Politics of Covid-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
First, the email proves that Facebook’s motive was not really to stop “misinformation” from hurting people, but rather it was always intended to help promote the government’s hyper-aggressive vaccine program.

In his email, the staffer expressly admitted that Facebook was not just censoring “misinformation” to keep people safe, but was also censoring TRUE factual information that Facebook couldn’t find any way to label as mis-information. Like when somebody posted, “Seven hours after taking the second jab, my aunt died of a massive stroke.” That’s a fact.

That fact about the poster’s aunt falls into the “often true” category. It’s not misinformation. But it’s “shocking” and more importantly, it might cause some “vaccine hesitancy,” which is what the title of that paragraph called the whole project. They were “tackling vaccine hesitancy.”

Tackling vaccine hesitancy is not part of Facebook’s social media mission. That was the government’s depopulation mission. Sorry, sorry, I meant, “public health mission.”

Next, the staffer specifically proved at least one of the technical mechanisms of censorship, and helpfully admitted that people’s free speech rights were harmed — even putting a number on it. That admission proves DAMAGES. He said:

Additional limitations we placed in April 2020 on forwarding of messages that have been forwarded many times reduced these kinds of messages by over 70%.​

It’s worded a little obtusely, but what he’s saying is that they put the digital brakes on any message that got forwarded a lot and was critical of the vaccines. And it worked! In coordination with the White House, Facebook frustrated most (“over 70%”) of the forwarders. I remember all this very well. During this timeframe, when Facebook was C&C’s primary platform, commenters often complained that (a) they didn’t get the daily posts in their feed, and (b) they were blocked from forwarding or re-posting the daily roundups.

Next, the email proves COORDINATION between the government and the private actor, Facebook. In the email’s second-to-last sentence, the Facebook staffer called the previous list “these commitments.” If, as corporate media apologists suggest, Facebook was just detailing some of its totally private preferences, why call them “commitments?” Commitment to whom? Why commitments?

A commitment is something you make to someone that you are working with as part of an agreement, contract, or collusion.

Next, the very last sentence, promising “More on this front as we proceed to implement,” proves the White House was coordinating censorship with Facebook. In other words, if Facebook were just letting the White House know what its own preferences were, as a completely private actor, there would be no need to keep the government posted on the how the implementation was proceeding.

Finally, look at this delicious sentence that also proves coordination, the sentence with which the whole email begins:

Thanks for taking the time to connect on Friday. Per our discussion, I wanted to follow up with next steps:​

“Next STEPS!” Steps are what you take when you are walking out a PLAN. A plan to move toward a goal. A plan is an agreement between two or more parties to take some particular action. This email alone proves the White House was involved in massive civil rights violations.

Facebook’s stealth censorship ultimately escalated to 3-day and 7-day virtual jail terms, which prompted C&C’s packing up and moving to Medium.com, where we got summarily canceled, and finally restarted on Substack. And so here we are.

Andy Slavitt was probably smart enough to know not to put any of his own preferences and directives in writing. But the Facebook staff aren’t familiar with public records laws and how to evade them like politicians. So the Facebook team sometimes forgot, and wrote what they really meant, instead of using plausibly-deniable political doublespeak.

This is why politicians disdain tech people and scientific experts, who consider themselves to be smarter than politicians. Politicians see these kinds of emails and think the tech/science experts are blockheaded morons who are slow-walking to their own destruction.

It’s hard to argue with that.

There’s a word for this kind of government control of big private companies. I can’t remember the exact word, it starts with an ‘f’, and Mussolini really loved it. Fash-something.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 ZeroHedge reported on the 11th Circuit mask appeal arguments yesterday in an article headlined, “Biden Administration Urges Judges To Lift Stay On CDC’s Airplane Mask Mandate.”

The questioning was mixed. One of the judges asked the lawyers “if the CDC doesn’t have the power to order measures like masks in the middle of a pandemic, what power does it have?”

