Politics of Covid-19

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Both my wife and I tested positive today. We felt something was off, and used the home test that USPS sent.
Positive result about 4:30 PM.

Went to the Med Express near Cracker Barrel as they are the only ones close doing walk in testing.
Got there about 5:30, paperwork and waiting later, got vitals taken and testing done about 7:30.
Physical exam followed, results of test were positive for both of us.
Exam, doc said our lungs sounded clear, breathing, between coughs, was good and heart sounded good.

It appears we both lucked out with a mild case. Will be self isolating until at least Monday, have a note for Lowe's
Wife has already been told that most days will be telework in the face of the silly sailor games on base.
Doc said do what we normally do for a bad cold, or case of flu.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Both my wife and I tested positive today. We felt something was off, and used the home test that USPS sent. Positive result about 4:30 PM.

Went to the Med Express near Cracker Barrel as they are the only ones close doing walk in testing.
Got there about 5:30, paperwork and waiting later, got vitals taken and testing done about 7:30.
Physical exam followed, results of test were positive for both of us.
Exam, doc said our lungs sounded clear, breathing, between coughs, was good and heart sounded good.

It appears we both lucked out with a mild case. Will be self isolating until at least Monday, have a note for Lowe's
Wife has already been told that most days will be telework in the face of the silly sailor games on base.
Doc said do what we normally do for a bad cold, or case of flu.

Not to be insensitive. After all that has been written to debunk what is called COVID over the past years, as well as the test for it that does no such thing, you still believe in this BS? How about it being that you might have a simple cold? Maybe the oncoming detoxification of your body? How can you allow yourself to be continually suckered into this theater of medical propaganda? If starting to feel ill concerns you because of your past medical issues and prompts a doctors visit, that I can understand. But to self test, and get tested using what is clearly a test, proven to not work and not designed as such, that cannot and does not detect a specific viral infection with any distinction, that can be regarded as actuate, astounds me. All these bogus tests do is to provide fodder for the tyrant health department doctor to fudge her statics when presenting to the BOCC.

What your doctor said, "do what we normally do for a bad cold, or case of flu", speaks volumes of what you are really experiencing. As well a telling you without telling you that COVID is BS. Have some chicken soup and get better.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Times explained everything was good at first, in the good old days when when doctors were pushing Pfizer’s covid pill in droves, but then — FOR NO GOOD REASON — doctors suddenly stopped suggesting patients gobble up the pills.

These doctors are stubborner than Baalam’s ass, who refused to move no matter how hard the wise man pulled.

The whole thing is quite vexing. Still, the Grey Lady admitted that, okay, doctors might have SOME legitimate concerns about the drug. But EXPERTS think doctors should prescribe it anyways:

Some doctors have concerns that are rooted in real issues with Paxlovid and inform their reluctance to prescribe it. But experts are unconvinced that those fears are enough to avoid prescribing Paxlovid altogether, especially to older and higher-risk patients.​

You see, EXPERTS can determine better than doctors whether the risk of side effects from the drug is justified by the benefits. That’s why they’re called “experts.” Duh. Oh! Here’s one right now, Doctor Wachter. I did not make that up.

“What I’m doing for a living is weighing the benefits and the risks for everything,” said Dr. Robert Wachter, the chair of the medicine department at the University of California, San Francisco. In deciding whether to prescribe Paxlovid, he said, the benefits significantly outweigh the risks.​

It’s not even close. An avid festival-goer, Doctor Wachter carefully evaluated the profitability — sorry! — I meant to say, the ‘efficacy’ of Pfizer’s covid drug.

He thinks EVERY SINGLE DOCTOR should give Paxlovid to EVERY SINGLE COVID PATIENT. No matter what. Because science.

In fairness, right before dismissing each and every item, the Times’ article listed the various legitimate concerns that doctors have about the Pfizer pill. Here are the problems and the Times’ solutions:

Doctors: It’s a brand new, barely tested drug.

Times: Yes, but COVID.

Doctors: Known side effects include diarrhea, muscle pain and loss of taste, which is worse than the virus

Times: True, but COVID.

Doctors: Paxlovid Rebound gives patients “double the covid” when what they want is LESS covid.

Times: BUT COVID.

Doctors: Most patients are not at risk of serious illness or death

Times: you never know.

Doctors: Paxlovid dangerously interacts with other common drugs

Times: just take the patient off the OTHER drugs. Duh. It’s so simple.

Doctors: we want “more evidence” it works; like about WHICH patients benefit

Times: hey, we can ALWAYS benefit from more evidence, okay, but you have to start somewhere. Plus, COVID.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^The NP who saw me did mention the COVID pills, but said we presented a few days, too late.
She said the symptoms we were showing were easier on the body than the possible side effects of the drug.

herb749

Covids over in May. After that you have to pay for testing. There will be some still willing to pay as long as insurance picks up the tab. Might be the next govt money bill.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 NTD News ran a story yesterday headlined “Inside the Secret Government Meeting on COVID-19 Natural Immunity.” It describes a “secret” (non-public) phone meeting in October, 2021. It’s a story about how the government fat-fingered one of the most important decisions of the pandemic.

