Politics of Covid-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Is the pandemic over in the U.S.?

Just a thought occasioned by the fact that the United States recorded 13,541 cases yesterday, the lowest single-day number — by far — since the virus started rolling last March. The best we’d managed since April 1, 2020 was one day last June when cases slipped under 19,000 briefly as the country enjoyed a summer respite from its terrible first wave. But testing was still sparse back then. There were probably many infections going undetected.

Last June was also the last time we saw a seven-day average in daily cases of 25,000 or lower, again with lower testing. Right now we’re at 25,083.
Is this it? The imminent demise of COVID?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-24-at-12.29.44-PM.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Here's the Most Interesting Thing in the CDC Data About Post-Vaccine COVID Breakthrough Infections

What can I say? I enjoy being vindicated. And I would like to thank Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Director Rachel Walensky for making me feel as if I am. Earlier this week, I wrote about a study that demonstrated that prepositions matter when discussing hospitalizations for COVID-19 among children. There is a difference between getting hospitalized with COVID-19 and getting hospitalized for COVID-19 in the hospitals studied. Reported data does not capture this crucial distinction, which likely applies to hospitalizations of children and adults nationwide, given the testing protocols and reimbursement incentives.

I have been railing against the context-less reporting of death counts since the beginning of the pandemic. While writing for another outlet, I noted the bizarre instructions issued by the National Center for Health Statistics after CNN reporter Jim Acosta called any questioning of the counts a conspiracy theory. If Acosta is attacking an idea, there is almost certainly some truth to it. As testing protocols blossomed to the point where every inpatient received one, and the number of asymptomatic individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 became clear, there was even more reason to question the counts.

Then in December, two Minnesota lawmakers said that deaths in their state could have been inflated by as much as 40%. They reviewed thousands of death certificates, and concluded that something was off:
State Rep. Mary Franson and state Sen. Scott Jensen released a video last week revealing that after reviewing thousands of death certificates in the state, 40% did not have COVID-19 as the underlying cause of death.
“I have other examples where COVID isn’t the underlying cause of death, where we have a fall. Another example is we have a freshwater drowning. We have dementia. We have a stroke and multiorgan failure,” Franson said in the video.
She added that in one case, a person who was ejected from a car was “counted as a COVID death” because the virus was in his system.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gov. Gavin Newsom No Longer Allowed To Restrict Houses Of Worship, Ordered To Pay $1.35M Settlement To Church Over Lockdown

Democratic California Governor Gavin Newsom was ordered by a federal judge to pay a $1.35 million settlement to a Los Angeles-area church in his capacity as governor because of the state’s onerous lockdown rules against houses of worship.

In addition to paying Harvest Rock Church of Pasadena, California, U.S. District Court Judge Jesus G. Bernal also ruled that state restrictions on houses of worship would be permitted only if child infections rose 100%, statewide cases are at least 26 per 100,000 people, or available ICU hospital bed capacity falls below 20%, according to the Washington Examiner.

“Any new public health precautions on religious worship services and gatherings at places of worship not in the guidance [are included],” Bernal ruled.

The ruling marks the first statewide permanent injunction against COVID-19 restrictions on houses of worship in the country.
Mat Staver, who is founder of the nonprofit law firm Liberty Counsel, which represented Harvest Rock Church, described Newsom as “the worst governor in America” when it comes to religious liberty.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The herd immunity threshold.

The herd immunity threshold can be computed using a somewhat artificial number R0 — the basic reproduction number. Details of the definition, how it’s computed, and why it’s a bit artificial are below, but the main use of R0 is that the herd immunity threshold is reached when 1-(1/R0) of a population is immune. (It’s usually expressed as a percentage, so multiply that number by 100.)

The best estimates of the R0 for SARS-CoV-2 now put it between 2 and 3, and seem to average around 2.6 (but your mileage may vary, and those numbers are recomputed regularly.)

What this means is that herd immunity will be reached for COVID when the proportion of people who are immune is somewhere between 50 and 67 percent, with the average estimate being around 62 percent. (And don’t forget that both people who have been vaccinated and people who have had COVID and recovered are very probably immune. No matter what famous TV immunologist Stephen Colbert says.)

In today’s news, CBS reports that half of American adults have been vaccinated. The CDC reports that nearly two-thirds of Americans have had at least one vaccination shot, which conveys at least partial immunity, and there have been roughly 33 million reported cases. Total that up against 330 million people, and that comes out in the close neighborhood of 50 percent of the U.S. population should now be immune.
In other words, the U.S. has very probably passed the herd immunity threshold.

That doesn’t mean that if you haven’t had it or been vaccinated you can ignore it. You’re less likely to get it now, but there’s still a real chance you will.
But if we’ve reached herd immunity, then we expect the number of new cases to fall, and in fact (CDC again) the number of new COVID cases in the U.S. is dropping rapidly.

In other words, the epidemic is over.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘If Tom Cotton Is Saying Something, It Can’t Be True’: NYT Writer Admits Media Dismissed Claim Of Wuhan Virus Origin Because Cotton Said It

New York Times writer David Leonhardt appeared on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” where host Brian Stelter asked, “This week … you wrote about the lab leak theory, and how the conversation about this possible COVID escaping the Wuhan lab theory has been re-evaluated. It’s been reckoned with all of a sudden. What happened this week? Why is this back in the news?”

“Well, so, it’s pretty clear that we don’t know how COVID started,” Leonhardt answered. “Many people think the most likely explanation is that it jumped from an animal to a human being at a food market in Wuhan, China. That is certainly plausible. But it’s also plausible that, with some research at a top virology lab in Wuhan, China, it somehow escaped from there. We don’t know the answer. And what happened was a bunch of people started arguing that it likely escaped from this lab in Wuhan. And some of them were scientists who you’ve never heard of, necessarily, and who made serious arguments. But some of them were conservative politicians like Senator Tom Cotton. And after Cotton started doing it, Donald Trump, when he was president, started doing it.”

“And I think people made this mistake,” Leonhardt admitted. “I think a lot of people on the political left and a lot of people in the media made this mistake. They said, ‘Well, if Tom Cotton is saying something, it can’t be true,’ they assumed that. And that’s not right.”

HGMilstead

The herd immunity threshold.

The herd immunity threshold can be computed using a somewhat artificial number R0 — the basic reproduction number. Details of the definition, how it’s computed, and why it’s a bit artificial are below, but the main use of R0 is that the herd immunity threshold is reached when 1-(1/R0) of a population is immune. (It’s usually expressed as a percentage, so multiply that number by 100.)

The best estimates of the R0 for SARS-CoV-2 now put it between 2 and 3, and seem to average around 2.6 (but your mileage may vary, and those numbers are recomputed regularly.)

What this means is that herd immunity will be reached for COVID when the proportion of people who are immune is somewhere between 50 and 67 percent, with the average estimate being around 62 percent. (And don’t forget that both people who have been vaccinated and people who have had COVID and recovered are very probably immune. No matter what famous TV immunologist Stephen Colbert says.)

In today’s news, CBS reports that half of American adults have been vaccinated. The CDC reports that nearly two-thirds of Americans have had at least one vaccination shot, which conveys at least partial immunity, and there have been roughly 33 million reported cases. Total that up against 330 million people, and that comes out in the close neighborhood of 50 percent of the U.S. population should now be immune.
In other words, the U.S. has very probably passed the herd immunity threshold.

That doesn’t mean that if you haven’t had it or been vaccinated you can ignore it. You’re less likely to get it now, but there’s still a real chance you will.
But if we’ve reached herd immunity, then we expect the number of new cases to fall, and in fact (CDC again) the number of new COVID cases in the U.S. is dropping rapidly.

In other words, the epidemic is over.

I am shocked you’re quoting a source that itself quotes liars like the CDC and cBS news. Get better sources.

Tech

I am shocked you’re quoting a source that itself quotes liars like the CDC and cBS news. Get better sources.
I don't believe the number for herd immunity of the Fauci was ever established. I always called it the Wuhan but since he bought and paid for it. It was always an unknown, always challenging.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Is the pandemic over in the U.S.?
Just a thought occasioned by the fact that the United States recorded 13,541 cases yesterday, the lowest single-day number — by far — since the virus started rolling last March. The best we’d managed since April 1, 2020 was one day last June when cases slipped under 19,000 briefly as the country enjoyed a summer respite from its terrible first wave. But testing was still sparse back then. There were probably many infections going undetected.

Last June was also the last time we saw a seven-day average in daily cases of 25,000 or lower, again with lower testing. Right now we’re at 25,083.
Is this it? The imminent demise of COVID?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-24-at-12.29.44-PM.png
Fixed @GURPS graph for the unknowing. This is a graph that shows nature's way of dealing with humans. Notice the increase of illnesses during the winter months. (This happens every year). Arrows are approximate time stamps. It is Vitamin D that is synthesized in the exposed skin of humans when UVB light is absorbed. Absent UVB rays, foods containing Vitamin D are needed to maintain proper levels for good health.

Vitamin D is the most powerful immune system hormone/vitamin, that helps fight off all of our body's invaders that cause illness. Not some concocted lab serum. Anyone wanting to stay healthy, especially in the winter months, would be wise to eat a healthy diet supplemented with Cod Liver Oil, and other foods that provide Vitamin D.

This is science fact.

Hijinx

The U.S. Arming for war? Come on that's a joke.
Biden is destroying the military with homosexuals and transgenders, budget cuts and stupid moves.
Hardly arming up for war, which is really what he should be doing with China actually arming up to take the whole of the area around their country including Japan.
Building Islands, Aircraft carriers and multiple more new Nuclear Missiles.
And these are only the indications we know about.

And they are doing it with our money we send to them by buying their products.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
High-Ranking Chinese Defector Working With DIA Has 'Direct Knowledge' of China's Bioweapons Program—and It's Very Bad

In an exclusive story at RedState, Jen Van Laar reports that sources inside the intelligence community say a high-ranking defector from China has been working for months with the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). According to Van Laar’s confidential sources, that high-ranking defector claims to have knowledge of special weapons programs in China—that include bioweapons.

Adam Housley first reported via Twitter on Thursday that “the increased pressure on China in recent days is due to a defector with intimate knowledge” of the program. According to Housley, FBI director Christopher Wray “didn’t know right away because they wanted to make sure they got all they needed before telling him.”

In fact, Wray was “ambushed” with the information, according to Van Laar’s sources, as was the CIA. “Sources say DIA leadership kept the defector within their Clandestine Services network to prevent Langley and the State Department from accessing the person, whose existence was kept from other agencies because DIA leadership believes there are Chinese spies or sources inside the FBI, CIA, and several other federal agencies,” according to the report.

Why was the defector so important that he had to be kept under wraps?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A woman with HIV had the coronavirus for 216 days. The virus mutated at least 30 times inside her.

The woman, who has not been named, was identified as a 36-year-old living in South Africa.
The coronaviruses gathered 13 mutations to the spike protein, which is known to help the virus escape the immune response, and 19 other mutations that could change the behavior of the virus.
It is not clear whether the mutations she carried were passed on to others, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Some of these mutations have been seen in variants of concern, such as:
  • The E484K mutation, which is part of the Alpha variant (B.1.1.7, which was first seen in the UK).
  • The N510Y mutation, which is part of the Beta variant (B.1.351, which was first seen in South Africa).
If more such cases are found, it raises the prospect that HIV infection could be a source of new variants simply because the patients could carry the virus for longer, Tulio de Oliveira, a geneticist at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in Durban and the study's author, told the LA Times.

I see a plot for a Dystopian Novel .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Governor Newsom Reneges on Promise to Surrender His Emergency COVID-19 Powers

The people’s confusion is warranted. California has the lowest COVID-19 infection rate of any state and hospitalizations are near record lows. So why maintain restrictions when even Illinois is lifting all remaining pandemic rules on June 10?

Newsom’s reluctance to cede his authority may have something to do with the near-dictatorial powers granted under the California Constitution during a public health emergency.
Los Angeles Times:
Though the California Constitution gives the power to create laws only to the Legislature, a state appeals court ruled just last month that the 1970 California Emergency Services Act grants the governor the power to change state law during a crisis.
The three-judge panel of the Sacramento-based 3rd District Court of Appeal said the Emergency Services Act is constitutional because it provides only temporary powers and contains “an important safeguard.” The court said that safeguard was a requirement that the governor, or the Legislature, proclaim an end to the emergency at the earliest possible date.

“If Newsom believes the state is safe enough to reopen, then it’s safe for people to be able to make decisions for themselves without his arbitrary and capricious rules,” California Senate Republican leader Scott Wilk said in a statement Friday. “I believe it is time for him to hang up his crown and restore our democracy.”

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Here are the unspoken politics of the covid vaccine. Charts include reporting for all vaccine prior to the covid solution.

2021.06.03-12.40-revolvernews-60b825142c0d1.png

2021.06.03-12.41-revolvernews-60b8254357e54.png

Hijinx

Not one of them will be prosecuted for these deaths.
Faucii almost single handed ly got Biden elected, by destroying the Trump economy.

Last edited: