Politics of The Mask

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Many of us are allowed to take off our masks: Why some of us don't want to

Masks have offered safety during unprecedented times. They were also divisive and often signaled to which political group you belonged, with studies showing that Republicans were less likely than Democrats to wear or believe in the efficacy of masks.

Wearing a mask meant you were adhering to the CDC and local mandates. The act of stripping off these masks will feel foreign and uneasy for some, and that reaction is not unexpected, experts say.

"Behaviors take time to implement and adopt. They also take time to un-adopt," says Abraar Karan, an internal medicine physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital. "Remember, it's not an on and off switch."

What a bunch of scared little bitches

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Don't Have That Mask-Burning Party Quite Yet

The CDC may have lifted it’s mask guidance for indoor and outdoor activity, but there is a whole slew of exceptions and the public health bureaucrats have left it up to individual states, companies, and places of employment to determine whether to require masks or not.

Hawaii will still require you to wear a mask while on the islands. Kroger grocery stores announced that their mask policy will remain unchanged. Many other cities and localities are reviewing the CDC guidelines before giving a green light to their subjects on whether they can ditch the mask.

You will still have to wear a mask on buses, trains, and planes. Hospitals and nursing homes, prisons, homeless shelters — all will still require that you wear a mask.

Hijinx

And since they can't check every single person coming thru the door, no one will wear a mask, vaccinated or not.

Who gives a damn. Those who are not vaccinated are allegedly not able to inflict Covid on those that are, if they want to take their own chances that is their problem.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And since they can't check every single person coming thru the door, no one will wear a mask, vaccinated or not.

and anyone wearing a mask is a virtue signaling progressive who does not want to be seen as a Conservative

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I am truly surprised at the number of people who are still masking in spite of the guidance, and the number of businesses still requiring masks.

Although, while many people walking around Solomons had masks, No One at the wine fest did. And they were packed in there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am truly surprised at the number of people who are still masking in spite of the guidance, and the number of businesses still requiring masks.

Although, while many people walking around Solomons had masks, No One at the wine fest did. And they were packed in there.
Did you see my Sistard?

I think the mandate to mask if inside and not able to social distance is still in effect. I spotted it on Facebook but didn’t snag it and now can’t get back to it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think the mandate to mask if inside and not able to social distance is still in effect. I spotted it on Facebook but didn’t snag it and now can’t get back to it.
If you are fully vaccinated, no longer applies unless the business mandates it.

TPD

the poor dad
According to our governor in Maryland the mask mandate is null and void unless in school, health care, or public transportation. Not sure why there has been so much confusion today.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
According to our governor in Maryland the mask mandate is null and void unless in school, health care, or public transportation. Not sure why there has been so much confusion today.
Wasn't the magic hour at 5pm?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I never read that And I asked some people who watched the press conference and they said they never heard that time either
I seem to recall that was always the witching hour when the rules would change.

TPD

the poor dad
I seem to recall that was always the witching hour when the rules would change.
Yeah that’s right - science!
I think hogan was backed into a corner with this once CDC changed its guidelines so he just said screw it let’s do it.