I don’t believe I really like children.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A writer and designer on critically-acclaimed role-playing games like Planescape: Torment, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, and Fallout: New Vegas, Avellone was one of a number of figures in the games industry accused of sexual misconduct in June 2020. Bristol wrote on social media at the time that Avellone had groped her at a trade show, while Barrows told Kotaku in an interview that the veteran game developer tried to get her drunk and to have sex with her. “He assaulted me, 100 percent, but I stopped him,” she said at the time.

[clip]

As part of that settlement, Barrows and Bristol now say Avellone “never sexually abused either of us.” Their statement goes on:

We have no knowledge that he has ever sexually abused any women. We have no knowledge that Mr. Avellone has ever misused corporate funds. Anything we have previously said or written about Mr. Avellone to the contrary was not our intent. We wanted to support women in the industry. In so doing, our words have been misinterpreted to suggest specific allegations of misconduct that were neither expressed nor intended. We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry. We believe Mr. Avellone shares a desire to protect and uplift those communities. We believe that he deserves a full return to the industry and support him in those endeavors.

On Monday March 27, Barrows emailed Kotaku and other press outlets a copy of the joint statement, requesting to “retract my previous comments concerning Christopher Avellone.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Progressives Lose Their Minds Over Upcoming '60 Minutes' Interview With MTG

Weak Minds Fear Free Speech​

The delicate minds of the progressive left seem to forget that Lesley Stahl is a seasoned interviewer and journalist. She’s also a raging leftist. If they think she’s going to give MTG the “Good Housekeeping” treatment, they probably don’t even watch 60 Minutes. Stahl is a liberal, and she will interview MTG as a liberal.

If MTG is truly the second coming of Joseph Goebbels, the answer to her “fascism” would be to let her be heard as much as possible. You can’t respond to a bad idea you’re not allowed to hear in the first place. They should be grateful America is going hear her terrible ideas, so our betters on the left can counter those terrible ideas and lead us all to intellectual purity.

Of course they are not grateful. In the end, all of this caterwauling says more about the progressive mindset than the “danger” MTG represents. She is an elected representative. She did not just get appointed to Congress. Her constituents voted for her, and if they don’t like her representation, they’ll vote her out.

But progressives hate the democratic process they are always claiming they are trying to save. They hate they can’t control the minds and hearts of every American. Their version of “unity” is to completely erase one side of the conversation, and when our society does not support that notion, they become like toddlers, stamping their feet and holding their breath until their faces, like their votes, turn blue.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Outrage over white-only job ad drives tech firm to delete website

After Redditors called out a Virginia-based tech firm for posting an “illegal and nauseating” job ad—which specified that only white US-born citizens would be considered—Arthur Grand Technologies has deleted the ad and shut down its website and social media presence entirely.

The deleted job ad was posted on Indeed, seeking to hire a Dallas-based business analyst for a long-term contract. The ad included a note labeled “don’t share with candidates” that said that “Only US Born Citizens [White]” would be considered, inciting outrage that not only was the job listing giving preference to white candidates but that the company intended to hide these illegal criteria from applicants.

On Reddit, commenters encouraged applicants of every race and ethnicity to apply, then file a complaint with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance to report Arthur Grand and prompt an investigation into alleged discriminatory hiring practices violating federal law.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Gone With The Wind’ Publisher Calls The Book ‘Harmful’

“Gone with the Wind,” one of the most popular books ever written and made into a movie that won 10 Oscars, has been branded “harmful” by its own publisher.

Pan Macmillan calls the Civil War epic — which took author Martha Mitchell 10 years to write — “problematic” in a note at the beginning of the latest addition, which adds that the book contains “racist” elements that are possibly “hurtful or indeed harmful.”

“‘Gone with the Wind’ is a novel which includes problematic elements including the romanticization of a shocking era in our history and the horrors of slavery,” the publishers write, according to The Telegraph. “The novel includes the representation of unacceptable practices, racist and stereotypical depictions and troubling themes, characterization, language and imagery.”

The publishers note that they did not make edits to the book, as has been done to the books of Agatha Christie, Roald Dahl, and Ian Fleming.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Actor Boycotting New ‘Super Mario Bros’ Movie Because Latino Not Cast To Voice Italian Brothers

Leguizamo is Colombian and suggested the new movie should have cast a Latino actor to play at least one of the brothers. Notably, the characters of Mario and Luigi are Italian.

“No, I will not be watching ‘Super Mario Bros,'” Leguizamo told TMZ on Thursday. “They could have included a Latin character — like, I was groundbreaking, and they stopped the groundbreaking. They messed up! They messed up the inclusion, they dis-included.”

What a dumbass

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Steven Van Zandt Is Bruce Springsteen’s Guitarist. He Hates You. He Wants You Dead.

Steven Van Zandt is a longtime guitarist with Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band. He also played Silvio Dante in The Sopranos, as well as a number of other mobsters. Apparently, he has taken both Springsteen’s fanatical and unreflective Leftism and mob thuggishness deeply to heart and combined the two together; on Sunday, he tweeted a call to “Exterminate the (Republican) cockroaches.” He quickly deleted the tweet, but not because he thought better of it; in fact, he doubled down in a series of angry rants that demonstrated once again the ugly, hate-filled heart of the authoritarian Left.

Van Zandt’s additional tweets are gone now as well, after Breitbart published them in an article on Monday morning. What remains on Van Zandt’s Twitter feed, however, makes it abundantly clear that he is a classic case of one’s self-image not even coming close to matching reality. His account is full to a sickening degree of angry, expletive-filled invective against patriots.

Even before Van Zandt’s initial extermination tweet, on Friday one Twitter user asked him, “Why do you fill yourself with so much hate?” Van Zandt replied, “You talking to me? You can’t be talking to me! I’m the Love Man. I’m a peace loving ‘60s hippie. I’ve got nothing but love for the world!” Sure. He just wants people who love America and hold to traditional values to get out of his world.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Millions Have Voted For Trump Since 2020 — With Their Feet

Over the past two years, vast numbers of Americans picked up and moved. In a mobile society like ours, that’s not news. What is news is where they are moving from, and where they are going to.
Turns out, there’s a mass exodus underway, with people leaving Biden strongholds and heading to MAGA country.
New Census data show that, from 2021 to 2022, more than 2 million people moved out of urban areas that are largely controlled by Democrats and relocated to exurbs and more rural areas that largely voted for Donald Trump.
Los Angeles County, for example, had a net ex-migration of more than 363,000 over the past two years. Cook County, Illinois, lost 200,000. In New York, New York County lost 109,000, Queens County, 158,000, and Kings County, 187,000. Philadelphia County sank 52,000.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kathy Griffin Blames Donald Trump For ‘Complex PTSD’ Diagnosis

In a TikTok posted last week, Griffin announced she began to develop post-traumatic stress disorder in 2017, around the time she tweeted a picture of herself holding a bloodied, severed head that resembled Trump.

“Let’s talk about PTSD. Never talked about it publicly,” Griffin said in the TikTok video. “You can laugh or whatever, but I’ve been diagnosed with complex PTSD, and it’s called an extreme case.”

“If any of you know my story, you’ll understand that this really started for me about five and a half years ago. Wink,” the comedian added, presumably referencing the Trump bloody head picture.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

First Things Offers Masterclass In Showing No Quarter To Cancellation Attempts

Religious publication First Things announced on Monday that it does not plan to cower to the mob that tried to cancel a book promotion for “Feminism Against Progress” author Mary Harrington, who frequently tells the truth about biological sex.

In the span of just a few weeks, an online crowd successfully convinced a self-proclaimed “inclusive” venue in New York to cancel its event contract with the magazine. Mere days after the venue incident, a hacker tried to infiltrate and erase the First Things website, which boasts “nearly four million yearly visitors” and seeks “to advance a religiously informed public philosophy for the ordering of society.” The First Things team thwarted that effort “within hours” but is already raising funds to reinforce its online security system against other digital ambushes.

“Attacks against those who hold the line for orthodox faith should come as no surprise,” First Things Editor R.R. Reno wrote in a letter on Monday.