Politics of Covid-19

Hijinx

PPP and EIDL were Fed programs, not state. Still waiting to see if Congress will convert the loans to grants like they've talked about.

We actually received a state small business assistance grant just this past week...had applied for it back in March and forgot all about it after that. It wasn't much but will keep me in Corona for a little longer.

I am not against the grants, but we wouldn't need them if it weren't for keeping things closed.
The answer is not grants it is opening up and going back to living , instead of hiding in our homes frightened of a flu.
That being said where is the animal that is defecating all of this money?
Where is it coming from and how is it to be replaced?
All of these grants are eventually going to bear a great burden on the middle class (people who work) who actually fund everything funded in this and other countries.
We (and other countries) cannot continues to pass out what is basically welfare to people while we hide at home.
What is worse Corona or recession for the next 10 years?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I am not against the grants, but we wouldn't need them if it weren't for keeping things closed.
The answer is not grants it is opening up and going back to living , instead of hiding in our homes frightened of a flu.
That being said where is the animal that is defecating all of this money?
Where is it coming from and how is it to be replaced?
All of these grants are eventually going to bear a great burden on the middle class (people who work) who actually fund everything funded in this and other countries.
We (and other countries) cannot continues to pass out what is basically welfare to people while we hide at home.
What is worse Corona or recession for the next 10 years?
It was availabile so I applied for it. It did nothing to help us keep going....we shut down in March and didn’t reopen until June. Our business isn’t affected by what MD does either. It’s affected by what is happening in shipyards in Norway, UK, Taiwan etc.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Amazon's Employee Cafeterias Look an Awful Lot Like Indoor Dining

Eating in an Amazon cafeteria is like protesting at a left-wing rally. The elites give a pass to both.

In March, as Democrat leaders raced to close down the economy, a video made the rounds showing Amazon employees packed inside a cafeteria in New York City. The company has since taken efforts to enforce social distancing but, once again, why aren't restaurants allowed to do the same?

In a shouting match on CNBC, Rick Santelli sparred with The New York Times' Andrew Ross Sorkin over the unfairness of the lockdowns. Santelli responded to Sorkin's assertions that "science" has determined the ability of the virus to spread at big-box retailers is different than in places such as restaurants and churches.

"It’s not science!" Santelli responded. "Five-hundred people in a Lowe’s aren’t any safer than 150 people in a restaurant that holds 600. I don't believe it! Sorry, don't believe it, and I live in an area where there's a lot of restaurants that have fought back and they don't have any problems."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Anthony Fauci the humanist demands stay-at-home for Christ's birthday

Once again, here comes the medical bureaucrat pulling the political strings to steal a cherished American right: that of free worship. Not all Americans, after all, are atheistic in bent like the good Dohktah Fauci, who confirmed to C-SPAN in 2015 that it was a “totally accurate” assessment that he considered himself a “humanist.” Some really see Christmas as a religious-based holiday; some really gather for celebration of Christ’s birthday.

And that would make Christmas a religious freedom matter.

But take out the Christ — as Fauci apparently does, and as so many on the secular side of America do — and Christmas get-togethers are still protected freedoms of assembly. In other words: Government has no right to impose restrictions — and is taking this coronavirus cause to extreme liberty and stretching the declared health emergencies for all their worth, for all their political power-grabbing worth.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

There is no flu. There are no other diseases. No other causes of sickness and death. There is only the Assumed-Suspected-Likely-Probable-Presumed Corona-Cooties. If you get sick, it’s the Assumed-Suspected-Likely-Probable-Presumed Corona-Cooties. If you get sick and die, it’s the Assumed-Suspected-Likely-Probable-Presumed Corona-Cooties.

It is a jealous virus, and there shall be no other viruses, no other causes of sickness or death, before it.

Christ died on the cross for this virus. Thou shan't celebrate it!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Coronavirus goal posts must not be allowed to shift again

“Just because you get vaccinated with that second dose does not mean you should be participating in things like traveling in the middle of an out-of-control pandemic or that you’re liberated from masks,” Vin Gupta, an assistant professor at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, said on MSNBC. “Everything still applies until all of us hit the two-dose regimen, and we don’t think that’s going to happen until June/July.”
Similar warnings are starting to proliferate in the scaremongering news media.

Even now, many of the restrictions on activity are arbitrary, and often, the most sanctimonious leaders are the ones caught abusing their own draconian measures. Schools remain closed in much of the country despite a mountain of evidence showing that children have low odds of getting seriously ill or widely spreading the virus, and that remote learning is having a devastating impact on educational and emotional development, particularly among the least privileged.

To be clear, there is no doubt that we are now in a difficult stage of the pandemic, with outbreaks throughout the nation and a daily death toll of around 3,000 people. It is conceivable that we'll end up with a half-million COVID-19 deaths by the time vaccination has become widespread.

But we will be in a much different place a few months from now. Based on the commitments already made and the expected speed of distribution, it is anticipated that roughly 100 million members of the public will be able to be vaccinated in this country by the end of March. That should be more than enough to offer protection to the populations most vulnerable to COVID-19.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Covid-19 Mortality: A Matter of Vulnerability Among Nations Facing Limited Margins of Adaptation

Context: The human development territories have been severely constrained under the Covid-19 pandemic. A common dynamics has been observed, but its propagation has not been homogeneous over each continent. We aimed at characterizing the non-viral parameters that were most associated with death rate.

Methods: We tested major indices from five domains (demography, public health, economy, politics, environment) and their potential associations with Covid-19 mortality during the first 8 months of 2020, through a Principal Component Analysis and a correlation matrix with a Pearson correlation test. Data of all countries, or states in federal countries, showing at least 10 fatality cases, were retrieved from official public sites. For countries that have not yet finished the first epidemic phase, a prospective model has been computed to provide options of death rates evolution.

