Politics of The Mask

easyliving45

Show me.

When you do, I"ll show you an overreach of government - the exact problem. "Laws", not "regulations".

So you are already making excuses.

God you're pathetic.

Do you deny people can be fined for not wearing their seatbelts? You can be ejected and kill the other driver or another passenger. Just like by not wearing a mask you put others in danger.

Why are you so selfish and that you only think about yourself in every scenario?

This_person

So you are already making excuses.

God you're pathetic.

Do you deny people can be fined for not wearing their seatbelts? You can be ejected and kill the other driver or another passenger. Just like by not wearing a mask you put others in danger.

Why are you so selfish and that you only think about yourself in every scenario?
I make no excuses. I said I know of none, and I know of none. Show me.

If/when you do, I'll show you government overreach, just like seatbelt laws. I fully believe there are seatbelt laws, and I know they are government overreach. The only person one is likely to injure by not wearing on is oneself.

I do not challenge anyone else's safety if I am not wearing a mask, because I do not have Covid. If I do not have Covid, I have no need to wear a mask.

easyliving45

I make no excuses. I said I know of none, and I know of none. Show me.

If/when you do, I'll show you government overreach, just like seatbelt laws. I fully believe there are seatbelt laws, and I know they are government overreach. The only person one is likely to injure by not wearing on is oneself.

I do not challenge anyone else's safety if I am not wearing a mask, because I do not have Covid. If I do not have Covid, I have no need to wear a mask.

The thing is you don't know if you have covid unless you were tested daily or you are completely quarantined. You can be a symptomatic.

You think every person infected with Covid has breathed directly from the mouth of someone they knew was infected?

Are you really that ignorant?

I beg you please educate yourself and stop only thinking off yourself in every scenario.

Why would anyone bother to try to educate you with links and examples if you've already dismissed them as over reach?

This_person

The thing is you don't know if you have covid unless you were tested daily or you are completely quarantined. You can be a symptomatic.
Actually, this is demonstrably false. The WHO changed its guidelines because of an overwhelming number of false positives to show that one needs to have both two positive tests AND symptoms to be a confirmed case of Covid.

easyliving45

Actually, this is demonstrably false. The WHO changed its guidelines because of an overwhelming number of false positives to show that one needs to have both two positive tests AND symptoms to be a confirmed case of Covid.

God you are stupid.

There is a difference between a confirmed case for the WHO and being contagious if you visit your elderly parents but keep lying to yourself.

feel free to not wear a seat belt, have the airbags in your car taken out too. Ignore speed limits and drive drunk.

You obviously are too selfish to live in society.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I would never eat by a sabretoothed tiger. They have atrocious table manners.

This_person

God you are stupid.

There is a difference between a confirmed case for the WHO and being contagious if you visit your elderly parents but keep lying to yourself.

feel free to not wear a seat belt, have the airbags in your car taken out too. Ignore speed limits and drive drunk.

You obviously are too selfish to live in society.
I have no problem with speed limits (seems like the folks telling us how good our cars have to be, how much weight we can have on the road, what conditions our roads are allowed to be in, and what it takes to legally drive on a road could also determine how fast we - the folks with the license - can drive our cars - that they mandate meet certain criteria - can drive on roads that they make sure meet standards for everything else) or drunk driving laws - because violating those things has a demonstrable impact on other people's lives.

I've said I wear a seat belt, that the seat belt is not the issue. Not sure why you can't get that.

Unless I am demonstrably a risk, I am not a risk. I do not meet the criteria for having Covid, therefore I do not have Covid. You can say I'm a risk, but every human alive is a risk to every other human with whom they have contact every day. Everyone is at risk from everyone else if they live near a road, because people could violate laws and crash into their houses. People are at risk of planes falling on them (as we just saw a couple of days ago). People are at risk of getting the flu from someone else. You're at risk of getting pink eye every time you touch a surface you have not immediately cleaned before touching. You are at risk of being stabbed by a madwoman running through a grocery store.

I'm not a threat until I'm a threat. Existing when there is a virus with a 98.2% survival rate. Currently, there are less than 100,000 cases. That means I have a .012*.0003 chance of dying from Covid. Less, since I am under 60, and the probability of dying drastically increases with age.

