Politics of The Mask

Hijinx

I wore my mask today cutting the lawn. It works fairly well for pollen, bot so much for Covid.
O course you can see pollen. Especially on a black car.

When you see a yellow coating of dust on a parking lot things are getting bad.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ted Cruz Stops Wearing a Mask After Getting the Vaccine, Which Is Somehow Newsworthy

Now that more and more people are getting vaccinated, though, these mask fanatics are having trouble adjusting. They enjoy wagging their fingers in our faces way too much to stop now. And if they can harangue a Republican, well, even better.

Lexi Lonas, The Hill:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said on Thursday that he will no longer be wearing a mask at the Capitol since he is fully vaccinated.
“At this point I’ve been vaccinated. Everybody working in the Senate has been vaccinated,” Cruz told CNN. “CDC has said in small groups, particularly with people who were vaccinated, don’t need to wear masks.”
Cruz and many other lawmakers have been fully vaccinated against the virus, but the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is still recommending vaccinated people wear masks in large groups of people since many have not been fully vaccinated yet.
Why?

This isn’t a rhetorical question. If these vaccines work, why do vaccinated people need to wear masks?

Why?

People are getting kicked off passenger flights for allowing their children to eat without masks, as if it were somehow possible for them to eat with their mouths covered.

Why?

Jen Psaki regularly stands at a podium in front of the White House press corps, all of whom are wearing masks, and she never wears a mask.

Why?

There hasn’t been a single reported case of someone getting COVID-19 from touching a surface, yet there’s still all this cleaning theater going on. A public figure walks away from a microphone, and somebody rushes in and sprays down everything he might’ve touched or breathed on.

Why?

Now one of the vaccines has been pulled entirely because there’s literally one chance in a million that if you’re pregnant or on birth control, you could get blood clots. That’s a 0.0001% chance.

Why?

None of this crap makes sense. There’s nothing scientific about any of this. It’s just hysteria. Superstition.

Tech

Popular New Mask Reads 'I'm Not A Democrat, I Just Forgot To Take Off My Mask When I Left The Store'

When the masks come off, stores will need to have placards warning to watch your step so as not to trip over the cowering curled up in the fetal.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Maine College Imposes $50 Fine On Students Who Don’t Wear Masks

Oliver Griswold, a spokesman for the school, said that the school is using “all of the tools at our disposal to try to keep COVID off campus.” The college doubled down on its decision to ticket students, claiming that they were given advance notices about all fines and policies.

Universities across the country have taken extreme measures to shield college students and faculty from the coronavirus. In some cases, schools such as Harvard University and the University of California system opted to shut down campuses entirely and move to virtual learning-only to mitigate the spread at the beginning of the pandemic.

As the pandemic slows down and vaccines become increasingly available to the American public, universities remain uncertain about what a return to campus will look like. Many schools are making a return to campus contingent on vaccination for nearly all students and staff.

Rutgers University in New Jersey was the first school to announce plans for mandatory vaccination. Leadership at Cornell University announced soon after that students and staff must be vaccinated to return to campus in the fall.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Liberal Website Slate Says It’s Time To Stop Wearing Masks Outdoors

But one liberal website is finally taking aim at outdoor mask-wearing.

In a piece headlined “It’s About Time for Us to Stop Wearing Masks Outside,” Slate makes a case for why the practice could well be pointless.

“For a while now, this has felt a little unnecessary, if understandable, given that we were still learning things about the virus and were trying to be as careful as possible,” wrote senior editor Shannon Palus. “But now, as we’ve come to know more about the virus, as vaccinations are ramping up, and as we’re trying to figure out how to live with some level of COVID in a sustainable way, masking up outside when you’re at most briefly crossing paths with people is starting to feel barely understandable.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Georgia mother stands up against school's mask mandate: 'There's no end in sight'

Taylor slammed members for forcing children to wear masks and socially distance at school, despite there being little evidence small children can contract a severe case of coronavirus.

She also argued that it's been more than a year since the pandemic began, vaccines are available and every adult in Georgia is eligible.

"I think month after month I have been waiting for this mask requirement to end or at the very least ease up, and there's just no end in sight and nobody's even having the discussion about when this is going to stop," Taylor said.

Taylor claimed school board members voiced concerns about students' social and mental health, but argues they don't recognize the social and mental consequences of the mask mandate itself.

