Politics of Covid 19 Vaccines

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Why is it so tough for the Biden administration to give a straight, clear answer on this issue of when schools should open and just the general issue of teachers’ safety versus opening schools?” Tapper asked.

“Yeah, I mean, I think that they are torn,” Phillip responded. “Look, the teachers’ unions are a very powerful democratic constituency. And they feel very strongly that teachers should, at the very least, all be vaccinated before returning to school. But that is clearly not what the the CDC’s recommendations say. What is really puzzling to me is why the Biden administration, which ran on a campaign promise of having the science go first, and the science lead, can’t just simply state what the science says on the topic while also stating their preference for what they hope to happen.”

“I mean, they have even been, you know, it has even been suggested by some experts that they could offer a sort of carrot stick to states to prioritize teachers,” she concluded. “Why haven’t they done that, too, if the prioritization of teachers is so important? So, it’s hard for me to understand this, but from a straight up communications perspective, keeping that promise of letting the science lead seems to be something that they ought to be trying to do even on this issue, which is complicated, and it’s difficult for teachers and for families all across the country.”

Hijinx

Waitress says she was fired from NYC eatery for not getting COVID vaccine

A New York City waitress says she was fired from a popular Brooklyn restaurant after choosing not to get the COVID-19 vaccine for fear it might hurt her chances of getting pregnant.

Bonnie Jacobson, 34, told The Post that the management at Red Hook Tavern canned her on Monday because she balked at getting the shot immediately.

“It was shocking to me,” she said Wednesday. “I went through the stages: I’m hurt, I’m in shock — then I got mad.”

Jacobson, who has been married since October 2019, stressed that she’s not an anti-vaxxer and “fully supports” people being inoculated, but said she wants to wait for more research on the coronavirus vaccine’s possible effects on fertility.

“The way I see it, getting the vaccine is for me. It protects me. If I am not getting it, it’s my choice, and I’d only be hurting myself,” she said.

The coronavirus vaccines available haven’t been tested on pregnant women, but also haven’t been shown to affect pregnancy and are viewed as generally safe.

IMO It's nobody's business whether you get the vaccine or not.
It's nobody's business what your reason's are.
It's a personal decision.

Those that do get it are assumedly immune and those who do not are only a problem for themselves, and others who made the same decision. The whole thing has been way overblown from beginning to end.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Seems to me that is a HIPPA Violation

and you still need a mask, you may still be contagious, and you still need to social distance ..... so what's the POINT

DaSDGuy

Seems to me that is a HIPPA Violation

and you still need a mask, you may still be contagious, and you still need to social distance ..... so what's the POINT
I believe HIPAA pertains to health privacy, not whether an employer can require vaccinations. Requiring vaccinations to maintain employment is not uncommon.

BOP

Heard of it. Pretty sure what I remember is that the government lied about treating their syphilis, not that the government gave them syphilis.

A more appropriate example would be the surprisingly common conspiracy theory that the CIA gave black people HIV intentionally. But I guess "due to systemic racism" it's okay to let one specific group endanger themselves and other's based on belief in conspiracy theories, but not anyone else. And of course this ignores the fact that the vaccine is not being apportioned by race.
Or the more modern one, which also involves the CIA introducing crack to the black "community" in order to get them hooked so they could support the cartels, which pay off the American intel agencies (or something) in the form of kickbacks, graft, and corruption.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I believe HIPAA pertains to health privacy,

Yes a Privacy issue between my doctor and me NOT My Employer .....

Requiring vaccinations to maintain employment is not uncommon.

:sshrug:

Where ...... in 40 yrs of working I have yet have a requirement to have a certain inoculation to have a job

many blue collar jobs and IT Office Jobs in the past 20 yrs

DaSDGuy

Yes a Privacy issue between my doctor and me NOT My Employer .....
If the employer announced the employees name for refusing the vaccination, that would be a HIPAA violation. That did not happen. The employee announced that information.

Requiring vaccinations, college degree, etc., to obtain/continue employment is not protected by HIPAA.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Cornell vaccine mandate only applies to white students

One of the amazing things we learned in 2020 is that the novel coronavirus can’t infect people who attend Black Lives Matter protests. Science!

Apparently the seasonal influenza is even more considerate, at least at Cornell University.

The Ivy League school offers a race-based exemption from its new mandatory flu shot, requiring only white students to get immunized before returning to the area.

[clip]

A Cornell Health page “especially for students of color,” highlighted by Campus Reform, explains why it’s giving a pass to nonwhite students:

While the university “strongly recommend” that nonwhite students comply voluntarily, because “long-standing social inequalities and health disparities have resulted in COVID-19 disproportionately affecting BIPOC individuals,” they will be granted an exemption if they cite their racial identity.

Cornell also offers exemptions from mandatory immunizations – not just the flu – under a broader “non-medical/religious” category in state law, but getting such an exemption appears to be more stringent than the easy opt-out for self-identified BIPOC students.
So I'm a bit confused here. I thought black people had higher infection and mortality rates in regards to COVID? If that is the case wouldn't it seem counter intuitive to only allow WHITE students to receive the vaccine? Looks like Cornell is ok with genocide, but it is ultimately part of the effort to end white supremacy.?