[clip]

Most of the NTD article focuses on how badly wrong the four dummkopf immunologists were on natural immunity versus vaccine immunity (if you can call it immunity), with the ultimate suggestion being that someone should take away their immunology driving licenses before anyone else gets hurt.

That’s all true, but I’d like to examine a couple less obvious implications. First of all, most people think Fauci, Walensky, and Murthy were brilliant scientists doing their own work, evaluating the research for themselves, and relying on ages and ages of dearly-purchased experience gained from sweaty labwork down in the trenches, way before getting richly-deserved top government jobs because they are the best of the best.

Um, no. They’re overpaid pencil pushers who copy other people’s work and shift the big decisions off onto germaphobic scientists and get all their talking points from allied, liberal non-governmental actors who are exempt from disclosure. This story sheds a lot of new light on whenever Fauci said stuff like, “the best science says that vaccine-induced immunity is superior to natural immunity.”

In truth, Fauci didn’t know jack. He was just talking about something somebody told him, and pretending like he knew it all. What a poseur.

The second implication, briefly touched on by NTD, is how the government actors surreptitiously shifted all these critical decisions into non-public settings, probably because they were too embarrassed to publicly show how little they really knew about their subjects. Sadly, as unelected agency employees, the bureaucrats had no obligation to conduct business in public. That’s a huge problem with the administrative state.

Third, and maybe most important, this shows how PUBLIC HEALTH deserves the highest blame for the many errors of the pandemic. Public health “experts” were whispering in the bureaucrats and officials’ ears the whole time, filling the officials’ heads with germaphobic twaddle, with predictably tragic results.

PHE defenders will attempt to argue that nobody knew anything for sure at the time. But I can’t possibly say it strongly enough or repeat this enough times: the public health establishment was wrong, wrong, wrong, but never — not one single time — admitted even a hint of ambiguity.

They were always SURE. They were POSITIVE. It WASN’T EVEN CLOSE. They never ever said, “probably,” or “as best we know at this time,” or “our best guess is.” They said don’t argue with science.

They only started dithering when people started dying from something that wasn’t covid. And NOW they’re baffled. Now everything is mysterious and murky. “Maybe it’s too many onions or something!“ Nope. They’re pretending to be confounded because otherwise they’ll have to admit they were wrong and that they crashed the world’s car when they weren’t even supposed to be driving.

Back in the good old days, when some traveling quack got half the town sick from fraudulent snake oil, they could be tarred and feathered, or run out of town on a rail (which if you look that up, appears to have been exquisitely uncomfortable, especially in the tender spots).

King Nebuchadnezzar knew how to deal with fakers. He promptly ordered his so-called “expert” wise men painfully vivisected after they couldn’t tell him what his dream was. Now don’t get hysterical, I’m not advocating violence. But it’s for their own good. These people must be held legally accountable at some point or they’ll never learn: Offit, Osterholm, Iwasaki, Hotez.
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...20b0-3191-464c-8424-dccee390c3e8_1220x600.png
Seriously, these people shouldn’t be influencing ANYBODY. They need therapy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Government 'Experts' Colluded to Ignore Natural Immunity

Natural immunity should have been an uncontroversial, accepted approach to combating COVID.

Historically, this has been an approved facet of respiratory virus response. Fauci himself acknowledged as much just a few short years ago.

But during COVID, natural immunity was summarily rejected in favor of universal vaccination. Those policies and recommendations continue into 2023, even as evidence has emerged that vaccine conferred immunity rapidly wanes and diminishes.

It has now been revealed that the move to diminish the importance of natural immunity was an organized, concerted effort led by multiple government promoted “experts.”

They clearly were eager to promote mRNA vaccines as the only possible way to end the pandemic.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Well I guess my wife and I having been vaccinated (no boosters), and now going through a fairly mild bout of the Wuhan Flu, will be able to add natural immunity to our resumé.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Africa a medical mystery to the globalist COVID elites

By Monica Showalter

When someone has had success in beating off a global pandemic, shouldn't they maybe get some kind of laurels? At a minimum, it would makes sense to learn what they learned so as to get the same result. That's how actual science works, or at least, it did.
Not to the global bureaucrats of the World Health Organization (WHO), which can't stop telling African countries on a continent that has great success in beating COVID, what to do.

According to the Burning Platform:

Scientists are said to be “mystified” as to how Africa fared so well, completely ignoring data showing that the more COVID-19 shots you get, the higher your risk of contracting COVID-19 and ending up in the hospital.
Over the past year, researchers have been warning that the COVID-19 jabs appear to be dysregulating and actually destroying people’s immune systems, leaving them vulnerable not only to COVID-19 but also other infections.

