Politics of The Mask

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pennsylvania’s Health Secretary reportedly cut a secret agreement with a car show near the state capital that enabled them to get around coronavirus restrictions on outdoor gatherings.

According to legal documents obtained by local Pittsburgh outlet WPXI, Dr. Rachel Levine made a confidential settlement agreement with the Carlisle Car Show near Harrisburg that allowed 20,000 people to attend their four-day event in June. According to Pennsylvania’s color-coded reopening plan, outdoor gatherings are limited 250 people or less.

The apparent hypocrisy has shocked and dismayed some state lawmakers, who told WPXI the move was “outrageous,” “ridiculous,” and “not fair.” Republican state Rep. Aaron Bernstein, who represents counties in the western part of the state, described it as “despicable,” adding, “It’s not fair that eastern PA set up deals when we abide by rules.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/outr...with-car-show-to-bypass-covid-19-restrictions

I guess them tax dollars Trump Public safety

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I Am Sick To Death Of COVID Supremacists

But Kira, the teachers and the staff are more vulnerable. Why do you hate teachers???

There are many teachers and staff who feel just fine about returning to the classroom. In K-12 education, teachers tend to skew younger and have a much lower risk. Of course, that shifts quite a bit when it comes to college professors. Invite those who feel comfortable to return to campus with the students. Those who don’t feel comfortable should Zoom in to the classroom, ideally one supervised by aides and subs. The unions are always begging for more hires. This seems like a no-brainer.

But Kira, nearly 200,000 people are dead because of COVID. Why do you hate people???

I have made my case for my informed status on this issue. I know the numbers. We are far, far, far, far, far, far shy of the 3-5 million deaths Fauci and co. promised in the beginning of all this. Even with quarantine measures we were told millions would still die. In a population of 325 million, 174,000 is statistically negligible.

But Kira, you heartless monster! How can you say you don’t care about all those people who died?

And herein lies the rub, the very heart of this rant today. I have no belief whatsoever that those screaming at me about how little I care for the lives of others actually care for the lives of those others themselves. My opinion that a virus with a 99.6% survivability rate should not bring a successful society to a screeching halt does not denote my malice for my fellow Americans. Quite the opposite. I care very much about the daily suffering I see as people lose their jobs, businesses, and even their mental stability to this ridiculous response.

I have been patient. I have been a good citizen. I have done everything asked of me. I have tried to be gracious to those who insult my intelligence and qualifications simply because I don’t see things their way. I have tried to understand that people are scared and that not everyone has all the information and I can’t force them to have it. I have chosen the path of acceptance for those who rage and seethe and hiss all day on social media about people like me, people who have the audacity to even suggest perhaps it’s time for citizens to be making these decisions for themselves. I have genuinely tried to be the bigger person. I don’t post memes insulting people who want to wear masks, even as many of my friends and family regularly and smugly post memes insulting those of us who have questions about it all.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Pre-Mask-Cult Science Against Universal Public Masking Hasn’t Changed One Bit

When it comes to the “facts” you receive about coronavirus from the left and the mainstream media, the only thing that’s certain is the fact that we’re all being gaslit. With the current casedemic continuing at an unabated, albeit slightly decreased pace, the LARPing media, in a desperate attempt to keep life as abnormal as possible until the election, continues to pretend like it’s still April and all of America is New York City. We’re told 1,000+ a day are dying, but we have no idea if it’s coronavirus that’s actually killing them or they’re just dying WITH coronavirus in their system of old-age or whatever comorbidity they had. Meanwhile, America masks-up like it’s 1918, pretending ill-fitting, moist, bacteria and virus-laden cloth muzzles are somehow going to abate the spread of a virus that’s harmless or super-mild to the vast majority of those who contract it.

The masks, of course, continue to be a source of heated debate. Granted, I’ve been focusing on them a lot in my latest columns and social media posts. People sometimes ask me why. Sure, I hate wearing the damned things. I would imagine most people do, except probably leftists who get some sick pleasure out forcing their will on everyone else. They’re hot, constricting, and sap the fun and the life out of most anything done while they’re on, but since when have leftists ever enjoyed life?

Therefore, since they’re basically useless, potentially harmful, and presumably “guard” against something that isn’t worth stopping anyway even if they worked, I avoid them wherever possible. But even more importantly, I hate the deception they represent and the tyranny they foreshadow. The deception, because this pandemic really ended in May, yet society is continuing like nothing ever changed, and the tyranny because mask mandates represent the camel’s hump in the proverbial tent. If they can force us to do something this stupid, useless, and constricting (remember, some states require masks OUTSIDE in any public area and punish those who disobey with fines) in the name of “public health,” what CAN’T they make us do? What happens if Democrats win and decide to declare “climate change” a “public health emergency”?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Most Powerful Argument Against Forced Universal Masking That You Won't Read In The Establishment Media

As far as whether or not masking actually works to “stop the spread” of coronavirus, I can point to studies (assuming - and this is a big assumption - that Big Tech allows them to remain online), and the masking proponents can as well. We can go back and forth on the potential long-term dangers posed by non-medically trained people wearing, breathing through, touching and constantly fiddling with veritable Petri dishes for several hours a day (I’m right, they’re wrong, but whatever …). We can even debate whether forced-masking is truly an infringement on personal freedoms (it is) or discuss the validity of the view, popular among many go-along-to-get-along Christians these days, that masking is somehow the key to “loving your neighbor” (it’s not).

