Politics of Covid-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Poll Shows Most Americans Wildly Overestimate COVID Hospitalization Risks: Is the Media to Blame?

The hospitalization rate for both vaccinated and unvaccinated COVID patients is under 1%. The hospitalization rate for vaccinated COVID patients is 0.01%, or 1 out of every 10,914 patients, while the hospitalization rate for unvaccinated COVID patients is 0.89%, or 1 out of 112 patients.

This poll is based on American COVID patients and doesn’t include recent data from Israel showing that 59% of COVID patients in the hospital were fully vaccinated.

FACT-O-RAMA! Statistics from the Johns Hopkins website show us that the United States has a COVID survivability rate of 98.4%, meaning 1.6% of Americans with COVID die. Turkey has the highest survivability rate at 99.1%.

It’s no surprise that so many people on both sides of the aisle don’t have the correct answers. Politicians, celebrities, and news outlets regurgitate different COVID “information” and opinions, depending on their political leanings.

Rep. Ritchie Torres, a Democrat from New York City, wants to keep unvaccinated people off airplanes. New York’s Governor Hochul recently stated that roughly 72,000 healthcare workers will lose their jobs on September 27 if they don’t get vaccinated—the same workers who were given a hero’s parade last year.

CNN’s favorite jackpudding, Don Lemon, wants society to shun the unvaccinated, even going so far as to keep them from going into a hospital.

herb749

So on another site I visit the latest squawk is a shortage of covid tests and the lack of home tests. Yeah, what we need is home tests, then more people will go to a hospital. People are too easy to run get a test now.

Wonder what they would do if you started getting charged instead of free .?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
GOP Doctors Urge CDC to Recognize COVID Natural Immunity

Led by Republican Senator Roger Marshall (R-KS) and the GOP Doctors caucus in the House of Representatives, Republican lawmakers are urging the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to “recognize natural immunity” as the fight over vaccine mandates heats up, Fox News reported first.

"The U.S. Department of Defense vaccine mandate has the potential to lead to a national security crisis by separating up to 20% of our military personnel, many of whom likely have natural immunity,” a letter to the CDC from the lawmakers reads, referencing recent vaccine mandates. “Published and submitted journal articles verify immunity from natural infection and innate immunity in measuring an individual’s level of protection to COVID-19. One study examining this found that patients who recovered from COVID-19 could produce long-term immune response...We urge the CDC to acknowledge natural immunity and work with other federal agencies to ensure all future guidance, policies and federally-funded research take this evidence into account and build off it.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sad: Biden Supporter Doesn’t Realize Nation Already Back To Normal Outside Window

ANN ARBOR, MI—Janice Donaldson, thirty-year-old schoolteacher and Don Lemon superfan, forlornly looked out her bedroom window, wondering if the day would ever come when she could safely leave the confines of her well-Cloroxed home.

"Can you imagine how it will feel one day to just be able to go to the grocery store again?" she said as she placed another delivery order for canned goods. "Even to be able to eat produce would be so nice, instead of having to quarantine these canned tomatoes in a closet before roasting out all the germs."

"I was so elated to finally get the vaccine—only to learn from our dear President that I could still die at any moment if I came across some unvaccinated imbecile," said Ms. Donaldson, clutching her Dr. Fauci pillow.

Hijinx

If I were looking for someone to give rapt attention to and get his advice, Don Lemon would probably be the last person i would look for.

Yes I know this is Babylon Bee, but the guy who goes around sticking his smelly balls fingers under people's noses does have fans--------------I guess.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Doctor Rand Paul Absolutely TORCHES HHS Secretary Becerra on Natural Immunity

Paul asked Becerra if he was a doctor. Paul, of course, is a licensed physician who often does charity eye surgery during congressional breaks. Becerra offered his 30 years of work on health policy, but Paul kept going.

“You presume somehow to tell over 100 million Americans who have survived COVID that we have no right to determine our own medical care?” Paul asked. “You alone are on high, and you’ve made these decisions? A lawyer with no scientific background, no medical degree. This is an arrogance coupled with an authoritarianism that is unseemly and unAmerican. You, sir, are the one ignoring the science.”

Paul noted that dozens of studies show robust, long-lasting immunity following a COVID infection. He pointed out other illnesses like measles and smallpox, where the CDC does not recommend vaccination after a person recovers. As almost anyone over the age of 40 knows, we were not vaccinated for chickenpox if we had it as children.

Paul told Becerra he should be ashamed of himself and accused him of being dishonest about natural immunity. “Today, after hearing millions of people in a study prove, show without a doubt that there’s a great deal of immunity from getting it naturally, do you want to apologize to the 100 million Americans who suffered through COVID, survived, have immunity, and yet you want to hold them down and vaccinate them? Do you want to apologize for calling those people flat-earthers?”

Becerra, of course, did not.

Becerra called Paul’s assertion about natural immunity, which is backed up by dozens of studies, an “opinion” and said his organization follows data, science, and on-the-ground results. Paul noted that this did not include the dozens of studies he referenced. “You’re selectively doing this because you want us to submit to your will. You have no scientific background and no scientific degrees. And yet, you aren’t really concerned about 100 million Americans who had the disease. You just want to tell us, ‘Do as you’re told.’ That’s what you’re telling us. You want to mandate this on all of us.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Research Is Clear: Ivermectin Is a Safe, Effective Treatment for COVID, so Why Isn’t It Being Used?

The young pharmacist, a few years out of pharmacy school, informed me he did not understand why I was using ivermectin for early treatment of COVID because “SARS-CoV-2 does not have an exoskeleton.”

