Politics of Covid-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MIT researchers say you’re no safer from Covid indoors at 6 feet or 60 feet in new study challenging social distancing policies

• An MIT study showed that people who maintain 60 feet of distance from others indoors are no more protected than if they socially distanced by just 6 feet.
  • According to the researchers, other calculations of the risk of indoor transmission have omitted too many factors to accurately quantify that risk.
  • “We need scientific information conveyed to the public in a way that is not just fear mongering but is actually based in analysis,” the author of the study said.

MIT professors Martin Z. Bazant, who teaches chemical engineering and applied mathematics, and John W.M. Bush, who teaches applied mathematics, developed a method of calculating exposure risk to Covid-19 in an indoor setting that factors in a variety of issues that could affect transmission, including the amount of time spent inside, air filtration and circulation, immunization, variant strains, mask use, and even respiratory activity such as breathing, eating, speaking or singing.

Bazant and Bush question long-held Covid-19 guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization in a peer-reviewed study published earlier this week in Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America.

“We argue there really isn’t much of a benefit to the 6-foot rule, especially when people are wearing masks,” Bazant said in an interview. “It really has no physical basis because the air a person is breathing while wearing a mask tends to rise and comes down elsewhere in the room so you’re more exposed to the average background than you are to a person at a distance.”

The important variable the CDC and the WHO have overlooked is the amount of time spent indoors, Bazant said. The longer someone is inside with an infected person, the greater the chance of transmission, he said.

Opening windows or installing new fans to keep the air moving could also be just as effective or more effective than spending large amounts of money on a new filtration system, he said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just How Much COVID-19-Related Information Has Been Censored and Why?

In short, both the FDA and the WHO say PCR assays are not diagnostic. Yet, that is how the United States is using them, and we have locked down states, schools, and small businesses because of “cases,” which are simply positive tests that have wide variability. Most of the tests are not done in a medical provider’s office where a doctor can evaluate them for the Ct against the patient’s clinical presentation, history, contacts, and community prevalence information. Most people I know got their results from an app without ever seeing a doctor who had their test results in hand. However, if I published this for public consumption, it would run the risk of censorship.

All of this really hit home when I attempted to watch an interview with Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a well-regarded doctor, professor, and health policy expert at Stanford University. He advised Governor Ron DeSantis on Florida’s COVID-19 response. However, his perspective on the national response to COVID-19 directly opposes the health bureaucracy’s approach. YouTube removed DeSantis’s panel with Bhattacharya and several other advisors. The platform’s justification was that the committee put out “misinformation.”

When I tried to watch the latest interview with him, I could only see the first ten minutes. An acquaintance of mine from The Epoch Times named Jan Jekielek conducts in-depth, thoughtful interviews for a series called American Thought Leaders. The Show’s YouTube channel was demonetized a few weeks ago, and rather than risk another strike related to COVID-19 information, the entire interview is now behind a paywall.

TPD

the poor dad
All of this really hit home when I attempted to watch an interview with Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a well-regarded doctor, professor, and health policy expert at Stanford University. He advised Governor Ron DeSantis on Florida’s COVID-19 response. However, his perspective on the national response to COVID-19 directly opposes the health bureaucracy’s approach. YouTube removed DeSantis’s panel with Bhattacharya and several other advisors. The platform’s justification was that the committee put out “misinformation.”

Dr. Bhattacharya - this is the guy who presented testimony on my behalf to the court in my case with Dr. Brewster, in which I won, mostly. I've seen him referenced in many covid articles. He is the man!

TPD

the poor dad
MIT researchers say you’re no safer from Covid indoors at 6 feet or 60 feet in new study challenging social distancing policies

• An MIT study showed that people who maintain 60 feet of distance from others indoors are no more protected than if they socially distanced by just 6 feet.
  • According to the researchers, other calculations of the risk of indoor transmission have omitted too many factors to accurately quantify that risk.
  • “We need scientific information conveyed to the public in a way that is not just fear mongering but is actually based in analysis,” the author of the study said.

I should post this study in my business. I just took a peak at my cameras and yup - the customers are still scared - 6' apart!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
@LightRoasted has been posting about vitamin D for the last 6-9 months. The video rose posted above talks about that very same thing. It makes sense so that is why our government officials don't talk about it - they want to keep us in fear forever.
I haven't been sick since NOV2019. I don't even take vitamins.

Reactions: TPD

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Not sure if its that or are afraid of being yelled at.
I was in the grocery store recently, and ran into an older gentleman I hadn't seen in years. Gave him a hug and we had a lovely 20 minute chat. As we were getting ready to part, he said, "You know, that was the first hug I've had since this business started".

At first I felt bad, afraid I had offended him. I never asked if I could hug him, it had been so long since I'd seen him, I never stopped to think about it.

But, he was smiling, so I hope he was ok with it.

This lock-down has been hard on us huggers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
India’s Health Care System In ‘Total Collapse’ As COVID Surge ‘Ravages’ Country

“The U.S. is deeply concerned by the severe COVID outbreak in India. We are working around the clock to deploy more supplies and support to our friends and partners in India as they bravely battle this pandemic. More very soon,” Sullivan tweeted.

It is not clear whether the Biden administration has yet decided to send COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine supplies to the ailing country, according to The New York Times, even though it is under increased pressure from the international community to ship doses of the lifesaving shot.

“We’re looking at what is going to be done with some of the vaccines that we are not using,” President Joe Biden said on Wednesday when asked about the possibility of sending doses of the briefly-paused Johnson & Johnson vaccine to India. “We’ve got to make sure they are safe to be sent.”

Indian politicians responded by suggesting that the United States’ reluctance to contribute vaccines to the global fight against COVID-19 was a form of “elitism” that spelled doom for its leadership on the world stage.

