Politics of Covid 19 Vaccines

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hawaii To Introduce Vaccine Passport Program

Democratic Governor David Ige officially signed his newest emergency proclamation for the COVID-19 crisis on Friday. According to Maui Now reporting, the proclamation continues the moratorium on evictions, which will allow tenants to stay in their place of residence even if they cannot pay rent. It also permits the expiration date for certain permits, driver’s licenses, and state IDs to be extended, among other declarations.

In addition, the governor’s emergency proclamation had some other items of note — namely, the potential rollout of a program that would allow people to be exempt from self-quarantining when they arrive in the state if they can provide proof that “they have completed a vaccine regimen approved by [the Department of Health]” before they depart to go to Hawaii. They must have uploaded the verification into the Safe Travels program or provided validation some other way. The proclamation made the point that this exception is not permitted currently, but more details will be provided.

As of now, if travelers come to Hawaii, they must self-quarantine for 10 days or be granted an exemption. The exemption can be granted if they provide a negative COVID-19 test that was administered “within 72 hours from the final leg of departure” or receive an exemption for other reasons, such as if they have previously been infected with the virus and can no longer spread it to other people.

SamSpade

THIS one is my favorite in the long line of COVID idiocy:

There IS NO vaccine approved for children under 16.

PeoplesElbow

Even though I got the vaccine I will not have a passport. That info is mine and I will share it with my health care provider.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just have everybody get a tattoo on their forehead.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bridgestone Creates Two Classes of Employees—The Vaccinated and the Unvaccinated

An update to Bridgestone Americas, Inc’s corporate travel policy dated April 4, 2021, is an example of how employers may leverage their influence over individuals to make the COVID-19 vaccination necessary, even if they do not mandate it. The new policy applies to all employees who travel or meet with customers, but the implications are inescapable. There will be two classes of employees for the foreseeable future: those who have received the vaccine and those who have not. The introduction to the policy update states that explicitly. According to internal documents provided to PJ Media by a Bridgestone employee:

Below is a summary of key updates to the policy’s protocols, which now differentiate between fully vaccinated teammates and partially vaccinated or unvaccinated teammates. Also included is a helpful Q&A to assist you in having conversations with other teammates and customers about their vaccination status.

Many corporations have put travel safeguards or prohibitions in place during the pandemic. Most employers prioritize the health and safety of their employees for business continuity and employee relations purposes. However, if an employee’s job requires travel and he or she has an ethical or medical concern regarding receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, the new Bridgestone policy will identify that employee as unvaccinated. This status will be evident in internal company systems and the behaviors required based on their vaccination status.

First, the company is offering a $100 “Vaccine Support Payment.” Other companies have decided to do this, but Bridgestone will be tracking that information in Workday, their enterprise management system. If employees do not apply for the payment, they must report their vaccine status to the Human Resources Business Partner, who will enter it into the system. According to the policy, employees may be asked to present their government-issued COVID-19 vaccination record as evidence of complete vaccination.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joy Reid Said Vaccinated People Who Refuse To Wear Masks Are 'Irrational.' Fauci Didn't Correct Her.

"I am one of the fully vaccinated," she said. "I'm fully Fauci'd. The question I have is are we really going to get to the end of it? Because, Dr. Fauci, at this point it's political. There are people who are paranoid about you. They've decided they don't trust you, they think you're trying to have the government take over their lives or put nanobots in them and Bill Gates is going to physically control them if they get the vaccine. It isn't just hesitancy, it's paranoia. You have Tucker Carlson basically saying that you're not telling the truth, if you're vaccinated there's no reason to wear a mask anymore. You have people screaming at store clerks because they don't want to wear masks. This is not rational at this point, Dr. Fauci. So I wonder, what do we do about the irrational resistance to doing the basics, getting vaccinated and wearing masks."
Fauci responded by largely echoing her concerns. He eventually conceded that people who were vaccinated could have unmasked gatherings in their own homes under some limited conditions, but stressed continued mask wearing outside the home.

"I don't understand why that freaks people out," said Reid. "Get a cute mask and make it fashion. Just put a mask on."

She has it exactly backward: It is Reid and Fauci who are being irrationally paranoid, not the people they are criticizing.

The available evidence suggests that people who are fully vaccinated are essentially immune from suffering serious disease or death from COVID-19. They are also extremely unlikely to contract the virus at all, which means their odds of infecting someone else are very low. Mass vaccination is the ticket to ending the pandemic, and all advocacy efforts should be directed toward encouraging people to get vaccinated. Scaring the vaccinated back into a lockdown mindset is unnecessary and unscientific.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
New vaccine side effect? In Israel, six people develop herpes zoster

“We cannot say the vaccine is the cause at this point,” lead researcher Dr. Victoria Furer of the hospital’s Department of Rheumatology told The Jerusalem Post. “We can say it might be a trigger in some patients.”