My answer would have been: exactly! The CDC doesn’t have ANY ‘powers.’ The CDC was created to advise and recommend. Not boss us around based on their goofy psuedo-scientific theories about what might work. The CDC isn’t a replacement government that kicks in during health emergencies.

Based on the questions, if I had to guess, the panel will split 2-1 and avoid the more difficult authority question by finding that the CDC failed to give proper public notice before it issued the rule.

Stay tuned.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 The covid fear game has entered an exciting new round. Earlier this week, the Daily Mail UK ran an alarming story headlined, "Is ‘Orthrus’ in YOUR Area? Time-Lapse Maps Show New Covid Variant’s Rapid Spread Through England With Strain Now Behind One in Five Cases – Amid Fears ‘Kraken’ Could Spark Virus Resurgence.”

It’s not a ‘real’ covid story unless you can work the word “worry” or “fear” into the headline somehow. Check.

Journalists, impatient with the boring, dry, and unimaginative scientific names for covid variants, have decided to take matters into their own sticky fingers and come up with their own terrifying variant nicknames. First it was The Kraken. Now they’ve named a new variant circulating in England, CH.1.1, after ANOTHER mythological monster from Greek legend, a two-headed dog called Orthrus. In Greek mythology, the virulent mutant canine was Cerberus’ brother.

They must be saving Cerberus for a better variant. Before I get to the next part — the Daily Mail’s most creative innovation, we must note the usual disclaimer, where late in the article, the Mail concedes that neither the Kraken nor Orthus are really anything new:

Neither Covid variant has been escalated to being declared a ‘variant of concern’ by the UKHSA. This suggests there are no signs they cause more severe disease than other, similarly mild Omicron strains, nor are sufficiently genetically divergent as to cause Covid vaccines to be less effective.​

Haha, that last bit reassuring people about the jabs is a hilarious self-own. Think about it. In an article fear-mongering scary new covid variants named after mythological monsters, two years into the jab campaign, they STILL have to throw in a gag line about how well the vaccines work. Whereas the whole point of the article is that the vaccines DON’T work, because you’re supposed to be making some time in your busy day to worry about all the monstrous new variants they’re yammering about.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Thursday, NPR ran an informative story headlined, “Is it time for a reality check on rapid COVID tests?” Well, yes, but that’s not the article’s point. They buried the lede.

Ostensibly, the article explains how rapid tests work about as well as low-energy dishwashers, often giving false negatives so you wind up infecting your entire dinner party, but you should still buy them anyways. Because science.

That’s great and all, but here’s the one line from the article that caught my eye:

[A]s the virus evolves, scientists are mainly seeing changes in its spike protein, which is what the virus uses to attack and enter healthy cells.​

In what must be a baffling, bizarre coincidence, the same part of the virus that is mainly evolving is not its nucleocapsid body but the exact same part of the virus that the mRNA jabs force people’s cells to make. It’s almost like — don’t cancel me — the virus is rapidly evolving around the vaccines, which is just what a lot of Team Reality scientists predicted would happen.

So. Weird.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

My body is not owned by the state. I have sole and exclusive autonomy over my body and no politician, official or doctor has the legal, moral, or ethical right to force me to undergo an unlicensed, experimental vaccine or any other medical treatment or procedure without my specific and informed consent. The decision is mine, and mine alone, and I will not submit to blackmail by the government or emotional manipulations by the media, so-called celebrity influencers or the medical industrial complex.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

How key virologists manipulated published research findings to cement a natural origins story for the 2014 West African Ebola outbreak, and then did the same thing again for SARS-2 in 2020

This detailed piece surveying evidence for the laboratory origins of the 2014 West African Ebola outbreak is very much worth your attention.

