Politics of Covid-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Johns Hopkins Doctor Blasts Delta Variant 'Fearmongering,' Calls More Masking 'Overkill'

You're gonna hear a lot of fearmongering about the Delta variant, so let me break it down. It is about 40 to 60% more transmissible, but no evidence that it's more deadly. We were told the B117 mutation was more deadly, and the research came in showing that it's not. But because it is more contagious, we're seeing those who are not immune, primarily the young, see more cases.

We're also testing too many people who already have immunity. That's in violation of the CDC guidelines. Nursing homes, hospitals are testing people already immune with no symptoms, and that's what's driving up some of those case numbers that look like Delta hospitalizations. So, we're not going to see a surge in cases, but we’re probably going to see a surge in PCR tests among those asymptomatic, with colonized Delta strain in their nose, but they are not transmissible and they are not sick from the illness.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hecker interviewed several of his patients for the piece. One, a urologist from a hospital on the other side of Texas, was airlifted (at his own request) to Dr. Varon. He described how thankful he was to have gone from desperate and dying, with nearly no lung capacity, to healthy. He was clearly quite robust, despite his COVID experience. He says his improvement began “within hours” of starting the protocol.

Dr. Varon clearly states that “there’s no reason for patients to die. We have options, we just have to make those options available.”
7_201_9.gif

Hecker also speaks with Dr. Pierre Kory, who co-authored a peer-reviewed study on Ivermectin with Dr. Varon. He states without equivocation that, if patients receive Ivermectin early in the course of the virus, Ivermectin alone is effective as a treatment. He testified in the Senate about it, too.

[clip]

If you skip to 16:43 in the interview, you get to the crux of the matter. Hecker explains, there, why was this information was omitted from 1639 of the 1640 interviews Varon has given. It’s simple: “If there was a successful treatment protocol for COVID, by law the emergency use authorization for the vaccines would be disallowed.”

Think about that: To obtain emergency use authorization for the vaccine, there couldn’t be an effective treatment for COVID. This basically means the vaccine would have been delayed by more trials. Or, of course, the rules could have been changed, so that you could treat people effectively and allow the vaccine authorization.

I’ve questioned this lack of early treatment, and the denial of life-saving drugs, every time I’ve written on this subject. (If you look at my archives on American Thinker, there are a good half-dozen articles going back to January about this.) Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine are old drugs, no longer on patent. You can successfully treat people using them, in combination with other vitamins, etc., without breaking the bank.

What’s been taken from all of us is the opportunity to make an informed choice. These few facts would have changed the course of the pandemic. Far fewer people would be dead. Dread wouldn’t hang over us.

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY

Hijinx

Trump said a long time ago that other medicines worked and they condemned him for it.

Follow the science my ass. If they had followed the science a lot of people would still be alive.
They followed the money. Lock Faucci up and toss the key in the trash,

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Michigan’s Auditor General Looking Into Data Accuracy Regarding Coronavirus Nursing Home Deaths: Report

“We received your June 10, 2021, request to provide a comprehensive study of reported and unreported deaths in long-term care facilities in Michigan. I am writing to notify you we intend to act upon your request,” Ringler wrote. “We will be working with various departments’ databases to address your concerns, which will impact the timing of our work. A preliminary estimate of our completion is late-September to mid-October. We plan to report the results to you in a question and answer format; therefore, please contact us if you have additional questions.”

The letter came in response to Johnson requesting in a letter that a “comprehensive study of reported and unreported deaths in long-term care facilities” be completed after questions arose about the accuracy of the data.

The letter added:

In our recent House Oversight Committee hearing, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Director Hertel admitted that because not all types of facilities are required to report deaths, not all have done so. The number of long-term care facility deaths is likely higher than what is being reported.

Additionally, not all long-term care facilities are required to report their deaths to the state. This includes homes for the aged and adult foster care facilities as well as smaller (12 or less residents) facilities. As we emerge from the pandemic, it is crucial we have accurate data so we can properly assess the effectiveness of our COVID-19 response and be better prepared for future pandemics.

Hijinx

I am working on a fiber glass boat and doing some sanding. I tried wearing one of the masks Biden and his boys want us to wear and it was terrible, I was breathing fiber glass particles. I went and got myself a respirator.
Now this fiber glass particulate is about 1,000 times the size of the Corona Virus and the mask doesn't stop it.
So why would any fools think it would stop the virus.
Hell, It wouldn't even slow it down.

Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Admin: We’re ‘Flagging Problematic Posts’ For Social Media Platforms, Tracking Vaccine ‘Misinformation’

“This is a big issue of misinformation, specifically on the pandemic. In terms of actions, Alex, that we have taken or we’re working to take I should say from the federal government, we’ve increased disinformation research and tracking within the Surgeon General’s office,” Psaki said.

“We’re flagging problematic posts for Facebook that spread disinformation. We’re working with doctors and medical professionals to connect to connected medical experts … who are popular with their audiences with accurate information and boost trusted content. So we’re helping get trusted content out there.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Surgeon General Calls On Big Tech To Impose ‘Consequences’ For Violating ‘Platform Policies,’ ‘Proactively’ Provide Info From ‘Credible Sources’ To Fight ‘Health Misinformation’

The full list of “suggestions” are as follows:

• Assess the benefits and harms of products and platforms and take responsibility for addressing the harms. In particular, make meaningful long-term investments to address misinformation, including product changes. Redesign recommendation algorithms to avoid amplifying misinformation, build in “frictions”— such as suggestions and warnings—to reduce the sharing of misinformation, and make it easier for users to report misinformation.
  • Give researchers access to useful data to properly analyze the spread and impact of misinformation. Researchers need data on what people see and hear, not just what they engage with, and what content is moderated (e.g., labeled, removed, downranked), including data on automated accounts that spread misinformation. To protect user privacy, data can be anonymized and provided with user consent.
  • Strengthen the monitoring of misinformation. Platforms should increase staffing of multilingual content moderation teams and improve the effectiveness of machine learning algorithms in languages other than English since non-English-language misinformation continues to proliferate. Platforms should also address misinformation in live streams, which are more difficult to moderate due to their temporary nature and use of audio and video.
  • Prioritize early detection of misinformation “super-spreaders” and repeat offenders. Impose clear consequences for accounts that repeatedly violate platform policies.
  • Evaluate the effectiveness of internal policies and practices in addressing misinformation and be transparent with findings. Publish standardized measures of how often users are exposed to misinformation and through what channels, what kinds of misinformation are most prevalent, and what share of misinformation is addressed in a timely manner. Communicate why certain content is flagged, removed, downranked, or left alone. Work to understand potential unintended consequences of content moderation, such as migration of users to less-moderated platforms.
  • Proactively address information deficits. An information deficit occurs when there is high public interest in a topic but limited quality information available. Provide information from trusted and credible sources to prevent misconceptions from taking hold.
  • Amplify communications from trusted messengers and subject matter experts. For example, work with health and medical professionals to reach target audiences. Direct users to a broader range of credible sources, including community organizations. It can be particularly helpful to connect people to local trusted leaders who provide accurate information.
  • Prioritize protecting health professionals, journalists, and others from online harassment, including harassment resulting from people believing in misinformation.

TPD

the poor dad
Just read this on NPR about the surgeon generals comments on covid misinformation. Our government is doing all they can to stop the flow of any information they don't like.

This was the part that caught my eye:
In some cases, he says, the simplest way to stop the spread is to not share something questionable you read online: "If you're not sure, not sharing is often the prudent thing to do."

Who is the judge of questionable? How do problems get solved if all the information is not presented - right or wrong? This man is insane, like the rest of the libtards.