HZ is characterized by a small, red rash that develops on the skin and itches. If complications develop, it can cause nerve damage and pain, including a prolonged burning session on the skin even after it goes away.

The study was carried out on 491 patients with AIIRD and 99 controls at the hospitals. Of the 491 patients, 1.2% or six people developed HZ. Five of them got the herpes infection after the first dose and one after the second.

Furer said that five of the six patients who developed HZ were young, had mild cases of autoimmune disease and were taking little if any medications for it, which means they should not have been at increased risk for developing HZ.

“That is why we reported on it,” she said.

HZ tends to develop more in people over the age of 50.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
10 Huge Corporations Working To Make Big Bucks From Forcing Americans Into Vaccine Passports

10 Huge Corporations Working To Make Big Bucks From Forcing Americans Into Vaccine Passports

IBM

Mastercard

Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft, Mayo Clinic, Evernorth

These five groups have partnered through the “Vaccination Credential Initiative” to develop vaccine passports for Apple Wallet or Google Pay. The group goes so far as to say that people without smartphones “could receive paper printed with QR codes containing W3C verifiable credentials,” which would be a physical vaccine passport.

“As the world begins to recover from the pandemic, having electronic access to vaccination, testing, and other medical records will be vital to resuming travel and more,” said Mike Sicilia, executive vice president of Oracle’s Global Business Units. “This process needs to be as easy as online banking. We are committed to working collectively with the technology and medical communities, as well as global governments, to ensure people will have secure access to this information where and when they need it.”

“With a single platform to help deliver safe and continuous operations and deepen trust with customers and employees, this coalition will be crucial to support public health and wellbeing,” said Bill Patterson, executive vice president of CRM Applications at Salesforce.

Salesforce and Microsoft joined hundreds of other companies in opposing the recent Georgia election bill signed by Republican Gov. Brian Kemp to mandate ID for absentee ballots. Regardless, both are crafting IDs for people to prove they have received the vaccine. Neither companies responded to The Federalist’s request for comment.

Healthvana, Carbon Health, Othena

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pfizer Finds Counterfeit COVID-19 Vaccine Shots Abroad

Authorities in several separate investigations confiscated vials that were later tested by the company. It was confirmed that the vials were filled with fake vaccine doses. Pfizer said in Mexico, the vials also had incorrect labels, whereas the vials seized in Poland were likely filled with anti-wrinkle treatment.

The Journal reported, “Pfizer tested the liquid in the vials purported to be its Covid-19 vaccine at its laboratory in Groton, Conn., finding it lacked key ingredients and instead contained hyaluronic acid, which is used in skin products.” Authorities in Poland said that nobody had gotten the fake vaccine there as it was confiscated from a man’s apartment.

“About 80 people at a clinic in Mexico received a fake vaccine going for about $1,000 a dose, though they don’t appear to have been physically harmed. The vials, found in beach-style beer coolers, had different lot numbers than those sent to the state, and a wrong expiration date, said Dr. Manuel de la O, the health secretary of Nuevo León state,” the outlet reported. “People were injected with distilled water,” Dr. de la O said in a phone interview with the Journal.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
US may soon reach ‘tipping point’ on COVID vaccine ‘enthusiasm’: report

“Once this happens, efforts to encourage vaccination will become much harder, presenting a challenge to reaching the levels of herd immunity that are expected to be needed,” the report said.

Health experts have estimated that at least 70 percent of the country’s population — and as many as 90 percent — will need to be vaccinated against the virus in order for the nation to achieve herd immunity.

To date, more than 134 million people in the US — or 40.5 percent of the population — has received at least one vaccine dose since inoculation efforts began in December, according to data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Vaccine-Hesitant Americans Aren’t Ignorant Rubes, They’re Understandably Cautious

That means tens of millions of American adults won’t be getting a vaccine, at least not right away. Why? For corporate media, the answer is simple: those people are idiots who have either bought into crazy conspiracy theories about the pandemic or are simply too selfish and lazy to do the right thing. Dr. Anthony Fauci, for one, is very frustrated with them.

For outlets like The New York Times, it’s even simpler: “Least Vaccinated U.S. Counties Have Something in Common: Trump Voters,” ran a recent headline in the Times. The article argues that vaccine hesitancy “is highest in counties that are rural and have lower income levels and college graduation rates — the same characteristics found in counties that were more likely to have supported Mr. Trump.”

In other words, it’s all those science-denying MAGA idiots who are wary of getting a COVID-19 vaccine. The Times article notes the vaccine gap persists even in wealthier Trump-supporting areas, so it’s not just poor and uneducated Trump voters who are vaccine-suspicious, they’re all like that. Figures, right?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Claire McCaskill Is Upset ‘Trumpers’ Will ‘Cost Lives’ By Coming Out In Opposition To Vaccine Passports

“I don’t know how the right got so far ahead creating such a political connotation around the conversation of vaccine passports but again, down here on planet earth, just about every college that has announced back-to-school policies for the fall has announced a policy that includes proof of vaccination,” MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace said.