Results: Higher Covid death rates are observed in the [25/65°] latitude and in the [−35/−125°] longitude ranges. The national criteria most associated with death rate are life expectancy and its slowdown, public health context (metabolic and non-communicable diseases (NCD) burden vs. infectious diseases prevalence), economy (growth national product, financial support), and environment (temperature, ultra-violet index). Stringency of the measures settled to fight pandemia, including lockdown, did not appear to be linked with death rate.

Conclusion:
Countries that already experienced a stagnation or regression of life expectancy, with high income and NCD rates, had the highest price to pay. This burden was not alleviated by more stringent public decisions. Inherent factors have predetermined the Covid-19 mortality: understanding them may improve prevention strategies by increasing population resilience through better physical fitness and immunity.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
2020: The Year We Let Ourselves Be Infantilised And Dehumanised

We have now had nearly nine months of being treated like utter imbeciles. A once great country with a once free people has been reduced to the level of being governed by pathetic, childish slogans. And for some reason we have allowed ourselves to be infantilised.
I am utterly baffled as to how people can have sat through some of these slogans being introduced without responding with howls of laughter.
“Stay Alert. Control the Virus. Save Lives.”
What on earth is this actually supposed to mean?
Stay Alert? For what? Are we supposed to be on our guard for a virus that is approximately 120 nanometres, or around 1,000th the width of a human hair? Are we to carry an electron microscope around with us wherever we go, just in case? One of my favourite signs is an electronic one I sometimes see on my occasional drives into the office. On one day, it says, “Stay Alert. Control the Virus.” On another, it says, “Stay Alert. Watch out for Cyclists.” It should be noted that cyclists are considerably bigger than 120nm and even often wearing the kind of hi-vis jackets that coronaviruses refuse to wear.
Control the Virus? Say what? You mean they actually think we’re stupid enough to think they’re clever enough to devise schemes that can actually control those little invisible 120 nm virus particles that are in the air and on surfaces. Apparently so.

Save Lives? I am yet to hear a convincing argument as to how I and my family, not having any symptoms and thus not being infected by the virus, can possibly stop the spread of said virus that we don’t have by staying at home or wearing a piece of cloth over or respiratory passages, such that we save lives.

Hijinx

An old friend was in a nursing home, he died. Covid of course.
Now he was almost 90 years old, he wasn't in the nursing home because he liked it there, he had problems.
Now the Covid did take him out, it added tot he rest of his problems and he died.

He was placed in a bod bag, his family had to identify him by his picture, he was not embalmed he was put in a coffin and buried in a private ceremony. Is that any way to die? God help us when this is what we get for living a good life for 90 years.

Now I did not see this of course, it is what i have been told by family members. I couldn't see it . It wasn't allowed.. so I have to take their word.

Hijinx

That is the old way. The new modern way is to put a chip in you.
Like they do with dogs.
That way they can put your whole life in the chip and scan you everywhere.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IMHO a microchip is coming to verify your ID master database with all your information

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The only demonstrable result of government-imposed COVID-19 lockdowns has been the destruction of national economies, the crippling of domestic and cultural life, the suffering and death of multitudes due to untreated prior medical conditions, and the drastic rise in suicide rates. The lockdowns themselves have seemed to do little to prevent the onset of the disease, hence one lockdown after another has led to no discernible effect—apart from the fact that the virus appears to strike primarily a designated older cohort of the population already suffering from comorbidities. A recent graph charting the effects of repeated lockdowns in the province of Ontario would appear to indicate that the lockdowns themselves are super-spreaders. Texas Tech professor Gilbert Berdine sums up: “After taking the unprecedented economic depression into account, history will likely judge these lockdowns to be the greatest policy error of this generation.”

The same applies, mutatis mutandis, to the mask mandate, somewhat less destructive but equally absurd. After touting home-made, cloth, and sundry other masks for six months, Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his Chief Public Health Officer Theresa Tam have discovered that Canadians should be wearing three-layer masks—a tacit admission that the single- and double-ply masks we have been wearing for all this time are patently inadequate. Apparently, no-ply also works, given that our Minister of Health Patty Hajdu was spotted at Toronto’s Pearson Airport unabashedly maskless and happily smiling, like her American counterparts Anthony Fauci at a baseball game and Governor Newsom of California at his favorite restaurant.

In fact, masks do not screen out (or keep in) viral microns averaging 100 nanometers in size; the weave of all masks, with the partial exception of the medical N-95, is far too large to repel the coronavirus particle, which varies between 60nm and 140nm. Further, masks may cause hypoxia and consequent immune deficiency through the ingestion of one’s own CO2. It gets worse. A 50-state-wide controlled study showed that there is no correlation between mask mandates and fewer cases. On the contrary, there is a reverse correlation: non-masking states and counties did better than their masking counterparts. There is no weeding around the graphic evidence. One wonders if CO2 -forced immunity depletion had something to do with this.

herb749

So I heard there's a report out that finds only 2% of covid positives have come from restaurants. If true, then the reason for shutting them down is to keep people from going out and staying home.

There needs to be one for markets & Walmart which are likely the biggest %.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
There needs to be one for markets & Walmart which are likely the biggest %.
I'm sure that info is already available and it's just not being released. In order to track restaurant infections, you also have to count other sources. If they know that restaurants are 2%, pretty sure they know most of the rest of the %.

herb749

I'm sure that info is already available and it's just not being released. In order to track restaurant infections, you also have to count other sources. If they know that restaurants are 2%, pretty sure they know most of the rest of the %.

They don't want us to know the markets %.