Politics of Covid-19

herb749

Maryland numbers in perspective: 165,930 total positives since we began counting.
124,409 is total for PG, Mont, Bal, and AA.
The remaining 18 counties total 41,521.
St. Mary's is 1,731 and Calvert is 1,365 of that number.
Total MD population: 6,083,120

This is what I've pointed out. Place the blame for the surge on where it belongs. Stopping blaming the rule abiding for the ones who aren't.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
And Hogan is supposed to hold another presser at 2pm...
I'm pretty sure you read the posts on Larry's FB BEGGING, PLEADING, WAILING for a total shut down of the state. "Just pay these small businesses to stay closed for 30 days." or the especially dramatic, "Fine, don't wear a mask you selfish ass!" and the epitome of martyrdom, "Well. WE have decided to forgo our traditional Thanksgiving gathering and we are going to zoom dinner." (Do I need to add the 'harumpf!' ?)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm pretty sure you read the posts on Larry's FB BEGGING, PLEADING, WAILING for a total shut down of the state. "Just pay these small businesses to stay closed for 30 days." or the especially dramatic, "Fine, don't wear a mask you selfish ass!" and the epitome of martyrdom, "Well. WE have decided to forgo our traditional Thanksgiving gathering and we are going to zoom dinner." (Do I need to add the 'harumpf!' ?)
Maybe it has something to do with the gazillion new facemasks he purchased.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hijinx

Damn: What is he going to do with all that Kimchi that he had all of the mansions cooks fixing.
Nothing like traditional Kimchi and Turkey.

TPD

the poor dad

TPD

the poor dad
The thing that no one is talking about, though I heard someone ask Fat Larry today and he kinda skimmed over it, is all the extra bed capacity that the federal govt gave to all of the hospitals that have NOT been used. St. Mary's Hospital has 3 or 4 tents fully furnished and heated that the first patient has not occupied yet to the best of my knowledge. But yet we are being scared into thinking that we are running out of hospital beds. We are NOT running out of beds!! Someone posted on these forums over the weekend a chart showing additional hospital bed use by state now compared to the same period last year, and if I recall there is not a huge increase. And of course this doesn't take into account these extra tents set up at all the hospitals. Wake up people!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We're keeping our bar open past 10. Always.
Say that a little louder, and you'll have an illegal crowd. And I'll be at the head of the line.

Someone was interviewed on the news earlier, questioned how the virus knew it was 10pm and what the reasoning was to shut down early.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Less than 10 people or a protest for your dead Turkey?
I've already proven that a regular diet of Corona prevents COVID infection. So...I'm like some kind of medical research god now...a pathfinder...and ground breaker...a giant of industry...

mitzi

Say that a little louder, and you'll have an illegal crowd. And I'll be at the head of the line.

Someone was interviewed on the news earlier, questioned how the virus knew it was 10pm and what the reasoning was to shut down early.

Because people that are drinking alcohol and buzzed are most likely to brush off the social distancing and mask guidelines.