That makes me not a risk.

easyliving45

I have no problem with speed limits (seems like the folks telling us how good our cars have to be, how much weight we can have on the road, what conditions our roads are allowed to be in, and what it takes to legally drive on a road could also determine how fast we - the folks with the license - can drive our cars - that they mandate meet certain criteria - can drive on roads that they make sure meet standards for everything else) or drunk driving laws - because violating those things has a demonstrable impact on other people's lives.

As does walking around possibly infectious and not wearing a mask. As does driving aroud without a seat belt. You put others at risk in both cases.

I've said I wear a seat belt, that the seat belt is not the issue. Not sure why you can't get that.

Unless I am demonstrably a risk, I am not a risk. I do not meet the criteria for having Covid, therefore I do not have Covid. You can say I'm a risk, but every human alive is a risk to every other human with whom they have contact every day. Everyone is at risk from everyone else if they live near a road, because people could violate laws and crash into their houses. People are at risk of planes falling on them (as we just saw a couple of days ago). People are at risk of getting the flu from someone else. You're at risk of getting pink eye every time you touch a surface you have not immediately cleaned before touching. You are at risk of being stabbed by a madwoman running through a grocery store.

Of course they are but a plane falling from the sky is not a risk you can reduce or plan for by wearing a mask as Covid is.

I guess you've never heard of hand washing either?

I'm not a threat until I'm a threat. Existing when there is a virus with a 98.2% survival rate. Currently, there are less than 100,000 cases. That means I have a .012*.0003 chance of dying from Covid. Less, since I am under 60, and the probability of dying drastically increases with age.

So you are ok with 1.80 percent of the population ( 3.5 million people+ ) dying because you cant be bothered to wear a tiny piece of cloth? What happened to life being precious and every abortion being a sin? Thats 4 times as many abortions as occur yearly in the US.

Do you even listen to yourself as you spout this hypocrisy?

That makes me not a risk.

I honestly don't know how you sleep at night.

Today alone you've explained away the death of a police officer and 500,000 Americans.

Sick

This_person

Naked, next to an incredibly attractive, loving wife.

Today alone you've explained away the death of a police officer and 500,000 Americans.

Sick
Yet, I did neither of those things.

Last I checked, they estimated up to 2,200,000 people would have died from Covid without intervention. That would have been by last summer. So, what you've described is that the Trump administration's rapid response saved at least 1,700,000 people.

But, I'm quite certain that some people would have died no matter what. Your claim that 500,000 Americans died from Trump's actions or inactions belie the basic notion that people were going to die no matter who was in office. So, that makes the claim patently stupid.

This_person

Sick
By the way, I'm possibly infectious for the flu, too. Do I need to quarantine? I could have measles. I could have pneumonia. I could have West Nile. I could have AIDS. I could have Q-fever, or Reiter Syndrome. There's no way for you to know. And, I could give those to you long before 2019's virus from Wuhan China. Even if it is the UK variant, or the South African variant.

What I don't have is any reason to believe I have any of those things. And, you have no reason to believe I have any of those things. And, the government has no reason to believe I have any of those things. Therefore, I am not a risk.

This_person

So you are ok with 1.80 percent of the population ( 3.5 million people+ ) dying because you cant be bothered to wear a tiny piece of cloth?
It's not 1.8% of the population. It's 1.8% of the 0.03% that get the infection.

Oh, and I was a big proponent of washing hands long before Covid. Was this a new thing for you, now that the media says you should do it?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and 500,000 Americans.

Hey Dumb Ass ...... 500,000 Additional American's did not die in 2020 vs the death count in 2019 because of Covid or from Covid

They died from Heart Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Cancer ... and the other illnesses that kill people .... the Gov has been lying to keep you scared ... counting a death as a Covid death of you had Covid in the preceeding weeks even COUNTING Gun Shot Victims as Covid Deaths

In Fact Heart Attacks killed 661,000 and Cancer killed 580,000 ....

After retrieving data on the CDC website, Briand compiled a graph representing percentages of total deaths per age category from early February to early September, which includes the period from before COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. to after infection rates soared.

