Politics of The Mask

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former FDA Boss Tells CBS It’s Time to End Mask Mandates in 'Wholesale Fashion'

Noting that “COVID won't disappear” and “we're going to have to learn to live with it,” Gottlieb pointed out the fact that “the risk is substantially reduced as a result of vaccination, as a result of immunity that people have required there prior infection.”

And from there, he announced: “I think we’re at a point in time where we can start lifting these ordinances in a wholesale fashion. And people have to take precautions based on their individual risk.”

Gottlieb cited the science that said half the country was seeing 10 cases for every 100,000 people with 25 percent projected to be at five for 100,000 by the coming week. “So, we’re at the point where we can start lifting these ordinances and allowing people to resume normal activities. Certainly, outdoors we shouldn't be putting limits on gatherings anymore,” he declared. “I think we can start lifting these restrictions indoors as well on a broad basis.”

Dickerson followed up by asking his guest to help viewers calculate their own relative risk and the doctor noted that the science tells us that “you can start resuming normal activity” because of the high efficacy of the vaccines. “The data now does support that. So, we could start drawing some firm conclusions and basing our public health advice on that.”

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And from there, he announced: “I think we’re at a point in time where we can start lifting these ordinances in a wholesale fashion. And people have to take precautions based on their individual risk.”
At this point, Covid-19 is on par with every other flu virus out there. It is apparently here to stay, just like the other flu variants. You get a shot yearly or not. People might get sick and die, or not. Happens every year and has for many many years.

Time to get back to pre-Covid normality.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mask Hysteria

Time To End The Mask Idiocy

Here’s the thing – masks are stupid and are part of the bizarre virtue signaling theater that has infected our culture. From laughable security checks at airports to attempts to police language, our society has decided that it’s the presentation that matters and the reality, well, that’s racist or something.

Masks are silly, in general. The insane mask performance art rules governing them are even sillier. Walking through a restaurant, you must drape a towel over your lips. Sitting at your chair, not so much. Masks protect you in the big box stores of Dem corporate donors, but not in churches. And you must wear them outside too, unless you are that malignant dwarf Fauci at a baseball game. He doesn’t need to. Kids, who won’t catch it, must do it in schools to protect their useless public school teachers, who won’t teach anyway.

It’s all stupid, and I won’t play.

There are vaccines all over the place now. If you want one – and I don’t care if you do or you don’t get one – you can get one. And if you get one, the best information is that you won’t get the disease – which, incidentally, is not that bad in the first place if you are not within one of the high-risk categories. I know – I had it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Don Lemon Tells Liberals: ‘Believe In The Science,’ Take Off Your Mask

“This is real,” Lemon said on Monday night. “People are having trouble re-emerging into society after COVID-19 lockdowns.”

Why would anyone want to live in the “new normal”? Chris Cuomo blamed the narrative of continued coercion and control emanating from Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Biden administration’s CDC.

Cuomo: This messaging about the vaccine has not been good enough. They still make you feel like it’s not like every other vaccine that you’ve ever had in your life where, you may still get it, [but] you should still wear a mask; you can still have enough to be contagious; you can still spread it. You know, I get why people like your mom and my mom did not feel the confidence that we were supposed to have in getting this vaccine.
Lemon: Yes, messaging.
Cuomo: And I still don’t think they are allowing these numbers and the science to rule, and they are giving people vaccines even more latitude.
Lemon: Yes.

Lemon concluded by telling audience members who were afraid to leave the house: “You’ve got to believe in the science. You’ve got to believe in facts. And you’ve got to believe in reality.”

We welcome Don Lemon’s statement that facts don’t care about your feelings. We hope it informs the rest of his reporting. And we hope he gets to hug his mother soon.

Hey Dumb Ass ..... SCIENCE has been telling us for months MASKS And Social Distancing WAS USLESS for Preventing Covid Spread

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joe Biden Unveils His Big Distraction

Now, to be clear, the above guidance still spits in the face of science. There is no evidence that large outdoor gatherings like sporting events are dangerous. In fact, we have overwhelming data that shows spread is basically non-existent in those settings. The same is true for a variety of things listed above that non-vaccinated people are supposed to wear a mask for. In fact, the CDC’s own data pointedly shows that masks essentially don’t work, with them only finding a 1% chance in infections between masked mandated and non-mask mandated areas.

Regardless, this change in guidance is a sharp turn from where the CDC was just a few weeks ago.