7_233_9.gif

It stands to reason, then, that Africa with its low injection rate would not be burdened with COVID-19 cases brought on by dysfunctional immune systems.
Secondly, variants have gotten milder (less pathogenic) with each iteration, albeit more infectious (i.e., they spread easier).
So why is the WHO worried about “the risk of new variants creating large waves of serious disease and death in populations with low vaccination coverage”? What is that “risk” based on?
And, since COVID-19 infection keeps getting milder, and has had a lethality on par with or lower than influenza ever since mid-2020 at the latest, why is it still a “crucial priority” to accelerate delivery of COVID-19 treatments?

What part of 'succeeded' do they not understand? The Africans did not follow the great lockdown strategies seen in China, most of Western Europe, and most of the U.S., which is why their populations were able to acquire natural immunity as the virus mutated to weaker and weaker versions of itself, which is how pretty much all pandemic viruses play out. They also used ivermectin and other known kill-it-dead cures for the disease, having the widely available and inexpensive treatment available over the fancy-schmancy newest treatments developed by Big Pharma. In addition, not having the resources, they didn't pursue a mass vaccination strategy which has led to a host of suspected problems in the populations that did, from myocarditis and blood clots that often led to death in young people, to the emerging issue of suspected mass infertility from the vaccines. If that one turns out to be true, I wrote about that issue here, Africa can now look forward to ruling the earth because after the jabbed populations go extinct, they will be among the few who are left.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Well I guess my wife and I having been vaccinated (no boosters), and now going through a fairly mild bout of the Wuhan Flu, will be able to add natural immunity to our resumé.
I went back to MedEx on Saturday as a home test showed a possible positive.
The in clinic tests showed negative for COVID and Flu A/B, but something must have looked hinky. They took another sample and sent it off to a lab for a more sophisticated PCR test. According to that, I am still COVID positive, just mainly asymptomatic.

This morning, the state medical dept. contacted me by phone. I guess the in clinic results were not reported, but the lab one was. They said even though positive, since I have only mild symptoms, I no longer have to self isolate. But, please wear a mask when out and about.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Wrongly censored scientist seeks COVID-19 truth commission to expose 'propaganda,' censorship

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a Stanford University medical professor, says he is now working with other scientists who were silenced during the early COVID-19 debate to build momentum for a "truth commission" on the failures of public health officials and identify the questions that Congress needs to answer so America doesn't repeat such failures in future medical crises.

"What Big Tech did essentially I think caused tremendous harm to the American people," Bhattacharya told the "Just the News, No Noise" television show Wednesday night. "I suppose that if we had had an open and honest debate in 2020, 2021 about school openings, so many of our kids wouldn't have missed a year and a half or more of school, wouldn't have had the learning loss, wouldn't have had the lifelong harm done to them that we did with these lockdown policies."

Twitter under new owner Elon Musk acknowledged in December that under pressure from federal agencies it blacklisted Bhattacharya for many months. The platform kept the opinions of Bhattacharya and other scientists in the Great Barrington Declaration movement from gaining traction, even though research now shows their analysis on the low risk of COVID-19 to children, the uselessness of masks and the uneven protection of mRNA vaccines were all accurate.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
COVID is over, but registered nurse Monica McLemore, who has her pronouns in her bio on Twitter, is devastated because she contracted the virus. She’s been jabbed multiple times and still wears a mask—so she’s also mentally ill. She protected her tweets for some time, but screenshots last forever. McLemore was “heartbroken” and “sad” over the diagnosis. Her reaction was not nearly as bad as a girl who recorded her rapid test and broke down emotionally when the result was positive last January. McLemore’s response was more of a mini meltdown. Still, the masking and the multiple shots are eye-roll-worthy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

How I Survived COVID-19: What They Don’t Seem to Want You to Know

I was one of the first 25,000 known COVID-19 cases in the United States in early March 2020 and was lucky enough to find a doctor—a pediatrician—who thought outside the box and successfully treated me—possibly saving my life—against the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.

Being the first adult COVID-19 case my doctor treated, he documented my progress and submitted his successful findings to the CDC, the World Health Organization (WHO), a network of 26,000 doctors, and shared it in a Facebook post.

What transpired next was an attack by doctors in his own network and his findings were not acknowledged by the CDC or the WHO. The social media post outlining his treatment was censored and deleted by Facebook.

Despite the backlash my doctor went on to successfully treat hundreds of adults with COVID-19, seeing over forty a day for three months at one point during the pandemic. He is one of the many unsung heroes of the COVID-19 pandemic.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden National Security Advisor Downplays Bombshell Report: No ‘Definitive Answer’ On COVID Lab Leak

"One of the things in that 'Wall Street Journal's report, which I can't confirm or deny, but I will say the reference to the Department of Energy, President Biden specifically requested that the National Labs, which are part of the Department of Energy, be brought into this assessment because he wants to put every tool at use to be able to figure out what happened here," Sullivan said. "And if we gain any further insight or information, we will share it with Congress, and we will share it with the American people. But, right now, there is not a definitive answer that has emerged from the intelligence community on this question."

The Wall Street Journal released a report that the Energy Department, now equipped with "new intelligence," believes the Chinese virus emerged from a lab in Wuhan. Their report coincides with the FBI, while other agencies are sticking to the narrative that the Coronavirus resulted from natural transmission.