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same…

Total deaths in 2020 (as of November) for all types of mortality causes totaled 2.5 million, whereas, in 2018 and 2019, they were 2.8 million and 2.9 million respectively. There is no massive spike that had happened and there is no reason to shut down the economy.

Last edited:

herb749

Hey Dumb Ass ...... 500,000 Additional American's did not die in 2020 vs the death count in 2019 because of Covid or from Covid

They died from Heart Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Cancer ... and the other illnesses that kill people .... the Gov has been lying to keep you scared ... counting a death as a Covid death of you had Covid in the preceeding weeks even COUNTING Gun Shot Victims as Covid Deaths

In Fact Heart Attacks killed 661,000 and Cancer killed 580,000 ....

After retrieving data on the CDC website, Briand compiled a graph representing percentages of total deaths per age category from early February to early September, which includes the period from before COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. to after infection rates soared.

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same…

Total deaths in 2020 (as of November) for all types of mortality causes totaled 2.5 million, whereas, in 2018 and 2019, they were 2.8 million and 2.9 million respectively. There is no massive spike that had happened and there is no reason to shut down the economy.

If its showed those 661,000 & 580,000 are less than previous years we'll know calling every death covid is bogus.

easyliving45

Naked, next to an incredibly attractive, loving wife.

Yet, I did neither of those things.

Last I checked, they estimated up to 2,200,000 people would have died from Covid without intervention. That would have been by last summer. So, what you've described is that the Trump administration's rapid response saved at least 1,700,000 people.

But, I'm quite certain that some people would have died no matter what. Your claim that 500,000 Americans died from Trump's actions or inactions belie the basic notion that people were going to die no matter who was in office. So, that makes the claim patently stupid.

Trump said it would disappear overnight like magic and that people shouldn't wear masks.

That is not swift action.

That is neglect which led to weeks of unchecked spread.

Stop defending a man who couldn't care and less whether you live or die.

Again, why is one abortion too much for you yet 500,000 american deaths are something to be dismissed?

easyliving45

By the way, I'm possibly infectious for the flu, too. Do I need to quarantine? I could have measles. I could have pneumonia. I could have West Nile. I could have AIDS. I could have Q-fever, or Reiter Syndrome. There's no way for you to know. And, I could give those to you long before 2019's virus from Wuhan China. Even if it is the UK variant, or the South African variant.

What I don't have is any reason to believe I have any of those things. And, you have no reason to believe I have any of those things. And, the government has no reason to believe I have any of those things. Therefore, I am not a risk.

You should be inoculated against many of those, you cant pass AIDS through breathing.

Your analogies are getting worse everytime you make one.

This_person

Trump said it would disappear overnight like magic and that people shouldn't wear masks.

That is not swift action.

That is neglect which led to weeks of unchecked spread.

Stop defending a man who couldn't care and less whether you live or die.

Again, why is one abortion too much for you yet 500,000 american deaths are something to be dismissed?
He did much more than that, and 1.7M people are still alive. Apparently as a result of what he did, since they predicted 2.2M dead if he didn't do stuff.

Abortion directly, intentionally kills an innocent human being by another human being. You are comparing apples and lug nuts.

easyliving45

He did much more than that, and 1.7M people are still alive. Apparently as a result of what he did, since they predicted 2.2M dead if he didn't do stuff.

Abortion directly, intentionally kills an innocent human being by another human being. You are comparing apples and lug nuts.

Trumps inaction was deliberate. He knew how serious it was and spoke openly about it in private saying it was deadly and saying he wanted to downplay that.

That directly got additional people killed.

So by your logic we should just provide everyone with free birth control right?

Problem solved?

This_person

Trumps inaction was deliberate. He knew how serious it was and spoke openly about it in private saying it was deadly and saying he wanted to downplay that.

That directly got additional people killed.

So by your logic we should just provide everyone with free birth control right?

Problem solved?
If he downplayed it, wouldn't that have led to the 2.2M anticipated to die? How many additional people died (not were killed), and how do you estimate that number?

No, no one should receive anything "free". If they want it they should buy it.