Politics of The Mask

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Danielle’ Becomes The New ‘Karen’ After Kroger Store Incident

A new kind of “Karen” has arrived in town, and she goes by a very different name- Danielle.

After a woman named Danielle Muscato, a trans civil rights activist who hosts the “RESIST” podcast, took to Twitter to blast a manager at a Louisville Kroger supermarket over an incident regarding another customer and mask-wearing, the name Danielle quickly began to trend on Twitter, with many quickly rising to the manager’s defense and declaring Danielle as the new “Karen.”

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Target Tori’ launches fundraiser for fellow viral retail worker ‘Kroger Andy’

A Massachusetts manager who was nicknamed “Target Tori” when a customer shamed her online has now come to the defense of another viral retail worker dubbed “Kroger Andy” — and has raised $18,000 to send him on a vacation.

Tori Perrotti, a manager at a Target store in Swansea, Massachusetts, jumped into the fray when a customer griped on Twitter about Andy, also a manager, at a Kroger in Louisville, Kentucky.

In the tweet, the customer, Danielle Muscato, explained that she had gone to Andy after she confronted another shopper about not wearing a mask and was threatened with assault.

TPD

the poor dad
My manager (daughter) was threatened yesterday with a fine because she was not masked. Can I start a go-fund-her to pay for said fine?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My manager (daughter) was threatened yesterday with a fine because she was not masked. Can I start a go-fund-her to pay for said fine?
Put a can on the counter for legal fees. I'll make a special trip to contribute.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Kroger ‘Karen‘ 🤔

Attachments

• 800F4114-4AE0-4EEB-8CA8-E1A78FEB1197.jpeg
    800F4114-4AE0-4EEB-8CA8-E1A78FEB1197.jpeg
    893.9 KB · Views: 874

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nashville city councilwoman recommends attempted murder charges for some not wearing face masks

A Nashville, Tennessee, councilwoman wants those who don’t wear face masks during the coronavirus pandemic to be charged with attempted murder.

Sharon Hurt, an at-large councilwoman of the Nashville Metro Council, joined an Aug. 5 meeting between Public Safety, Beer & Regulated Beverages and Health, Hospitals, & Social Services committees.

“My question goes back to legislation,” she said during the meeting. “But my concern is — you know I work for an organization, that if they pass a virus, then they are tried for murder or attempted murder, if they are not told … and this person who may very well pass this virus that's out in the air because they're not wearing a mask is basically doing the same thing to someone who contracts it and dies from it.”

“It seems to me that we have been more reactive, as opposed to proactive, and a little too late, too little. So, my thing is, maybe there should be legislation, stronger legislation, I don't know if Mike Jameson is ... can speak to it, but maybe there needs to be stronger legislation to say that if you do not wear a mask and you subject exposure of this virus to someone else then there will be some stronger penalty as it is in other viruses that are exposed,” she added.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks, bans civilians in masks from office

A Florida sheriff barred deputies from wear facial coverings in most work settings, authorities said Wednesday, even as the state continues to struggle with record-breaking coronavirus numbers.

Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods insisted there's no conclusive evidence that wearing masks curbs the virus' spread — despite explicit CDC guidelines that say just that.

"Now, I can already hear the whining and just so you know I did not make this decision easily and I have weighed it out for the past 2 weeks," according to a memo Woods wrote to staff and was provided to NBC News by the sheriff's office.

"We can debate and argue all day of why and why not. The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reason why we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
DNR tells employees to wear masks during Zoom calls, even when they are alone at home

Natural Resources Secretary Preston Cole reminded employees in a July 31 email that Gov. Tony Evers’ mask order was going into effect the next day. That means every DNR employee must wear a mask while in a DNR facility, noted Cole, an appointee of the Democratic governor.

“Also, wear your mask, even if you are home, to participate in a virtual meeting that involves being seen — such as on Zoom or another video-conferencing platform — by non-DNR staff,” Cole told his employees. “Set the safety example which shows you as a DNR public service employee care about the safety and health of others.”

The governor’s mask order requires people to wear masks when they are indoors — other than in private residences.

From a medical perspective, masks need to be worn at home only in limited situations, such as to protect people if someone living with them has COVID-19, said Nasia Safdar, the medical director of infection control at UW Health.

“Beyond that, there is not a reason to routinely wear a mask in your home if that risk isn’t there,” she said.

Now wear we are pretending Fuk That Noise

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
“Set the safety example which shows you as a DNR public service employee care about the safety and health of others.”
No, sets the example that no common sense is being used and if I were to encounter that, I'd terminate the connection.

Hijinx

Daniel is not a Karen and is not a woman either.
There is no Danielle except in this mutilated fools mind.