As far as whether or not masking actually works to “stop the spread” of coronavirus, I can point to studies (assuming - and this is a big assumption - that Big Tech allows them to remain online), and the masking proponents can as well. We can go back and forth on the potential long-term dangers posed by non-medically trained people wearing, breathing through, touching and constantly fiddling with veritable Petri dishes for several hours a day (I’m right, they’re wrong, but whatever …). We can even debate whether forced-masking is truly an infringement on personal freedoms (it is) or discuss the validity of the view, popular among many go-along-to-get-along Christians these days, that masking is somehow the key to “loving your neighbor” (it’s not).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If Masks Work, Why Don’t They WORK?

Except, neither the masks nor the lockdown measures every really stopped COVID-19 in its tracks, did they? Nope, the virus just kept right on virusing, as highly-contagious respiratory viruses are prone to do. You can lock down and delay the inevitable, but as soon as you peek your nose out the virus will be waiting. You can mask up ‘till the cows come home, but even the CDC now admits that, with or without masks, 15 minutes of close contact with an infected person will spread the virus. And given the fact that it has ALWAYS taken 15 minutes of close contact with an infected person to spread the virus, that means masks are generally useless.

But yes, if what they said was true, if COVID-19 could have been eliminated or even severely curbed with a few weeks of mask-wearing, even I would have happily put up with it. Because, indeed, they would have been right about mask-wearing being a “small inconvenience” if we had a foreseeable future endgame and could see actual results behind the practice.

No cheating though! Farr’s Law being what it is, the numbers were going to come down anyway when a certain threshold of infectivity was met. Thankfully, with coronavirus, that threshold seems to be somewhere between 15 and 25 percent. New York and New Jersey are prime examples. Anyone who thinks masks somehow did the trick in those places have clearly never heard of herd immunity. Even California’s cases (yes, I know this is a #casedemic, not a pandemic at this point) are on the way down, but the climb toward the July-August peak happened long after masks were mandated statewide in mid-June. If anything, early July should have been the virus’ swan-song in California, but it was just ramping up. Almost anywhere universal masking has been implemented, from Peru to Columbia to Greece to the UK, has been followed by significant case spikes. As a prime example, this graph that shows the trend since the U.K. made face masks mandatory indoors is nothing short of stunning.

CDC guidelines say wearing a mask during prolonged exposure to coronavirus won't prevent possible infection

“Wondering what @cdcgov really thinks about masks? Their guidance on quarantining after exposure to someone with #covid explicitly states whether the infected OR exposed person wore masks doesn’t matter,” former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson tweeted Sunday.

“My mask protects no one. So does yours. Thanks for clearing that up, CDC!” he added, accompanied by screenshots of the CDC’s guidelines.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mother and 2-year-old son allegedly booted from Southwest flight after the toddler ate snacks without a mask on

Jodi Degyansky, 34, and her son, Hayes, were traveling back home to Chicago from Fort Myers after visiting family in Florida when their trip was canceled due to the mask-less snacking, the News-Press reported Sunday.

According to Degyansky, the plane had already left the gate and was taxiing to the runway when it was abruptly ordered to turn around.

Degyansky had removed her son's mask so that the toddler could eat some of the snacks that had been served. When flight attendants confronted her on multiple occasions, she told them that her son would be wearing a mask for the full flight but was currently eating. Then the plane turned around and she was asked to leave.

TPD

the poor dad
Since when are snacks distributed before the flight leaves the gate?
I think since the KungFlu came to America. If I recall correctly, which this could be incorrect, On our flight to Atlanta in May, the bag with the snacks and bottle of water were sitting on our seat when we boarded so as to minimize interaction between flight attendants and passengers. At least this makes some sense in my mind even if it didn’t happen this way. Old age sucks!

TPD

the poor dad

I was graphing Maryland cases in March, April and May when Fat Larry was putting all the restrictions on us. I saw the same thing - when the mask mandate went into effect, cases continued to rise for weeks.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Since when are snacks distributed before the flight leaves the gate?
It does say "that had been served", but it's not uncommon for someone to bring their own food/drink on the flight, and would have it before takeoff.

But that's absurd. If the attendants served the treats, why would they complain, and especially to that extent, if someone chose to eat it?

Some people just need to be in control, but the pilot went along with it?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've flown Southwest round trip twice recently in June & July. None of those flights distributed snacks and water until cruising altitude.

pontificator

Are we supposed to have sympathy for this dumb broad? If you know you won't be able to keep the mask on your bubble-gum breath varmint, stay off my the plane. There are other ways to get where you're going without inconveniencing others.

Selfish breeders...

pontificator