Politics of The Mask

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
White House Press Secretary: ‘Even After You’re Vaccinated, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks Are Going to Be Essential’

“….Even after you’re vaccinated, social distancing, wearing masks are going to be essential. We’ll need to keep communicating about that through health and medical experts,” she said in her reply.

Alexander followed up, saying, “What do you say to those folks….who say they don’t believe that 450,000 Americans have died of coronavirus. At the end of today, we need everybody on board to beat this virus. What do you tell them?”

“We know statistically,” Psaki said, “…that if Americans wore a mask for 100 days, 50,000 lives would be saved. We know it’s not going to be overnight, but we’re going to continue to communicate about it in a non-political way and a factual way so that Americans can take steps to save themselves.”

TPD

the poor dad
Why are you so scared of a piece of cloth?

If you use a condom why take birth control too?
If I'm taking birth control, then I'm not the one also wearing the condom. Unless I'm a trans dem.

The more appropriate comparison is if I have a vasectomy then I don't have to wear a condom. But yet if I get the 'rona vaccine I STILL have to wear the mask!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ron DeSantis Goes Beast Mode on Reporter Who Asks About Maskless Super Bowl Partiers

DeSantis was asked by a reporter today about the postgame celebrants who were crowding the streets and weren’t wearing masks. What followed was the Florida governor going beast mode:

During a question and answer period following his press conference in Venice Wednesday, DeSantis was asked if the large crowds celebrating the Bucs victory worried him, considering reports of a new variant of the virus spreading in Florida.

DeSantis suggested the reporter only cared because it fits a narrative.

“The media is worried about that, obviously,” he said. “You don’t care as much if it’s a ‘peaceful protest,’ then it’s fine. You don’t care as much if they’re celebrating a Biden election. You only care about it if it’s people you don’t like. I’m a Bucs fan. I’m damn proud of what they did.”

The Usual Suspects on the Twitter machine declared his answer was “offensive”, “out of touch” and supposedly proved their point about how he didn’t care whether Floridians lived or died, but they are, as usual, missing the point.

Gov. DeSantis is simply – and understandably – fed up with the double standards the media have when it comes to people taking to the streets during the pandemic. If people are going to have an anti-police protest or celebrate a Democratic election victory, that’s fine to the media and few to no concerns will be raised. But if it’s something else, like a Republican political rally or a Super Bowl victory celebration, then it’s time to play the Karen card and hit the Code Red button.

Hijinx

If Faucci has his way babies should be born wearing masks.
Two of them.

Will we ever be rid of this irritable man.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
President Biden says face masks could be required 'through the next year'

Biden said that he "had a little discussion with my friends behind me, Dr. Collins and Dr. Fauci, about whether or not I should take my mask off...although we're more than 10 feet away, I think it's important that I not. It's critically important...you know that wearing this mask through the next year here can save lives—a significant numbers of lives."

He continued by praising his own mask mandate and mentioning his push for US governors, mayors and local officials to adapt the same models in their states: "We need everyone to do their part for themselves, their loved ones, and yes, for their country. Mask up, America. Mask up."

A key component of Biden's plan to put an end to the pandemic was to tell Americans to wear face masks for the first 100 days of his presidency.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Anthony Fauci Says Americans Might Still Need To Wear Masks in 2022

"I want [COVID-19 cases] to keep going down to a baseline that's so low there is virtually no threat," said Fauci. "If you combine getting most of the people in the country vaccinated with getting the level of virus in the community very, very low, then I believe you're going to be able to say, for the most part, we don't necessarily have to wear masks."

Fauci expressed cautious optimism that the country "will be approaching a significant degree of normality" by the end of this year. When pressed by Bash to define what he meant by "normality," the doctor demurred.

"I can't say that, Dana," said Fauci. "Because then it will be a sound bite that's not true. I'm saying: We don't know."

Fauci has admitted that he has previously avoided telling people the plain truth about how long it would take to reach herd immunity because he thought the public wasn't ready to hear it; thus it's not always totally clear whether the doctor's pronouncements reflect genuine uncertainty, public messaging considerations, or a mixture of both.

Grumpy

No matter what happens with this current shutdown, the precedent has been set and will be used in the future.

This_person

Why are you so scared of a piece of cloth?

It's not the cloth that seems to scare people. It's the overreach of government.

For example, I wear a seatbelt by choice. The government has no right to tell me whether to wear one or not, but I choose to.

The same is true for masks.

easyliving45

It's not the cloth that seems to scare people. It's the overreach of government.

For example, I wear a seatbelt by choice. The government has no right to tell me whether to wear one or not, but I choose to.

The same is true for masks.

Except most states you can be fined for not wearing a seatbelt just like you can be in some places for not wearing a mask.

Imagine wanting to die more than wanting to wear a tiny piece of fabric around your waist or mouth.

Some people are truly too dumb to survive. You would have been eating by a saber tooth tiger as a child.

This_person

Except most states you can be fined for not wearing a seatbelt just like you can be in some places for not wearing a mask.

Imagine wanting to die more than wanting to wear a tiny piece of fabric around your waist or mouth.

Some people are truly too dumb to survive. You would have been eating by a saber tooth tiger as a child.
Did you not see the post I made? I specifically said I wear a seatbelt. It's not the seatbelt that is the problem. It is the overreach of government.

Same for the mask.

I'd love to see the mask law that authorizes a fine. To the best of my knowledge, none exist.

easyliving45

Did you not see the post I made? I specifically said I wear a seatbelt. It's not the seatbelt that is the problem. It is the overreach of government.

Same for the mask.

I'd love to see the mask law that authorizes a fine. To the best of my knowledge, none exist.

Numerous counties and states have enacted laws that include fines for not wearing masks.

Please educate yourself.