That chart basically required vaccinated people to still wear masks in all situations. What changed? Absolutely nothing changed insofar as the science goes. We’ve known since the beginning that the vaccines are highly effective and that mask-wearing, to the extent it could ever be justified, was certainly no longer necessary. Rather, what this flip-flop was about is the current political dynamics we are facing.

Joe Biden and the Democrats sense the coming backlash. They are watching an economy that was on cruise control burn to the ground as inflation swallows any gains people have made. The Middle East is descending into a new round of chaos after a relative peace had settled under Donald Trump. Gas prices have shot up over 50% since Biden took office. People are hurting, and the pain is getting worse.

Partisanship only takes people so far, and you can only scream about the orange man or Liz Cheney for so long before people get sick of it and want real issues dealt with. Joe Biden is not capable of handling anything, much less the current malaise the country is sinking into. In fact, he’s the cause of it.

Hijinx

Joe Biden and the Democrats sense the coming backlash. They are watching an economy that was on cruise control burn to the ground as inflation swallows any gains people have made. The Middle East is descending into a new round of chaos after a relative peace had settled under Donald Trump. Gas prices have shot up over 50% since Biden took office. People are hurting, and the pain is getting worse.

Partisanship only takes people so far, and you can only scream about the orange man or Liz Cheney for so long before people get sick of it and want real issues dealt with. Joe Biden is not capable of handling anything, much less the current malaise the country is sinking into. In fact, he’s the cause of it.

Democrats other than the politicians they choose are getting sick of this mess too.
Who would ever believe that in 4 months they could do so much damage?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Republicans Question Timing of CDC Mask Announcement

“While the new mask guidance is encouraging, the CDC and my Far Radical Left colleagues only chose to do this to distract from the consequences of catastrophic policy decisions that have been heard around the world," said GOP Rep. Andy Biggs. "Inflation is rising, the Middle East is in shambles, the working class can’t fill up their gas tanks, our border is being overrun and the Biden Administration’s leadership is nowhere to be found."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I have a co-worker who started wearing a mask since the day it was announced that people should wear masks. Then she wore TWO masks the day after it was announced that people should double mask. In my office, she was the only one who worn one. She would wear it her entire 8 hours shift and as soon as it started loosening, she'd be tightening it. It took us all a hot minute today to realize that she isn't wearing her mask anymore because it was announced that masks weren't needed.

I can't imagine going through life not thinking for myself and doing what the TV/media tells me to do. So suddenly after a year and a half, the rest of us don't have Covid cooties anymore and she feels safe around us?? :rolleyes:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on new CDC guidelines: Need to 'rewire' myself to not see unmasked people as 'a threat'

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow said Thursday she would need to "rewire" herself to no longer look at unmasked people as a "threat" in response to relaxed federal guidelines for vaccinated persons.

"The ‘patience’ message is a good one, but I live just over the river where over half the adult population has been vaccinated for a long time," he tweeted. "You're just now coming around to the idea that someone without a mask may be responsible. And only because a federal agency said as much?"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats REFUSE To Remove Masks Following CDC Guidelines Over Fear Of Being Seen As Conservative. Democrat Eric Swalwell got into an altercation with a staffer for Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene after he said "Biden said you can take the mask off"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But It's Not Political, Right? David Hogg Says He'll Continue to Wear Masks Just so People Don't Think He's a 'Conservative'

Remember how the left kept telling everyone that mask wearing wasn’t a political statement? Well, when it rains it pours with activist and failed pillow entrepreneur David Hogg.

Hogg tweeted on Friday morning that despite the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) updated guideline that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks, the guy who only got into Harvard because of who he was rather than his qualifications says that he’ll continue to wear a mask because it’s “more than worth it” if people don’t think he’s a conservative for not wearing one.

Yeah, that’s an actual thing he thought was a good idea to tweet.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on new CDC guidelines: Need to 'rewire' myself to not see unmasked people as 'a threat'

Following months of criticism, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that vaccinated people could ditch masks in nearly all circumstances. While met with relief and calls like "it's about damn time" from Republicans like Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, some liberal figures fretted about the sudden shift.

"I feel like I'm going to have to rewire myself so that when I see someone out in the world who's not wearing a mask, I don't instantly think, ‘You are a threat,’" Maddow said. "Or you are selfish or you are a Covid denier and you definitely haven't been vaccinated. I mean, we're going to have to rewire the way that we look at each other."