I’m not sure I find its core argument persuasive, but in many ways that’s not important. It’s everything else the authors have to say that matters. They reveal beyond all doubt that public understanding of virus outbreaks is subject to heavy manipulation by a small clique of favoured, well-funded virologists. These scientists used many of the same tactics in 2014 as they did in 2020, with the aim of establishing a natural origins story for unusual outbreaks, and keeping important anomalies surrounding these outbreaks out of the press. In both cases, their efforts unfolded in the context of US AID-associated PREDICT animal sampling efforts to identify emerging pathogens with pandemic potential. Also in both cases, research into these viruses was offloaded to overseas laboratories, preferred partly because they lay beyond the scrutiny of Western authorities.

SamSpade

My body is not owned by the state. I have sole and exclusive autonomy over my body and no politician, official or doctor has the legal, moral, or ethical right to force me to undergo an unlicensed, experimental vaccine or any other medical treatment or procedure without my specific and informed consent. The decision is mine, and mine alone, and I will not submit to blackmail by the government or emotional manipulations by the media, so-called celebrity influencers or the medical industrial complex.
Agreed. Which is why I never agreed with the lame argument that you need to do all these things - to protect OTHERS.

No - OTHERS need to protect THEMSELVES.

If you are or were a person who's at risk:

1. You DO know - sorry, you've lived long enough to know - you DO know and
2. It's on you to protect YOURSELF from germs, and not to expect the entire rest of the world to try and insulate themselves, FROM YOU.

If you are a hemophiliac, it's on YOU to protect YOURSELF from sharp objects - it's NOT on the REST OF THE WORLD to blunt everything in existence for you, just so you don't have to be cautious.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Understanding comes from comprehension. Comprehension becomes knowledge. From knowledge we get wisdom. Wisdom is knowing the difference from truth and falsehoods.

The Microbiome

The microbiome (derived from the Greek words micro, meaning “small,” and biotikos, meaning “pertaining to life”) is a massive ecosystem consisting of trillions of microorganisms. Incredibly, some 40,000 species of bacteria, 300,000 species of parasites, 65,000 species of protozoa, and between 3.5 million and 5 million species of fungi inhabit the environment around us and live in or on the human body. This complex world of microorganisms continually secretes a sea of viruses, which serve as a communication network for the bacteria, parasites, protozoa, and fungi. And, as we will discover shortly, these viruses have always been here to help us, not hinder us. In other words, they are life-affirming, not death-inducing.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Critics fear that expanding the limit could endanger pilots’ health and passengers’ safety.

This worry is especially acute amid rising reports of cardiac arrest and sudden death since the COVID pandemic began in 2020. Some researchers suggest that some heart conditions could be tied to aftereffects of COVID-19 injections or the virus. Because pilots were threatened with job termination, a large percentage of them took the COVID jabs.

These factors make a very worrisome mix, said Josh Yoder, a commercial airline pilot who heads the USFF advocacy group.

“This is a ticking time bomb on a level like we’ve never seen,” he told The Epoch Times in an interview.

While some people question whether that level of concern is justified, others agree with Yoder. For many months, he and others have railed against the FAA for declaring the COVID injections safe for pilots, as the Epoch Times reported previously.

Yoder and others say the FAA should be held accountable for relaxing the EKG standard. They say the new standard increases the odds that a pilot’s heart condition would slip past, undetected and untreated, setting the stage for disaster.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Natural Immunity Superior to Vaccination Against Infection in Children

Children with natural immunity were better protected from COVID-19 infection and hospitalization than children who were vaccinated, according to a new study.

Children aged 5 to 11 with post-infection protection, or natural immunity from an infection with Omicron or a subvariant, and no vaccination had 88.4 percent protection against reinfection, researchers in North Carolina found. That was compared to 59.7 percent protection against Omicron from a primary series of a messenger RNA vaccine, or two doses of vaccine from Pfizer or Moderna, among the uninfected.

The protection remained higher over time until the eighth month, when the protection from natural immunity among the unvaccinated was estimated to be 18.8 percent and the protection from vaccination was pegged at 22.5 percent.