IF he is indeed mutilated, or just faking it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nolte: Wisconsin Forces Employees to Wear Masks at Home Alone During Zoom Meetings

Forcing people to wear masks when not necessary is not only anti-science, it’s punitive and bullying — an appalling abuse of authority.

The idea that wearing a mask in your own home for online meetings “sets an example” is true — but the only example it sets is a stupid and mean-spirited one about how venal and authoritarian governments run by Democrats become.

All this move does is expose the true agenda behind the Mask Nazis, and that is the sexual thrill they receive from bossing people around, from flaunting their authority, from pimping their own virtue.

Umm Go Fuk Yourself .......

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Illinois governor to require businesses to enforce mask rules or face fines up to $2,500 after Democrats let rule stick

Despite Republicans who wanted to suspend the rule because they said it could still criminalize business owners, Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s fines for businesses that don’t comply with mask and social distancing requirements amid COVID-19 concerns survived a rule committee.

After an hour behind closed doors, the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules met to take up Pritzker’s rule that will levy a $2,500 fine against a business for not complying with the mandate.

State Sen. Bill Cunningham, D-Chicago, said the rule is different than what was filed and universally opposed in May.

My How Authoritarian of them ...... making business do the dirty work

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrat San Diego Councilwoman Says People Without Masks And Not Distancing Should Be Arrested
On Tuesday, a Democratic San Diego councilwoman preached a draconian message regarding people who do not wear masks in public and don’t social distance, telling a press conference that the County Sheriff should be arresting those people.

She also attacked President Trump, snapping, “We have not had the kind of national leadership we need, but we have an election coming. So hopefully that will change.”

Jennifer Campbell, who is a retired physician, held a press conference at a park in Ocean Beach, calling out, “I’m Councilmember Jennifer Campbell. I’m a physician, and I’ve been wanting since day one of this COVID thing for this city and this county to get strong. This is a life-threatening situation. It would be wonderful if OB (Ocean Beach) could be its old self, get together, see old friends, new friends and have fun. That’s what we want to happen again. But right now, people who come here with no mask with no distancing, are being irresponsible and they could get sick, deathly sick, and die.”

“Every day, more and more San Diegans are dying,” she continued. “So we have to get tough; and I’m telling you if this situation that happened last Wednesday night happens this Wednesday night, there’s gonna be a law to clamp down. And so they have got to stop it; they have got to behave in a responsible, adult mature manner. This is a world-wide emergency. Every single person has to take part in ending it.”

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If a person is not wearing a mask, but IS social distancing, leave it be. The instant you confront them, whether to Karen or arrest them, the social distancing guidelines are broken and is more of a concern than if you left them alone.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Politics of the mask, indeed.

Trump in April. When it comes to COVID, the President has total power over lockdowns.
Q Mr. President, just to clarify your understanding of your authority vis-à-vis governors — just to be very specific: For instance, if a governor issued a stay-at-home order —
THE PRESIDENT: When you say “my authority” — the President’s authority. Not mine, because it’s not me.

Q If I could just ask the question —

THE PRESIDENT: This is — when somebody is the President of the United States, the authority is total, and that’s the way it’s got to be.

Q It’s total? Your authority is total?

THE PRESIDENT: It’s total. It’s total.
THE PRESIDENT: But the authority of the President of the United States, having to do with the subject we’re talking about, is total.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ers-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-25/

Trump yesterday. If Biden as hypothetical President issues a mask mandate that would be crazy!
If the President has the unilateral power to order every single citizen to cover their face in nearly all instances, what other powers does he have?
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...resident-trump-press-briefing-august-13-2020/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sweden’s Top Epidemiologist Says Just Wearing Face Masks Could Be ‘Very Dangerous’

Tegnell has long expressed doubt about the usefulness of masks. “With numbers diminishing very quickly in Sweden, we see no point in wearing a face mask in Sweden, not even on public transport,” Tegnell said last month, according to Fortune. “That Sweden has come down to these levels is very promising,” Tegnell told reporters in Stockholm at the time. “The curves are going down and the curves for the seriously ill are beginning to approach zero.”

The Swede’s top immunologist’s comments came after Holland’s top scientists, who have examined data and research about COVID-19, declared there is no clear evidence that wearing face masks helps stem the spread of the virus.

“Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,” said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. “There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.”

“Holland’s position is based on assessments by the Outbreak Management Team, a group of experts advising the government. It first ruled against masks in May and has re-evaluated the evidence several times, including again last week. It believes they detract from a clear three-pronged message that has kept deaths from coronavirus down to less than half the rate in Britain: wash hands regularly, maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres and stay at home if suffering any symptoms,” The Daily Mail reported.