Politics of Covid-19

stgislander

PREMO Member
Is it Johnson & Johnson or Jensen & Jensen?

The SMCHD vaccination site calls the single shot version Jensen & Jensen.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The 'Random Act of Journalism' The Today Show Did That Blows Apart the COVID Panic Narrative

They noted that new cases were mostly younger folks, largely because they’re not vaccinated since they’re not considered an at-risk group, unlike Americans who are 65 years of age or older. Yet, what was not covered was that most of the cases are mild and don’t require hospitalization. That’s a good thing. NBC News committed a “random act of journalism” when they reported on this trend. They interviewed doctors in New York, a COVID mecca, and a state where cases are surging. Doctors there noted the hospitalization rates are nowhere near where they were last year (via NBC News) [emphasis mine]:

The number of cases is rising again following a steep decline and then plateauing for several weeks. During a White House Covid-19 briefing Monday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said the rise in cases — an average increase of 10 percent from the previous week — gave her a sense of "impending doom."
But doctors say that patients seeking care this time around are younger and, notably, not as sick.
In New York, where cases are rising, some Covid-19 patients still require hospitalization, but the numbers of such patients are nowhere near the "astronomical" levels from a year ago, said Dr. Frederick Davis, an associate chair of emergency medicine at Northwell Health's Long Island Jewish Hospital.
Now, Davis said, Covid-19 cases are mostly mild.
"The cases we are seeing are the younger groups that probably aren't eligible for vaccines just yet," Davis said.

Again, a good thing. These young Americans can recover at home and will have a solid base of protection while they wait for vaccination if they choose to do so. Meanwhile, over 100 million Americans have received at least one dose of the COVID vaccine, and it’s growing every day. We’re near herd immunity, and that scares these medical professionals. They want to keep us all scared so their allies on the Hill can get that COVID passport idea through.

Is there a fourth wave? No. Even Dr. Anthony Fauci said that’s probably not going to happen, so why are we panicking? Have no fear, folks. Have no fear. The panic peddling is being undercut by science. The vaccines are working, and when added with those who have acquired natural immunity—the picture is even better. The latter part is not really discussed by Fauci and his ilk, which is not offering Americans the full picture. So, the “impending doom” nonsense the CDC was peddling for days, especially around spring break was yet another time the so-called experts were wrong. CDC said fully vaccinated people could travel but then backtracked 26 hours later. Also, planes are not and have never been a source of so-called super spread.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why Vice News Stepped on a Rake With Their COVID Passport Story

“The GOP Wants to Save You From ‘Vaccine Passports’ That Mostly Don’t Exist,” reads the headline, but the article negates itself mid-way through the piece: [emphasis mine]

Conservatives have opened up the latest front in the culture war, and it’s “vaccine passports.”
On Tuesday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an executive order banning the state and local governments, as well as organizations receiving state funding, from requiring documentation of inoculation.
"Government should not require any Texan to show proof of vaccination and reveal private health information just to go about their daily lives,” Abbott said in a statement announcing the move. “We will continue to vaccinate more Texans and protect public health—and we will do so without treading on Texans' personal freedoms."
Last month, New York became the first state to roll out such a voluntary program, using an app created by IBM called Excelsior Pass, and it’s been used at NBA and NHL games in New York. Also last month, Walmart announced a plan to make the vaccine records of people inoculated at their stores available digitally.
But so far, the backlash has outpaced the project itself.
Texas is one of four states whose governors have either signed laws or announced executive orders barring these so-called “passports,” along with Florida, Idaho, and Utah. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, the first governor to weigh in, signed an executive order last week that not only bars state agencies from issuing such documents but also bans businesses from requiring customers to be vaccinated as well.
"It's completely unacceptable for either the government or the private sector to impose upon you the requirement that you show proof of vaccine to just simply be able to participate in normal society," DeSantis said at a press conference last week.

