Politics of The Mask

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nurses Union to CDC: Bring Back the Mask Mandate

Well, I guess we should have expected this to happen with the Delta variant. The nation’s largest registered nurses’ union is calling on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to reinstate the mask mandate to curb the spread of coronavirus. They already were against the loosening of regulations concerning the vaccinated. They say their call to reinstate the mask protocols is based on science, and that no vaccine is 100 percent effective. They can go shove it (via The Hill):

The National Nurses Union (NNU) in a Monday letter to CDC Director Rochelle Walensky requested that the agency reinstitute guidelines for all people to wear masks in public and in close proximity to those outside their household.
NNU Executive Director Bonnie Castillo pointed to a 16 percent uptick in U.S. COVID-19 cases from last week, according to CDC data, as well as rises in case counts in more than 40 states and hospitalizations in more than 25 states as reasons to return to previous, stricter guidelines.
Oh, go to hell, lady. We’re done with all this stuff. The pandemic is over. Sorry, but states are loosening regulations and we’re not going back. All three vaccines are effective against the Delta variant. And the masks that you have fetishized don’t curb the spread of COVID. Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted that store-bought masks do nothing to stop the spread so can we please stop the science fiction. Also, following the advice of the China-infested WHO as well?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...created-covid-n2592424?utm_campaign=inarticle

Hijinx

Mask do no0thing to stop Covid. They don't even stop dust.
About the only thing they are good for is cutting the grass and not breathing the dried grass or bugs.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Anthony Fauci Is Wrong About the Need for 3-Year-Olds To Wear Masks

Fauci expressed concern that unvaccinated, unmasked kids could contract the disease and spread it to adults who might be at greater risk of negative health outcomes.

But this is rapidly becoming an unpersuasive reason to require masks, given that all American adults who want to get a vaccine are basically able to do so, and 90 percent of the most vulnerable population—seniors—are already vaccinated. In other words, it's increasingly unlikely that a sick child would spread COVID-19 to someone who would be in serious danger of dying from it, unless this hypothetical person obstinately refused to take the vaccine. And in that case, it doesn't seem fair to continue to require children—who are not themselves particularly vulnerable to COVID-19—to continue masking up.

Make no mistake: Unvaccinated children have as much natural protection from COVID-19 as vaccinated seniors do, according to Brown University economist Emily Oster, who writes that parents shouldn't be so quick to abandon their summer plans due to the delta variant.

"Twice a close-to-zero risk is still close to zero," notes Oster.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Masks Are Back in L.A. County Because Libs Are Really Anti-Vaxxers, Too

While it’s true that polls are even bigger garbage than the mainstream media, this illustrates the lengths to which the Left will go to blame Republicans for everything bad about COVID-19.

If any serious spikes in COVID cases led to a return of mask mandates, surely that would happen in a place that’s loaded with conservatives, right?

Yeah…no.

ABC7NY:

LOS ANGELES — A rapid and sustained increase in COVID-19 cases in the nation’s largest county requires restoring an indoor mask mandate even when people are vaccinated, Los Angeles County’s public health officer said Thursday.
L.A. County Health Officer, Dr. Muntu Davis said at a virtual press conference that a public health order requiring masks indoors will go into effect Saturday.

I lived in Los Angeles County for almost 25 years. I’ve only been gone three years but I’m sure that the demographics haven’t changed. If memory serves me well — and it usually does — Los Angeles County is positively reeking with a Democratic majority. Almost three-quarters of the registered voters there are Democrats and, trust me, the majority of those who aren’t registered are also libs.

What in the world could be the problem? Surely a county with just under ten million people that’s predominantly liberal doesn’t have a vaccination problem.

Um…
Davis said the county is “not where we need to be” in terms of vaccinations against the virus, as evidenced by seven straight days of new cases numbers that topped 1,000. On Thursday, the county reported 1,537 new infections, the highest number since early March.
Asked what additional restrictions health officials might take if the rise in COVID-19 cases worsens, Davis said: “Everything is on the table.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Existence of Vaccines Weakens the Justification for Mask Mandates

We know the vaccines used in the U.S. are highly effective. We know that people who are vaccinated hardly ever get COVID-19, and on the off chance they do, they don’t get sick enough to require hospitalization and aren’t at risk of death. We know the vaccines are effective against variants. As for vaccine side effects, just look around. Jim Geraghty put it well a few days ago: “More than 159 million Americans are fully vaccinated, more than 184 million Americans have at least one shot. Nobody’s growing a third eyeball.”

Vaccines solve the problems that mask mandates were created to mitigate. The negative externalities argument goes away because vaccination is a freely available individual defense against the potential costs of other people’s behavior. People who don’t get vaccinated are putting themselves at risk for being infected, and people who are vaccinated are unaffected by their decision. The precautionary principle argument is gone because the uncertainty about how to stop spread of the virus is gone. The solution is vaccines, and we know it.

Vaccines have been available to every American adult for free since the middle of April (and we know that the risk the virus poses to children is vanishingly small). If people have not been vaccinated yet, that’s their decision. They know they have a chance at catching the virus, and they’re fine with that. Vaccines allow for the individualized approach to virus mitigation that was impossible before they were invented. Society-wide measures like mask mandates are leftovers from the pre-vaccine period, when we knew less and were genuinely defenseless against an easily transmissible virus. Those conditions no longer hold, thank goodness.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

For those that think you're gonna get compensation from injury, illness, or death, due to the experimental vaccine, and since the pharmaceuticals are exempt from all liability, that leaves only the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP).

And for the past 11 years, from 2010 through 7/1/2021, the total number of CICP claims filed: 1,657. And of those claims, over the past 11 years, only 29 claims were compensated. So good luck if the shot injures or kills you, or someone in your family. Oh yeah. You only have one year from the date of getting the "vaccine" to file a claim. If an injury, illness or death occurs after one year because of the "vaccine"? Sucks to be you. You will find no joy from this program, nor from anyone else.

Look over the data right here and notice how many claims for the COVID19 "vaccine" have been filed already. "436 allege injuries/deaths from COVID-19 vaccines".

TPD

the poor dad
After the American Association of Pediatrics or something like that came out today and highly recommended masks for all kids 3 years and older when returning to school, the great one wasn’t long getting on CNN and agreeing.

Hijinx

Of course Faucci thinks it's reasonable, he isn't a child returning to school who has to sit there sucking on his own spit and snot all day long.
masks are useless against the virus and not much good against regular household dust./

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Of course Faucci thinks it's reasonable, he isn't a child returning to school who has to sit there sucking on his own spit and snot all day long.
masks are useless against the virus and not much good against regular household dust./
Wearing the same mask all day just increases the chance of bacterial infection from all that crap breeding in the hot, wet environment of the mask, and is inhaled with every breath. And I'll bet no one changes masks during the day, or even weekly.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Wearing the same mask all day just increases the chance of bacterial infection from all that crap breeding in the hot, wet environment of the mask, and is inhaled with every breath. And I'll bet no one changes masks during the day, or even weekly.
This is why I chose a bandana. At least the bottom was open, but it still fogged up my glasses. I did make sure they were laundered regularly. I can't imagine being a wee one and expected to keep one on all day. These peeps are crazy.

Kinnakeet

If I may ...

For those that think you're gonna get compensation from injury, illness, or death, due to the experimental vaccine, and since the pharmaceuticals are exempt from all liability, that leaves only the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP).

And for the past 11 years, from 2010 through 7/1/2021, the total number of CICP claims filed: 1,657. And of those claims, over the past 11 years, only 29 claims were compensated. So good luck if the shot injures or kills you, or someone in your family. Oh yeah. You only have one year from the date of getting the "vaccine" to file a claim. If an injury, illness or death occurs after one year because of the "vaccine"? Sucks to be you. You will find no joy from this program, nor from anyone else.

Look over the data right here and notice how many claims for the COVID19 "vaccine" have been filed already. "436 allege injuries/deaths from COVID-19 vaccines".

10 years from now there will be TV adds foe this shot hopefully Captain Kirk will still be able to make a commercial for the DC hammer..Mike Slocom..lol

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden White House Mulling New Mask Mandates, But There's a Catch...And It Involves the Midterm Election

There are tens of millions of unvaccinated Americans who are also eligible to vote. Do you really want to kick that hornet’s nest? Inflation is rising. It could be a more salient 2022 issue. Violent crime is also an issue. The economy is in a state of anemia. And all of this as Democrats barely cling onto their majorities in the House and Senate. This will be classic ‘all talk, no action’ theater. Or at the very least they’ll try to delegate this out to other agencies, giving them the ‘well, the CDC gave a recommendation. We’re just following their advice’ escape hatch (via The Hill) [emphasis mine]:

The White House is reportedly in talks with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other top administration officials on whether to push for updated mask guidance amid a surge in delta variant infections across the country.
Six people familiar with the discussions told The Washington Post that talks are still in the early stages, though officials said any updated guidelines on wearing masks would come directly from the CDC.
Under the CDC’s current health guidelines, Americans who are fully vaccinated do not have to wear masks in most settings, though a federal mask mandate remains in place for airlines and other forms of public transportation.
[…]
Officials who spoke to the Post said that the White House aims to maintain a hands-off approach and leave it up to the CDC on the best path forward for mask guidelines.
[…]
“At this time, we have no intention of changing our masking guidance,” CDC spokesman Jason McDonald said in a statement.

TPD

the poor dad
and the question is - how many of you will comply when a new mask mandate is put in place? I didn't play in the last round of this game and I will not play in the next round.