Politics of Covid-19

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not Yet ...

Do you even ****ing read the stuff you post??

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do you even ****ing read the stuff you post??

Yes

WTF is your point YOU or anyone else KNOWS how many dead there will be

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
#1, we don't have 100,000 to 200,000 Americans dying.
I wonder 1) what numbers are they using as their baseline and 2) are they assuming that CV patients with underlying conditions are dying from CV?
#2, I'm not sure why they even call on that ****tard Acosta. He should be thrown out of these things for good.
He needs the diary entries
Question is one that demands answers. BUT I do understand the simplicity of bypassing an autopsy and chalking it up to 'complications of CV'.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BUT I do understand the simplicity of bypassing an autopsy and chalking it up to 'complications of CV'.

Well now they're saying that they include negative results in positive cases because of "false negatives".

:crazy:

This is getting more surreal by the day and I'm astonished that the masses are buying into it despite the blatant lies and manipulation. If it were a real thing, they wouldn't need to lie and manipulate. Yet here they are.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
With virus crisis raging, Pelosi and Schiff ramp up new Trump investigations

The team is back in action. On Thursday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the creation of the House Select Committee on the Coronavirus Crisis. The new panel will have the authority to investigate any aspect of the virus emergency and the Trump administration's handling of it.

Pelosi's announcement came a day after House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff called for a 9/11-style independent commission to investigate "mistakes" in the virus response. Shortly after that, Schiff told the Washington Post that in Congress, House Democrats must investigate the Trump administration's handling of virus testing and the government's distribution of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers.

"We need to make sure there's no favoritism in terms of political allies, no discrimination against states or governors based on lack of presidential flattery," Schiff said, indicating the probe would be aimed squarely at President Trump.

Less than three months after sending to the Senate impeachment articles to remove the president from office and less than two months after the Senate trial ended in Trump's acquittal, the Pelosi-Schiff team is up and running again.

Hijinx

With virus crisis raging, Pelosi and Schiff ramp up new Trump investigations

The team is back in action. On Thursday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the creation of the House Select Committee on the Coronavirus Crisis. The new panel will have the authority to investigate any aspect of the virus emergency and the Trump administration's handling of it.

Pelosi's announcement came a day after House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff called for a 9/11-style independent commission to investigate "mistakes" in the virus response. Shortly after that, Schiff told the Washington Post that in Congress, House Democrats must investigate the Trump administration's handling of virus testing and the government's distribution of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers.

"We need to make sure there's no favoritism in terms of political allies, no discrimination against states or governors based on lack of presidential flattery," Schiff said, indicating the probe would be aimed squarely at President Trump.

Less than three months after sending to the Senate impeachment articles to remove the president from office and less than two months after the Senate trial ended in Trump's acquittal, the Pelosi-Schiff team is up and running again.

This reaction to the Chinese flu is unprecedented in the history of the United States.
Nothing like this has ever happened before.
IMO much of the action taken has been take because of the influence of the American media and their message of fear.
Having said that and having watched the actions of the Democrats (under the leadership of Pelosi and Schumer) in this country over the last 3 years, ther can be no doubt that this farce they now bring upon us with this proposal to investigate the Corona Virus is just another in their constant efforts to destroy the President.

I might add that in their efforts they are damaging our country, and creating animosity that will go on for years.

Let me just say this: While they constantly accuse the President of divisiveness only the most ignorant of morons cannot see where the true divisiveness is coming from

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We Cannot Destroy The Country For The Sake Of New York City

I had occasion this week, as the virus ground us all to a stop, to talk to a friend in Indiana. I asked, “Is this the greatest crisis the country has ever faced?” We haven’t been invaded since 1812, I pointed out, and have never been occupied. Her reply, “What crisis?” She was in her backyard, her children playing. My life was at a bizarre standstill, death all around, hers was not. Yet all across the nation I don’t have time to think about lives are being destroyed, not by virus, but by an economic disaster unknown in a century.

The entire country, experts I trust tell us, must be shut down. Businesses shuttered, many with little hope of opening again. Ten million people unemployed in two weeks. Ten million. In that world beyond that Hudson River, an economic hammer is falling faster than the virus can spread. Who can think of money at a time like this? we are told. How callous. But it’s not just money. In its own way it’s lives, it is a way of life.

Jack Kerouac — who danced and played and was educated in New York City but found his literary and intellectual fortune in the forgotten America — once said he didn’t want a living, he wanted a life. But where is the difference? What is life if not the ability to sustain it? We are embarking upon the devastation of an entire nation when it is becoming clearer and clearer that the gravest threat lies in megacities. And no city is more mega than Gotham.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So cunning is Trump’s scheme to spike his $1,000 mutual-fund position that he called India’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, this week and convinced him to lift a ban and start exporting even more generic hydroxychloroquine to the United States.

The Left simply can’t accept that a Republican acts in good faith. If they’re not hiding some devious self-serving motivation, they’re under the thumb of a foreign power or a shadowy industry. If it’s not Big Oil leading George Bush into Iraq, it’s Mitt Romney trying to hand the country to his buddies at Bain Capital.

Working from this predetermined position, reporters are sure that Trump, who they think became president to fill the rooms in his D.C. hotel, isn’t merely peddling hope for hope’s sake alone.
All of this is just fodder for the screeching partisan minions, nothing else. If there were a healthy, functioning fourth column, a piece like this would never run. Can you imagine any major publication running a piece linking Barack Obama’s praise of GM’s heavily subsidized electric-car manufacturing to a thousand bucks in a mutual fund?

Nor should it escape your attention that the New York Times will assign four reporters to write an amateurish hit job, but not a single one to mention serious rape allegations against the leading Democratic Party presidential candidate by a former staffer.

The Left’s Ugly Reaction to Hydroxychloroquine

Hijinx

Calling the ladies charges against Biden serious rape allegations is a bit overblown.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ABC Publishes Damaging Report On Trump Coronavirus Response. Military Official Refutes It.

The U.S. military responded several hours later by debunking the report, saying that the secret report that ABC News claimed exists does, in fact, not exist.

Official statement by Colonel (Dr.) R. Shane Day, Director, National Center for Medical Intelligence, Defense Intelligence Agency:

As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters. However, in the interest of transparency during the current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists.
The Defense Intelligence Agency provides “military intelligence to warfighters, defense policymakers and force planners in the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community, in support of U.S. military planning and operations and weapon systems acquisition.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/abc-...onavirus-response-military-official-shreds-it

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Other stuff has fallen by the wayside as well, like the phony weather cult. What happened to that? Wait, are you telling me that right now no one has time to be hectored by some creepy Swedish teen? But I thought we were all going to die?

Except now, a bunch of people really are at risk of dying and soon. During this pandemic, we’ve seen our scientists both do some amazing things and also screw up incredibly. You had scientists in China who gave us false information – whoa, you mean sometimes people lie about science in pursuit of a political agenda? Does noticing that make us hate science? And look at how our own scientists’ track record. Does hydroxychloroquine work or not? The science isn’t settled. Why do their infection models change every few hours? Again, unsettled science. We’re not asking for perfection, but we also should not be asked to believe in perfection. These guys can’t accurately predict what is going to happen tomorrow yet a couple months ago we were being told that we hate science because we doubted they could foresee exactly what was going to happen in a century.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...ense-is-looking-dumber-than-ever-now-n2566597

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What the Media Isn't Telling You About the United States' Coronavirus Case Numbers

When President Trump said this week that the United States had done more testing than South Korea, USA Today was quick to fact-check his claim by pointing out, "The United States population is more than six times the size of South Korea’s. On a per-capita basis, South Korea is testing far more of its citizens than the U.S." In this case, the media attempted to use a per capita comparison against Trump. CNN and MSNBC each made similar fact-checks.

On Thursday, the New York Times made a big fuss over the fact that more than 81,321 Americans have been infected with the coronavirus, which is "more cases than China, Italy or any other country has seen."

According to their report, the United States, following "a series of missteps," is now "the epicenter of the pandemic."

But, is it really?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/what-t...t-the-united-states-coronavirus-case-numbers/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
California Sheriff Insists 'This Is Not a Police State' After Vowing to Arrest People Without Masks

The Riverside County Sheriff's announcement that his deputies would roll up anyone seen without a face mask must have sent more than a few people to the dictionary to look up "police state" or "martial law."

But have no fear. Sheriff Chad Bianco assured viewers of his recorded message (see below) on this "valid order ... enforceable by fine, imprisonment, or both," that he was not establishing a police state nor has martial law had been invoked.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.
"...I need to make it perfectly clear to all residents of Riverside County. We will not be setting up any kind of police state and this is not a declaration of martial law in Riverside County. Deputies will not be stopping vehicles or setting up checkpoints for motorists. We will not be stopping you while on a walk with your kids or while you're out running or hiking. You will not be stopped and ticketed simply because you're not wearing a mask. The purpose of this order and the [Health Department] doctor's intent, is to stop or slow the spread of COVID-19."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
COVID-19 patients and those they live with aren't the only ones facing privacy-invading police hoopla right now, of course. A lot of locales are instituting coronavirus curfews, even though these make little sense beyond security theater: The virus isn't less likely to spread during daytime hours; all a curfew does is ensure everyone has less time and space in which to do socially-distanced exercise and essential errands. (Well, that and giving authorities another excuse to harass residents who do have to leave their homes at night.)

In New Orleans' Acadia Parish, authorities recently announced that anyone outside between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. will have to present a permission slip from their employer or else be given a citation. To alert citizens it's time to get inside, police in the Louisiana city of Crowley played the siren from the movie "The Purge" that signals murder and mayhem are legal all night. (They have since apologized.)

So far, we're not hearing too many stories of police overreach on curfews and stay-at-home orders. "It's in everybody's best interest to get voluntary compliance, and most of us are trying to approach it that way," Art Acevedo, president of the Major Cities Chiefs Association, recently told USA Today.

https://reason.com/2020/04/08/covid...es-are-being-put-on-police-enforced-lockdown/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Imagine learning that a third of the U.S. economy has shuttered amid a pandemic, and to address the emergency, Democrats swung into action by crafting a multitrillion-dollar bill that, among other things, mandates that any business in need of financial relief “has adopted a policy, plan, or strategy to promote racial, ethnic, and gender diversity.”

Imagine learning that tens of thousands of people have been infected with a new disease traced back to a wet, unsanitary seafood market in China, and the response from Democrats and liberals in the national media is to aggressively shame anyone who dares note the virus’s origins.

Imagine being confronted with a new, worldwide, deadly virus and that action taken by the president to contain its spread (again, where the contagion started) was labeled by the presumed Democratic presidential nominee as “xenophobic” and “racial.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...e-has-infected-democrats-coronavirus-response

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If you’re attending a church service on Easter Sunday in Kentucky, the governor has ordered authorities to take down your license plate and report you to local health departments; you will then be ordered to a 14-day quarantine.

Democrat Gov. Andy Beshear “said local officials are being directed to record license plate numbers of participants to pass to local health departments,” Kentucky.com reported Friday evening. “Those who attend these gatherings can expect public health officials to show up at their doors with mandates that they self-quarantine for 14 days, the governor said.”

“If you’re going to expose yourself to this virus, it’s not fair to everybody else out there that you might spread it to,” the Democrat said Friday. “Understand, this is the only way we can ensure your decision doesn’t kill somebody else.”

The order reportedly does not apply to drive-in services, but seemingly includes houses of worship that implement social distancing efforts and smaller services.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/demo...hurchgoers-ordering-them-to-14-day-quarantine

Agee

So! If our Democrat overlords permanently close all the churches, THEN can we put their heads on a pike?

Or will we still obediently cower in our homes and try not to draw attention to ourselves?

I'm telling you - this is a political movement, not an "epidemic".
DJ,
In my extra time, developed a couple of conspiracy theories... Consider,

• The left has been working China, since Day 1 to assist in spreading the virus worldwide. Thinking what's a few thousand deaths' of huddled masses, if we can shut-down the country, blame it on Trump and take the white house. Knowing a floundering economy at election time will elevate their chances at control.
  • The left is intentionally, stalling effective treatments being developed in an effort to extend the pain and suffering of the American people, further extending the shut-down and driving the Nation into recession.
  • The Democratic Governors have are taking the lock-down to extremes. Knowing threating anyone who breaks the rules of the lockdown gives them more power and keeping the man down.
  • The left wants this whole situation to continue throughout the Spring and Summer to inflict maximum damage to strengthen their position at election time.

Disclaimer: I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but something smells... Think about it :elaine:

You go DJ, glad I'm not the only one, realizing there are darker motives at work here. Turning off the my Tin Foil hat now...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrat Gov. Newsom: Trump Has Met ‘Every Single Direct Request That He Was Capable Of Meeting’

“Tonight, you know, obviously, you’ve had differences with the President in the past, tough words on both sides,” CNN’s Anderson Cooper said. “You’ve been able to work together, it seems, in this for the needs of your state.”

“Yeah, look, I mean … we’re involved in 68 lawsuits with the Trump administration. I’ve been on your show, I haven’t been timid. He certainly hasn’t been timid,” Newsom responded. “But I got to say this, it’s just the fact. I’d be lying to you. I’d be lying to the American people. Every single direct request that he was capable of meeting he has met. We have the U.S.N.S Mercy in California because of his direct intervention and support; 2,000 of these federal medical stations because of his direct support.”

“And so I can only speak for myself, but I have to be complimentary, otherwise I would be simply lying to you, misleading you,” Newsom continued. “And that is a wonderful thing to be able to say, and I hope that continues. But this has been a remarkable moment, or at least we’ve been able to rise above that partisanship.”

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Young Girl Plays Basketball Alone, City Takes Hoop As Part Of ‘Social Distancing’

A 12-year-old girl was playing basketball alone on a court near her family’s home when city officials arrived and removed the hoop as part of “social distancing” enforcement.

The girl’s mother, Laura Vandercook, wrote about the episode at The Federalist (where I also have a byline). She said her family lives on “a small mountain in a suburb of Little Rock, Arkansas,” which butts up against a city green space that includes a small basketball court, a court she said is “fairly ignored.”

To emphasize how much the city ignores this particular court, Vandercook said her family used their own money to purchase a net for the basketball hoop, since it was missing. Her husband also dug a drainage canal to keep it from flooding, and regularly cleaned it of debris.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Coronavirus: Police turning parts of UK into 'dystopia' after prosecuting shoppers and people driving 'due to boredom'

Police have been accused of overreaching their powers in the wake of new coronavirus legislation, after one force said it was prosecuting people for activities including driving "due to boredom" and "going to the shops" with other members of the same household.

Legal and human rights experts described Warrington Police's actions as "dystopian" after officers opted to summon people to court for supposed offences such as "returning from parties", with critics arguing the measures were not justified by the new legislation and risked harming the ongoing effort to combat the outbreak.

It comes after other forces faced criticism for using drones to monitor people out for walks in public and erecting roadblocks to stop drivers heading to tourist attractions.