I explained I was not using ivermectin as an anti-parasitic medication, but that it had impressive data as an anti-inflammatory and anti-viral. Furthermore, as a pediatrician, I have more than 40 years of experience managing multiple viral illnesses. There is value in treating viruses early, often with inexpensive natural remedies, rather than “staying at home until you have problems breathing then go to the hospital” as U.S. public officials have advised for COVID.

The pharmacist was not buying my initial explanation. “I am not going to fill prescriptions for ivermectin that are used in pseudo vaccine doses,” he told me.

I was surprised a young pharmacist was able to override an experienced physician’s prescription, effectively removing an inexpensive prevention and treatment option for selected patients in the middle of a pandemic.

The medical educator in me kicked in. “I would be happy to send you some references about the use of ivermectin for treatment and prevention. There are impressive studies from Argentina, Peru, Africa and India that suggest much better outcomes than we are achieving here in the U.S. with our single-minded focus on vaccines.”

He told me the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) did not recommend ivermectin for COVID. I asked to see the documentation and he agreed to fax it to me. I hand-delivered 93 references and a great review article to the Walgreens. The pharmacist faxed back a post from March 5, on the FDA website entitled “Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Man Dies From COVID-19 After Hospital Rejects Court Order For Ivermectin: Report

Although Jeremy L. Carter was vaccinated against COVID-19, he still caught the virus at the end of August, Lewke detailed. He became sick enough to be hospitalized at Rochester General Hospital and continued to deteriorate to the point where he was placed on a ventilator.

After consulting with Carter’s primary care doctor, Carter and his daughter Jill Alvarado wanted to try Ivermectin. Although the drug is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat COVID-19, and the FDA has explicitly warned against using it, some doctors have prescribed Ivermectin for COVID-19 patients.

However, the hospital refused to administer the drug to Carter, even though the family said they would gladly sign away any right to file a malpractice lawsuit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Doctors are getting angry at their patients

Doctors are having none of it. Instead, they lash out at the very idea that patients should expect to be treated for COVID. They complain of being imposed upon by people who refuse to be vaccinated, overlooking the fact that even the vaccinated have become seriously ill or died of COVID or one of the many variants that have emerged since mass vaccination began. Doctors are not supposed to hurt us—yet I can’t think of anything more hurtful than telling people who test positive for COVID to go home and wait to see how sick they will get, then getting angry at those same people when they ask for a treatment that might prevent them getting sick at all.

DaSDGuy

We passed a grim milestone this week - more than 353,000 coronavirus deaths have been reported since January 1, 2021, according to an ABC News story citing data from Johns Hopkins University, which is more than the 352,000 deaths in 2020.

In other words for the mentally slow, more people have died from COVID with Biden as POTUS than Trump. And we still have three months of 2021 to go.

So much for Trump being the problem.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Reopen California Schools Facebook Page Mysteriously Disappears

With the increasing attacks on grassroots activism groups formed by parents against school boards and teachers unions, this type of naked swipe by Big Tech comes as no surprise. As my colleague streiff reported, the Department of Justice is targeting parents and parent organizations who protest school boards and curriculum for their school-aged children in which they do not agree. It is a foregone conclusion that an organization like Reopen California Schools is also in their crosshairs.

Reopen California Schools, in conjunction with Let Them Breathe, filed a lawsuit in July against the State of California, officials from the California Department of Public Health, and Governor Gavin Newsom challenging the state’s mask mandates, and COVID quarantine and testing protocols. In a September 30 TRO (temporary restraining order) hearing, the state attempted to delay the injunctive relief hearing until 2022, but it was denied by Judge Cynthia Freeland. As reported by group founders Jonathan Zachreson (Reopen California Schools) and Sharon McKeeman (Let Them Breathe) the fact that the state did an opposition dump of 1600 pages with supporting documents at midnight of September 30, and also attempted to kick the can into next year, casts some doubt that the state attorneys are merely trying to paper the plaintiffs, while they dig for substantive arguments.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Here's the answer to the religious test when asked. Just say my body is a temple, I am to keep it clean. You don't even need to be a member of any "recognized" religion. Best part? You get to decide what is clean, what goes into your body. As per your understanding of scripture. You don't need to explain any further.

There’s actually not just one Bible verse that talks about how your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. Here are a couple of them!
  1. “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” – 1st Corinthians 6:19-20
  2. “Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.” – 1st Corinthians 3:16-17
  3. “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.” – 1st Corinthians 12:27
  4. "It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body."– 1 Corinthians 15:44

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cleveland Clinic joins Colorado Hospital and says it will stop performing organ transplants for unvaccinated people due to fears of recipients being vulnerable to Covid

• The Cleveland Clinic will no longer allow people unvaccinated against COVID-19 to receive organ transplants
  • Official cite the danger that people who receive transplants face from the virus as reason to deny them the operation
  • A person also must be vaccinated in order to donate to be a living organ donor due to fears Covid may be able to transmit through the procedure
  • UCHealth in Colorado made headlines last week for instituting a similar policy and denying an unvaccinated woman a kidney transplant
  • Previous studies found that people who receive organ transplants do not generate strong antibody responses to the vaccine

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sssh! Our Overlords Will NOT Like This Report From Sharyl Attkisson About COVID And The Amish

Sharyl Attkisson, an investigative reporter and host of "Full Measure," interviewed members of the Amish community in Lancaster, Pennsylvania to find out how any of them managed to survive without following the Covid response mandates and recommendations of the U.S. government and medical establishment.

Contrary to assurances that hospitals would be overwhelmed and bodies would be piled up in the street unless everyone locked down, masked up, and got a Covid vaccination, the Amish community - a technology-eschewing Christian group generally distrustful of government - actually managed through the pandemic just fine after a brief shutdown in early 2020.

"There's no evidence of any more deaths among the Amish than in places that shut down tight," Attkisson said. "Some claim there were fewer here. That’s without masking, staying at home, or vaccines."