“By stockpiling vaccines & blocking the export of crucial raw materials needed for vaccine production, the United States is undermining the strategic Indo-US partnership,” one Indian politician told The New York Times.

Others said the United States’ lack of assistance undermined trust in how the Biden administration might tackle other global issues, like climate change.

“This is pathetic. Is this what the US’ ‘leadership’ in the climate crisis will look like?” India’s “climate czar” said last week.

herb749

India’s Health Care System In ‘Total Collapse’ As COVID Surge ‘Ravages’ Country

“The U.S. is deeply concerned by the severe COVID outbreak in India. We are working around the clock to deploy more supplies and support to our friends and partners in India as they bravely battle this pandemic. More very soon,” Sullivan tweeted.

It is not clear whether the Biden administration has yet decided to send COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine supplies to the ailing country, according to The New York Times, even though it is under increased pressure from the international community to ship doses of the lifesaving shot.

“We’re looking at what is going to be done with some of the vaccines that we are not using,” President Joe Biden said on Wednesday when asked about the possibility of sending doses of the briefly-paused Johnson & Johnson vaccine to India. “We’ve got to make sure they are safe to be sent.”

Indian politicians responded by suggesting that the United States’ reluctance to contribute vaccines to the global fight against COVID-19 was a form of “elitism” that spelled doom for its leadership on the world stage.

“By stockpiling vaccines & blocking the export of crucial raw materials needed for vaccine production, the United States is undermining the strategic Indo-US partnership,” one Indian politician told The New York Times.

Others said the United States’ lack of assistance undermined trust in how the Biden administration might tackle other global issues, like climate change.

“This is pathetic. Is this what the US’ ‘leadership’ in the climate crisis will look like?” India’s “climate czar” said last week.

Its the Defense Production Act (DPA) that's not allowing them to ship them out. Trump started it and Biden has continued it. But you know shortly Biden will change it and the media will say its Trump's fault.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Its the Defense Production Act (DPA) that's not allowing them to ship them out. Trump started it and Biden has continued it. But you know shortly Biden will change it and the media will say its Trump's fault.

From what I am reading the US has capped out at 200 million jabs .... most everyone that wanted one has gotten one, so lets start shipping mass quantities over seas

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

@LightRoasted has been posting about vitamin D for the last 6-9 months. The video rose posted above talks about that very same thing. It makes sense so that is why our government officials don't talk about it - they want to keep us in fear forever.
And some more ...

This is posted on the National Institutes of Health from 2010:
Isn't it ironic they called it an, Epidemic 11 years ago? I guess the problem miraculously fixed itself over those 11 years from all the Public Service Announcements from The Ad Council, health advise from governments at all levels, brochures mailed to people from every local health department, doctors offices walls filled with nicely framed posters exhorting the benefits of Vitamin D in their waiting rooms, and doctors having always asking their patients if they ever had their blood checked for Vitamin D levels, or writing prescriptions for Vitamin D? Yup, that must have taken care of that epidemic.
a49014756c8921dc2cca8f5f52537c7c9143a29ade1ef9671ff4ac37538a3927.jpg

Crazy thing about the link below, juxtaposed with this ... At least 458 physicians have signed a letter to have Dr. David Fowler's past opinions looked at calling for investigations into Fowler's medical license because of his testimony in the Floyd case. Of course lead by the, sticking-his-nose-in-other-State's-business, none other than Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh. And yet, try to find any of worth articles in the MSM about the immune benefits of Vitamin D versus Covid, or any other sickness or illness prevention.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Texas, Florida Report Fewer New COVID Cases Than Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York

I don’t know, President Joe Biden. Maybe we should go with the “neanderthal thinking” when it comes to COVID restrictions.

The left lost their minds when Texas Gov. Greg Abbott eliminated the state mask mandate. They still hate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Yet, those states have been recording fewer cases than Democrat-led Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New York.

Michigan has seen an uptick in COVID cases. Officials begged for vaccines, but CDC Director Rochelle Walensky told them to shut down the state again.

It’s not like Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has loosened her grip on the citizens. Pennsylvania and New York officials continue their assault on freedoms as well. It’s not working:

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Michigan has faced worst-in-the-nation COVID-19 positivity rates in recent weeks. The state reported 390.2 cases of the virus per 100,000 in the last seven days. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has laid blame on spring break travelers going to Florida, urged residents returning from the Sunshine State to work from home for a week or have their children learn remotely for a week.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Far From Immune To The Never-Ending COVID Regime, Red States Are A Ripe Target — Unless Their Governors Act Now

A plastic recycler in Louisville, Kentucky. A guide at a hiking camp in Alaska. A waitress at a restaurant in Houston, Texas.

What do these companies have in common, besides being featured in a Monday Wall Street Journal story? Two things, both of which should worry anyone skeptical of injecting a novel vaccine with little-to-no long-term testing for possibly serious negative effects.

For one, all three of these businesses require all of their employees to submit to the novel vaccinations, although a lot of companies and schools are doing that these days. On Monday, for example, the Democrat attorney general of Virginia gave private schools the all-clear to demand their mostly teenaged students — a group toward which COVID-19 is virtually non-threatening — get the vaccines, despite nearly zero understanding of its effects on, say, future fertility. They’ll join over 30 colleges and universities nationwide, including a number of allegedly Catholic schools, that have made the same demand of students and prospective students.

The second thing these three companies have in common — and one worth fighting over — is all three are in states where Republican governors have promised the government will not be issuing any kind of state vaccine passports or requiring vaccination for access to government services. Many of these state executives don’t believe that vaccine passports coming to their states through private business are a threat to liberty, and believe they have neither the authority to restrict businesses and institutions from enforcing mandates, nor the moral duty to protect students, machinists, camp guides, waiters, and the rest of us from business mandates.