Hijinx

It's way past time to stop with the freaking masks.
They need to find this guy Faucci a job where he knows what he is doing.
Probably changing the bed sheets in a hospital somewhere and let American get on with their lives without any more Covid BS.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It's way past time to stop with the freaking masks.
They need to find this guy Faucci a job where he knows what he is doing.
Probably changing the bed sheets in a hospital somewhere and let American get on with their lives without any more Covid BS.
The little piss ant needs to be tarred, feathered, and run out of town.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I had been wrong as often as him in my job I would have been fired long ago.
This is what you get when you allow people to vote, who have no stake in the game. They can vote for things that effect YOUR money. It's not theirs. My feelings are that if you don't pay taxes, you shouldn't have ANY say in how those taxes are used.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.", - Alexis de Tocqueville (in "Democracy in America")

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Experts Agree That Outdoor Post-Vaccination Masking Is Useless

The evidence is clear: COVID-19 is a disease that spreads when humans breathe, talk, laugh, and sing in each other's faces during close contact—particularly indoors, in poorly ventilated spaces. The outdoors, on the other hand, are associated with very little transmission. Moreover, the vaccinated are essentially immune from severe disease and death, and their odds of contracting the virus at all are very low. Their odds of spreading the disease are even lower. Vaccinated people who have incidental contact with other people outside are not going to spread the virus, and requiring people to mask up during such circumstances is pointless.
That's not a matter of opinion: It's the expert consensus. If you don't want to hear it, then you aren't listening to the science. Government policy makers take heed; it is long past time to end COVID-19 restrictions—especially the ones that aren't even serving any actual public health purpose.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The COVID Panic Mafia's Mask Fetish Just Went Up in Flames. MIT Researchers Torched It.

In the meantime, the narrative from the COVID panic peddlers and the liberal media about mask-wearing and social distancing took a hit with a new MIT study that says both are worthless. Oh, and the caps on indoors occupancy are also not backed up by science and keeping windows open, fans blowing, and overall fresh air circulating is just as good as a new filtration system. In other words, teachers’ unions really have no reason to stay home anymore (via CNBC):

The risk of being exposed to Covid-19 indoors is as great at 60 feet as it is at 6 feet — even when wearing a mask, according to a new study by Massachusetts Institute of Technology researchers who challenge social distancing guidelines adopted across the world.

“We argue there really isn’t much of a benefit to the 6-foot rule, especially when people are wearing masks,” Bazant said in an interview. “It really has no physical basis because the air a person is breathing while wearing a mask tends to rise and comes down elsewhere in the room so you’re more exposed to the average background than you are to a person at a distance.”

So, the occupancy rules are garbage. Fresh air and fans are just as effective as an expensive filtration system. The six-feet apart rule is ridiculous, and masks don’t protect you all that much. So, Fauci was wrong. The experts were wrong. But they’re so arrogant they cannot admit a mistake. They’ve taken a scared straight approach. Bill Maher actually offered a biting and rational commentary on how a) liberals are just as misinformed as the people they mock regarding this virus, and b) the experts opted not to give it to us straight which set us on this messaging mess that’s plagued us for a year. Yes, Maher made a pun about Trump and bleach, but he’s a comedian and a liberal. He’s bound to make a joke—but the overall message is clear: this isn’t the time to be mixing politics with the messaging on COVID. Fauci is a bureaucrat. The CDC director is a bureaucrat. They all have agendas. And they’re not gods. They’re not oracles. They were wrong. They’ve been wrong. And now they want us to live in fear because of variants. Sorry, the variants aren’t more lethal, so again they get a shovel to the face. We’re done. And you cannot tell us what we can and cannot do on the Fourth of July, doc. Your time is up. Shut up and let us reopen at will.

black dog

Free America
We went to Amazing Joes in Muncie for dinner last night, Had a great aged strip vuand not one mask was visible on the property.

Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MEANWHILE, BACK IN COVID-LAND

In the never-ending saga of Dr. Fauci’s white-coat supremacism over public policy, in which, to paraphrase Mussolini, the motto of Faucism might be “All within the CDC, nothing outside the CDC, nothing against the CDC,” we note the new study from MIT published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences which finds that the indoor six-foot distancing rule is not well-founded. To the contrary, the study found that there was about the same risk of catching COVID indoors at 60 feet as there is at six feet. Face masks and ventilation/air circulation are much more effective than social distancing.

The full study is very technical, but the authors offered this plain-English summary to CNBC:

“We argue there really isn’t much of a benefit to the 6-foot rule, especially when people are wearing masks,” Bazant said in an interview. “It really has no physical basis because the air a person is breathing while wearing a mask tends to rise and comes down elsewhere in the room so you’re more exposed to the average background than you are to a person at a distance.”

Meanwhile, the New York Times has a story out Friday purporting to prove that the U.S. death rate is the highest in a century because of COVID. The article is a case-study in the importance of statistical presentation—especially when put into graphic form. The first chart in the article seems to back up the headline:

WOW! Look at the 2020 spike! We’re all doomed! Thank God for Dr. Fauci!

But the matter begins to look different when you look at the second chart the Times included:

herb749

I read a comment about why people are not getting a vaccine. Why get one if I still have to wear a mask. Is there no confidence in this vaccine that I still have to wear one .?

I'm not buying the you can still be a carrier of it with being 99% safe from it with a vaccine. Can I carry it on a tiny part of my eye brow .? :razz: