Politics of The Mask

TPD

the poor dad
Wait - what is it? 6-8-10-12 weeks. The number keeps going up.

And another thing - you’ve been telling me that me wearing a mask protects you, but now you just said that me wearing a mask protects me more than a vaccine will.

I’m so confused!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Idaho man arrested for not wearing mask at outdoor worship service: 'Unbelievable'

A man who was arrested for singing maskless at an outdoor worship service in Moscow, Idaho called the incident "unbelievable" when he spoke out on "The Ingraham Angle" Thursday night.

Gabriel Rench, a Latah County commission candidate, was one of three people arrested Wednesday at a "psalm sing" attended by some 150 people in the Moscow City Hall parking lot. The charge: violating a coronavirus order, according to the local news.

"I did not think I was going to be arrested. I did not think I was going to be cited," Rench said, adding that his church had been organizing the "psalm sings" throughout the shutdown.

"We just started singing the songs and they come up to me and my mom first, and then the guy standing next to me was my friend and I put my arm around him and said, this is my friend, and that's why they proceeded to arrest me," he explained.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Florida governor suspends collection of fines for violating local mask rules

Florida does not have a statewide mask mandate, although many local governments have implemented their own restrictions.

While the governor doesn't plan to preempt local rules regarding masks, he is stepping in when it comes to fines. Speaking Friday in St. Petersburg, Gov. Ron DeSantis said all outstanding fines and penalties that have been applied against individuals for failing to follow local mask rules are suspended.

"I think we need to get away from trying to penalize people for social distancing and just work with people constructively," the governor said.

The announcement came in response to a question about masks. The governor said he hopes the state and local governments can work with people in a way that's more collaborative when it comes to encouraging mask use.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cottonwood, Arizona—the town nearest me—settled on a workable compromise. The town has a mask mandate, which carries no enforcement provisions or penalties. Most stores post signs which are respected by the majority of patrons but ignored by a minority. There's a measure of protection for mask-wearers and a measure of independence for mask-refusers. Nobody gets hot and bothered because face masks aren't worth wrestling matches in the produce section.

Logan cops should have remembered that masks don't rate personal combat before they tased an ill-mannered mom over her refusal to wear a cloth covering in uncrowded bleachers under an open sky. There was no reason for that, aside from resentment that anybody could refuse their commands.

Admittedly, Kitts wasn't officially arrested for her mask-resistance; that was just the starting point. "It is important to note, the female was not arrested for failing to wear a mask, she was asked to leave the premises for continually violating school policy," huffs the Logan Police Department. "Once she refused to leave the premises, she was advised she was under arrest for criminal trespassing, she resisted the arrest, which led to the use of force."

But that's always the case. Selling loose cigarettes, or hanging out, or a faulty brake light easily turns into a grab-bag of charges, usually including "resisting arrest." Then we're supposed to believe that the subsequent wrestling, beating, tasing, or shooting are perfectly justified, even though it all started with some minor violation.

Tasing Moms Who Refuse Masks Does Not Make the World a Healthier Place

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Michigan Supreme Court Rules Whitmer’s Shutdown Order ‘In Violation’ Of State Constitution

“We conclude that the Governor lacked the authority to declare a ‘state of emergency’ or a ‘state of disaster’ under the EMA after April 30, 2020, on the basis of the COVID-19 pandemic,” the court ruled in a 5-4 decision. “Furthermore, we conclude that the EPGA is in violation of the Constitution of our state because it purports to delegate to the executive branch the legislative powers of state government – including its plenary police powers – and to allow the exercise of such powers indefinitely. As a consequence, the EPGA cannot continue to provide a basis for the Governor to exercise emergency powers.”

Whitmer called the ruling “deeply disappointing” and said that it’s putting Michigan at risk for a resurgence of the coronavirus after “I have done everything in my power to protect our seniors, small businesses, and first responders from the worst public health emergency in over a century.”

“Today’s Supreme Court ruling, handed down by a narrow majority of Republican justices, is deeply disappointing, and I vehemently disagree with the court’s interpretation of the Michigan Constitution,” Whitmer said in a statement. “Right now, every state and the federal government have some form of declared emergency. With this decision, Michigan will become the sole outlier at a time when the Upper Peninsula is experiencing rates of COVID infection not seen in our state since April.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Michigan Governor Vows To Continue Coronavirus Measures Despite State Supreme Court Ruling

After the ruling, Whitmer released a response saying that she found the ruling “deeply disappointing” and that she would continue to enforce unspecified actions.

“It is important to note that this ruling does not take effect for at least 21 days, and until then, my emergency declaration and orders retain the force of law. Furthermore, after 21 days, many of the responsive measures I have put in place to control the spread of the virus will continue under alternative sources of authority that were not at issue in today’s ruling,” Whitmer said in her statement.

As The Daily Wire previously reported, the ruling is the result of a lawsuit brought by a group of Michigan medical providers and a patient who couldn’t have a knee surgery due to Whitmer’s coronavirus restrictions:
The owners of Grand Health Partners, Wellston Medical Center, and Primary Health Services, and Jeffery Gulick filed the lawsuit against Whitmer, State Attorney General Dana Nessel, and state health director Robert Gordon on Tuesday. The plaintiffs are pushing the governor to lift her ban on “non-essential” treatments, warning that the ban is endangering the lives of many patients.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do Masks Really Work? Here's What the Charts Tell Us

In case it isn’t obvious, these charts fail to show any correlation between mask mandates (which presumably increase the wearing of masks) and reductions in COVID-19 infections. If you look at all of the available charts over at Rational Ground, you’ll see there are some instances of infection rates declining after a mask mandate was imposed, but those mandates were put in place after infection rates were already on the decline. For example, this chart showing New York City’s daily new cases of COVID-19.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
THE CHINESE LOCKDOWN-AND-MASK MODEL FAILED. NOW ITS PROPONENTS NEED SCAPEGOATS

Democrats claimed that they were superior because they were “listening to the science”. They weren’t listening to the science, which is not an oracle and does not give interviews. Instead, they were obeying a class of officials, some of them whom weren’t even medical professionals, who impressed elected officials and the public with statistical sleight of hand. And little else.

The entire lockdown to testing to reopening pipeline that we adopted wholesale was a typical bureaucratic and corporate exercise, complete with the illusion of metrics and goals, that suffered from all the typical problems of bureaucracy, academia, and corporate culture.

The system that determines reopenings and closings is an echo chamber that measures its own functioning while having little to do with the real world. Testing has become a cargo cult exercise that confuses the map with the world, and the virus with the spreadsheet. It gamifies fighting the pandemic while dragging entire countries into an imaginary world based on its invented rules.

When the media reports a rise or decrease in positive tests, it’s treated as if it’s an assessment of the virus, rather than an incomplete data point that measures its own measurements.

The daily coronavirus reports have become the equivalent of Soviet harvest reports. They sound impressive, mean absolutely nothing, and are the pet obsession of a bureaucracy that not only has no understanding of the problem, but its grip on power has made it the problem.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Top scientific journals reject 'controversial' Danish study on effectiveness of face masks against coronavirus: Report

Some of the world's top scientific journals are being accused of suppressing the results of a study aimed at determining the effectiveness of face masks against the spread of the coronavirus.

"They all said no," said Christian Torp-Pedersen, chief physician at North Zealand Hospital’s research department, who was involved in the study. "We cannot start discussing what they are dissatisfied with because, in that case, we must also explain what the study showed, and we do not want to discuss that until it is published."

Danish newspaper Berlingske ran a headline on Thursday reading, “Does a mask work? Top journals refuse to print the Danish answer.”

"Now one of the researchers involved in the study can state that the finished research result has been rejected by at least three of the world's leading medical journals,” the Berlingske article states.

The journals refusing to publish the results reportedly include the Lancet, the New England Journal of Medicine, and the Journal of the American Medical Association.
The Washington Examiner reached out to all three journals. Only the Lancet responded, saying it does not comment on unpublished studies.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now, the CDC says mask wearers get a measurable amount of protection against the virus, saying masks “reduce inhalation” of possible virus-laden droplets.

“Masks are primarily intended to reduce the emission of virus-laden droplets (‘source control’), which is especially relevant for asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others, and who are estimated to account for more than 50% of transmissions,” the CDC reported on Tuesday. “Masks also help reduce inhalation of these droplets by the wearer (‘filtration for personal protection’). The community benefit of masking for SARS-CoV-2 control is due to the combination of these effects; individual prevention benefit increases with increasing numbers of people using masks consistently and correctly.”

“Adopting universal masking policies can help avert future lockdowns, especially if combined with other non-pharmaceutical interventions such as social distancing, hand hygiene, and adequate ventilation,” the CDC said. “The prevention benefit of masking is derived from the combination of source control and personal protection for the mask wearer.”

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Now, the CDC says mask wearers get a measurable amount of protection against the virus, saying masks “reduce inhalation” of possible virus-laden droplets.

“Masks are primarily intended to reduce the emission of virus-laden droplets (‘source control’), which is especially relevant for asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others, and who are estimated to account for more than 50% of transmissions,” the CDC reported on Tuesday. “Masks also help reduce inhalation of these droplets by the wearer (‘filtration for personal protection’). The community benefit of masking for SARS-CoV-2 control is due to the combination of these effects; individual prevention benefit increases with increasing numbers of people using masks consistently and correctly.”

“Adopting universal masking policies can help avert future lockdowns, especially if combined with other non-pharmaceutical interventions such as social distancing, hand hygiene, and adequate ventilation,” the CDC said. “The prevention benefit of masking is derived from the combination of source control and personal protection for the mask wearer.”

Heard that this morning. Just shook my head.

TPD

the poor dad
As I've been saying for months - just couldn't understand how a mask only works one way. Ah yes - now it's a 2-way!