TPD

the poor dad
Something not quite kosher with the J&J jab. 4 sites in 3 days and I imagine there are more that are not being reported. If we had 8 cases of the sweet-n-sour sickness out of a group of 425 people, the MSM would be all over it calling it a super spreader event. But I don't think these 8 reactions from the vaccine are getting much coverage. I could be wrong because I haven't watched much news the last couple of days. But I would bet $1000 if Trump were still in office, any reaction to the vaccine would be getting wall to wall coverage. Every night on the news we would be hearing reports of sore arms and aching bodies. We would be seeing pictures of crying babies who haven't even gotten the shot. It would be bad!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
SCOTUS Blocks California Restriction That Limits In-Home Religious Gatherings

The Supreme Court has blocked a California restriction that limits in-home religious worship, finding the regulation violates the First Amendment.

The Associated Press reported, “the order from the court late Friday is the latest in a recent string of cases in which the high court has barred officials from enforcing some coronavirus-related restrictions applying to religious gatherings.” According to the AP, “the case before the justices involved two residents of Santa Clara County in the San Francisco Bay Area, who want to host small, in-person Bible study sessions in their homes.”

“The court ruled – again – that California’s different and worse rules for the temples of God than the temples of commerce – did not withstand strict scrutiny,” tweeted Harmeet K. Dhillon, who represented the plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

DaSDGuy

If I may ...

Again, my friend asks me, "Why do we need to get a vaccine"?

cropped-former-pfizer-chief-science-officer-says-1.jpg
US COVID fatalities as of yesterday - 561,956
Worldwide COVID fatalities - 2,920,000

Same as the flu? Not really. US Flu fatalities 34,200 for last flu season 2018-2019.

Percentages don't mean crap. They are only used to cover the facts shown by real numbers.

Louise

US COVID fatalities as of yesterday - 561,956
Worldwide COVID fatalities - 2,920,000

Same as the flu? Not really. US Flu fatalities 34,200 for last flu season 2018-2019.

Percentages don't mean crap. They are only used to cover the facts shown by real numbers.

How many flu viruses have been man made such as this Covid 19? I think that is a good question. Hopefully, we will get the answer(s).

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may .,..

US COVID fatalities as of yesterday - 561,956 Worldwide COVID fatalities - 2,920,000
Same as the flu? Not really. US Flu fatalities 34,200 for last flu season 2018-2019. Percentages don't mean crap. They are only used to cover the facts shown by real numbers.
What I'm hearing is that you, (in addition to nearly everyone else), are too lazy and lack the personal responsibility and necessary will power, to eat a healthy diet, cutting out all sugars,, cut out refined carbohydrates, cut out processed foods, all of which contribute to inflammation in the body that suppresses the immune system. And do some moderate exercise, like just simply walking everyday for 45 minutes or so, to stay healthy. Instead, you take the lazy route by looking for the quick fix, in this case, an untested, unproven, experimental gene therapy vaccine. Darwin was correct.

DaSDGuy

If I may .,..

What I'm hearing is that you, (in addition to nearly everyone else), are too lazy and lack the personal responsibility and necessary will power, to eat a healthy diet, cutting out all sugars,, cut out refined carbohydrates, cut out processed foods, all of which contribute to inflammation in the body that suppresses the immune system. And do some moderate exercise, like just simply walking everyday for 45 minutes or so, to stay healthy. Instead, you take the lazy route by looking for the quick fix, in this case, an untested, unproven, experimental gene therapy vaccine. Darwin was correct.
You are hearing your ass talking. Nothing I said implied a sunge word of you comment. You went off on another of your psychotic rants that have no basis in facts.

DaSDGuy

except for the simple Fact

COVID DEATHS ARE WAY OVER STATED
Agree with your post a lot more than the previous. What I don't agree with are percentages instead of actual numbers. I'm sick of hearing 98% will recover. 98% recovery means 2% don't. Since when is a 2% fatality rate ok? We have over 350,000,000 people in the US. If only 1/3 catch COVID that would be over 115,000,000 cases. Using his 2% fatalities are OK with him attitude we will have over 2,300,000 fatalities. All because he's afraid of a needle and can't comprehend that RNA is different than DNA.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Here's a "reliable" news website for @HGMilstead, and others. This goes along with how powerful the term "Informed Consent" really is, for those that know how to use it by saying, no to the shot. Also, I recall it was @DaSDGuy that specifically said if something bad happened to him after he got the shot, that he would "Sue" whoever he could. So again, hahahahahaha. Not.