While 50 percent effectiveness is considered the threshold for an effective vaccine, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the World Health Organization, the effectiveness of the shots remained above that bar for just one month, the researchers found.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CDC Acknowleges Overcounting COVID-19 Hospitalizations but Suggests It Doesn’t Overcount Deaths

Experts are increasingly warning against putting forth numbers that include incidental hospitalizations, or hospitalization “with” COVID-19 as opposed to “for” COVID-19. They say that separating the incidental hospitalizations will improve the accuracy of numbers and help the public better understand the current state of the pandemic.

“I think that’s becoming increasingly important as we move into an era where these variants are clearly more infectious and cause more asymptomatic disease,” Dr. Cody Meissner, professor of pediatrics and medicine at Dartmouth College’s Geisel School of Medicine, said during a recent meeting.

Multiple states and jurisdictions, including Massachusetts and King County, Washington, do not include incidental hospitalizations in their COVID-19 reporting.

The CDC does make the distinction in some of its studies, including papers analyzing data from COVID-NET, a CDC surveillance system that includes hospitals in 98 counties across 13 states.

“It’s not broken out in the surveillance data that’s reported online but they do use a reasonable case definition, which is essentially that people who’ve tested positive in a reasonable amount of time before admission, or within several days after admission, are basically called a COVID associated case,” Heater Scobie, a CDC researcher, said during the meeting, which featured experts advising the U.S. government on the future of the COVID-19 vaccination program.

Neither Scobie nor the CDC explained why the agency is not separating out incidental hospitalizations.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

"Schools drive the pandemic, the research is clear."

Chief German pandemic botherer and renowned virus pest Karl Lauterbach in November 2020:

Here’s a good, topical summary on the question of whether schools are driving the second wave, whether they’re sites of superspreading, what the research shows. Dr. Zoe Hyde, an expert on Covid in children, says the research is clear, schools cause clusters of infections, they drive the pandemic, the research is clear. I agree.

There’s a lot to say about this. The most obvious, is the open attempt to shift blame for catastrophic pandemic measures onto not-so-nebulous “scientists who advised the federal government” – a clear jab at Christian Drosten. And of course there is the very tired lie that nobody knew any better in 2020, even though by the Fall of that year – when Lauterbach zealously retweeted Covid lunatics like Zoe Hyde – his own government was publishing weekly contact tracing data that sourced the plurality of infections to care homes and could find almost none in educational or childcare settings, despite the heavy testing there. It’s especially frustrating to read statements like this now, because many, many of us spent a good part of November 2020 pointing precisely at these numbers, only to be thoroughly ignored.

What’s most important, though, is the emerging strategy that we see here and in other places, to contain the growing impression that our entire pandemic response has been a failure. Too many people have been complicit in these ruinous policies for there ever to be an open acknowledgment that they constitute a wholesale disaster. Instead, they’ll try to pick aspects of the containment regime to repudiate instead, in the hopes that limited admissions will calm their critics and forestall an avalanche. In Germany, they’ve decided that it’s the school closures that are to be officially regretted.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
They aren't wrong.

My husband used to go full rant every Sept and Oct when the boys were in school, when the kids would bring home every (harmless) germ known to man. He would be sick as a dog for 2 months.

We all suffered thru those colds.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

They aren't wrong.

My husband used to go full rant every Sept and Oct when the boys were in school, when the kids would bring home every (harmless) germ known to man. He would be sick as a dog for 2 months.

We all suffered thru those colds.

They are correct. But the real reason? Ever notice, that at the time these kids, and parents, start getting sick, at the beginning of the school year, is at the same time, astronomically, when the sun's UVB rays cannot penetrate the atmosphere, due to the angle of the sun to ground, to allow exposed skin to produce immune system supporting Vitamin D?

What they and their parents are experiencing is their body going though a detoxification process because of the western diet. The science is there for all to read and incorporate into their lives to live healthy, however, they don't. The blame, "rants", is incorrectly placed elsewhere instead of where it should be, with themselves.