Reactions: BOP
So I'm a bit confused here. I thought black people had higher infection and mortality rates in regards to COVID? If that is the case wouldn't it seem counter intuitive to only allow WHITE students to receive the vaccine? Looks like Cornell is ok with genocide, but it is ultimately part of the effort to end white supremacy.?
I am not reading it the way you are... I see them saying they are only enforcing for white people that the vaccine is MANDATORY. Minorities get to refuse it without repercussion.

kom526

I am not reading it the way you are... I see them saying they are only enforcing for white people that the vaccine is MANDATORY. Minorities get to refuse it without repercussion.
My post was pure snark.
Cornell allowing statistically more susceptible populations to refuse a possibly life saving vaccine. This policy should cause people to raise questions on "The Science"™ of this edict. I'm surprised that the more unhinged people on the left aren't screaming that the school is promoting genocide in the name of racial sensitivity.

UglyBear

My post was pure snark.
Cornell allowing statistically more susceptible populations to refuse a possibly life saving vaccine. This policy should cause people to raise questions on "The Science"™ of this edict. I'm surprised that the more unhinged people on the left aren't screaming that the school is promoting genocide in the name of racial sensitivity.
I know it, you know it, a whole bunch of people know it.. this has nothing to do with science or trying to battle a disease, this is just an excuse to do a quiet “revolution “ and get Whitey.

kom526

I know it, you know it, a whole bunch of people know it.. this has nothing to do with science or trying to battle a disease, this is just an excuse to do a quiet “revolution “ and get Whitey.
It's a lot easier to claim systemic racism when you effectively convince minorities to get vaccinated and force white students to be vaccinated. The tales will be told of these white students rushing to the front of the line for the shots and forcing out others.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Report: NYC Waitress Delayed COVID Vaccine Over Fertility Concerns And Got Fired For It

A New York City waitress was fired after she expressed hesitation about taking the COVID-19 vaccine without knowing the effects it might have on women who are trying to get pregnant.

According to a report from the New York Post, management at Brooklyn restaurant Red Hook Tavern dismissed 34-year-old Bonnie Jacobson after she refused to get the vaccine “immediately” under her boss’s mandatory orders because she wanted to see more research about its compatibility with fertility.

“The way I see it, getting the vaccine is for me. It protects me. If I am not getting it, it’s my choice, and I’d only be hurting myself,” she said, a view that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention supports for expectant mothers. The CDC also says currently that the COVID vaccine is “unlikely to pose a risk for pregnant people.”

PeoplesElbow

Report: NYC Waitress Delayed COVID Vaccine Over Fertility Concerns And Got Fired For It

A New York City waitress was fired after she expressed hesitation about taking the COVID-19 vaccine without knowing the effects it might have on women who are trying to get pregnant.

According to a report from the New York Post, management at Brooklyn restaurant Red Hook Tavern dismissed 34-year-old Bonnie Jacobson after she refused to get the vaccine “immediately” under her boss’s mandatory orders because she wanted to see more research about its compatibility with fertility.

“The way I see it, getting the vaccine is for me. It protects me. If I am not getting it, it’s my choice, and I’d only be hurting myself,” she said, a view that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention supports for expectant mothers. The CDC also says currently that the COVID vaccine is “unlikely to pose a risk for pregnant people.”
How is a 34 year old eligible right now?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
PANTS ON FIRE: Joe Biden Claims Trump 'Failed to Order Enough' COVID Vaccines

This, of course, is absurd. In July of 2020, the Trump administration ordered 100 million doses of the vaccine under development by Pfizer, Inc. upon its approval. The agreement with Pfizer would allow the government to purchase an additional 500 million doses. In August, the Trump administration ordered 100 million doses of the vaccine under development by Moderna, Inc. upon its approval.

“Through Operation Warp Speed, we are assembling a portfolio of vaccines to increase the odds that the American people will have at least one safe, effective vaccine as soon as the end of this year,” said HHS Secretary Alex Azar at the time. “Depending on success in clinical trials, today’s agreement will enable the delivery of approximately 100 million doses of the vaccine being developed by Pfizer and BioNTech.”

Pfizer’s COVID vaccine was approved by the FDA for emergency use on December 11, 2020. The vaccine was developed and approved in 9 months—it was a “medical miracle,” as President Trump put it. “We’ve delivered a safe and effective vaccine in just 9 months… This is one of the greatest scientific accomplishments in history.” On the same day, the Trump administration purchased 100 million more doses of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine upon its approval by the FDA, doubling its order. That vaccine was approved by the FDA a week later.

An additional 100 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine were purchased by the Trump administration on December 23, 2020.

That comes to at least 400 million vaccine doses from Pfizer and Moderna ordered by the Trump administration before Joe Biden took office. The population of the United States is 331 million people. Both vaccines are a two-dose shot, meaning that the Trump administration had ordered enough vaccines to innoculate 60 percent of the United States population before Biden even took office.

Hijinx

WE know that and WE know that Biden is wrong. ( I hate to call him a LIAR)
But the people who voted for him ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE IT.

They voted for him didn't they?

Did anyone ever think that Maybe Joe doesn't really know the truth himself?
The man is in the fog.
His wife or one of his puppet masters may be telling him what to say and he is just repeating it.
IMO Joe Biden's mind leaves him un responsible.
He is just roaming around in a fog , he has already said that the first thing he asks his wife in the morning is where he is at.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Rather than take an experimental, rushed to market, liability waived, non-vaccine vaccine ...