According to Wallace, providing proof of a COVID vaccine is no different than parents having to provide other immunization records when a student is enrolled in school.

“I don’t know, but it’s bad,” a wide-eyed Claire McCaskill replied. “I live in a state that the state legislature is dominated by Trumpers and they are busy making it illegal for a business to require a passport, a vaccine passport.”

McCaskill echoed Wallace’s earlier point, saying she too had to provide vaccine records to her children’s school. The former senator also said she had to provide her own immunization records before traveling to foreign countries for work.

Ah yes because going to the grocery store is the same as flying to Panama

Hijinx

“I don’t know, but it’s bad,” a wide-eyed Claire McCaskill replied. “I live in a state that the state legislature is dominated by Trumpers and they are busy making it illegal for a business to require a passport, a vaccine passport.”

Sounds like somehow Missouri screwed up. They have a Trumper legislature and elected this, Never-trumper masked man advocate to Congress.? Take my advice Missouri get yourself a new representative next year.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
This is from the CDC. If approx 45% of the American public gets a proven annual flu shot, how do they expect to get a substantially higher number if people to get an emergency vaccine?

Table 2. Flu Vaccination Coverage* among Adults ≥18 years, by Race/Ethnicity, United States,† 2018–19 Season
Race/Ethnicity‡Unweighted Sample Size%§ ± 95% CI||Difference from the 2017–18 Season ± 95% CI
Overall302,14845.3 ± 0.48.2 ± 0.6¶
White only, non-Hispanic232,22848.7 ± 0.48.5 ± 0.6¶
Black only, non-Hispanic21,80939.4 ± 1.67.1 ± 2.0¶
Hispanic22,40437.1 ± 1.48.7 ± 1.8¶
Other, non-Hispanic Overall20,79441.2 ± 1.84.5 ± 2.5¶
Asian6,22444.0 ± 2.72.0 ± 3.8
American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN)5,15337.6 ± 3.54.5 ± 5.1
Other or multiple races **9,41739.7 ± 2.77.3 ± 3.8¶

Kinnakeet

Guess you've never heard of the Tuskegee experiment.

But coming from someone who thinks slavery was no big deal and black should get over going to schools named after people who enslaved and killed their ancestors why am i not surprised.

Then you complain about how hard things are for white males.

SMH
Blacks should get over it its done gone time to move on and stop with the slave crap people of all colors were slaves at one time or another and they also need to stop calling themselves african american as that they cannot be as they were not born in africa but in the USA and therefore they are American Negros.
And why are you bringing the Tuskegee heros into this never once did they complain they just did there job and that was to protect the USA

Kinnakeet

Waitress says she was fired from NYC eatery for not getting COVID vaccine

A New York City waitress says she was fired from a popular Brooklyn restaurant after choosing not to get the COVID-19 vaccine for fear it might hurt her chances of getting pregnant.

Bonnie Jacobson, 34, told The Post that the management at Red Hook Tavern canned her on Monday because she balked at getting the shot immediately.

“It was shocking to me,” she said Wednesday. “I went through the stages: I’m hurt, I’m in shock — then I got mad.”

Jacobson, who has been married since October 2019, stressed that she’s not an anti-vaxxer and “fully supports” people being inoculated, but said she wants to wait for more research on the coronavirus vaccine’s possible effects on fertility.

“The way I see it, getting the vaccine is for me. It protects me. If I am not getting it, it’s my choice, and I’d only be hurting myself,” she said.

The coronavirus vaccines available haven’t been tested on pregnant women, but also haven’t been shown to affect pregnancy and are viewed as generally safe.
It is now being tested on millions of people thru out the world

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Ok, class? If your employer says you must get the experimental solution to stay employed, do this ....

Write up a liability statement, or have a lawyer do it, saying that if anything happens to you, for the remainder of your life, due to the fault, and complications, of the vaccine, that the employer, their Successor and Assigns, the owner/s and the management to be held personally liable, as well as their estates, accepts all liability, and will pay for any and all treatments, along with a healthy monetary monthly, (let's say $20,000 a month), stipend, for life.

You see, because what they are doing, is coercing you, placing you in a state of duress, (a violation of law, and common law), into signing an informed consent form before you even get the shot. That is the requirement set by the FDA when injecting an Emergency Use Authorization "vaccine". That's right folks. They must have you sign an informed consent form, from you, giving them permission to give you the shot. If you are being forced into signing something against your will, or a getting a shot, that is coercion, and is a violation of law.

"The broad definition of coercion is "the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal (as discharge from employment) or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences in order to compel that person to act against his or her will."

If there are those that stand for this behavior, then you get what you deserve.