Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again, no, no

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
and the question is - how many of you will comply when a new mask mandate is put in place? I didn't play in the last round of this game and I will not play in the next round.
The "next round" has started. There was a Covid infection at my dad's assisted living home, so they went back to masking, cleaning and distancing protocols. Waiting for them to lock the doors.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The "next round" has started. There was a Covid infection at my dad's assisted living home, so they went back to masking, cleaning and distancing protocols. Waiting for them to lock the doors.
I was finally convinced that it was time to get the jab and was using CVS's website to sign up. I had everything (painstakingly) filled out and ready to submit and the website timed out due to inactivity. I was actually at the very last page to commit and it timed out as I was reading over the last disclaimer. I took that as a sign and closed the window.

Louise

I was finally convinced that it was time to get the jab and was using CVS's website to sign up. I had everything (painstakingly) filled out and ready to submit and the website timed out due to inactivity. I was actually at the very last page to commit and it timed out as I was reading over the last disclaimer. I took that as a sign and closed the window.

No jab is a great thing. I have not been jabbed. Do people really think that our communist politicians are getting the real jab? I think they are getting a B12 shot, or something else that is benign; because they know what’s up in trying to take US down, and kill US.; not to mention the World. Power is an ugly thing. I am tired of the fact that politicians think WE are all stupid sheep. They will find out that WE are not. The take over has been in progress for 60+ years, but the commies kept being stumped; by Reagan, Trump, etal. The person/people behind the curtain have now been identified. The Wizard of Oz comes to mind. God bless Judy Garland, and the USA. :patriot:

And, also, have not gotten the flu vax since 2004. I have not had the flu, since. Just a cold; now and then. Hmmm….

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Masking Up Is a Political Statement, Not Disease Prevention

Wearing a mask tells everyone that you are conspicuously following the advice of the CDC, Democrats, and other authoritarians. Ordinarily, no one would give a fig if you did. So the mask becomes an important self-justifying signal of support for an ideology.

What makes that so silly is how unnecessary it is.

Theoretically, if there are places in the country where vaccine rates are very low, people who obstinately refuse to become vaccinated might get some small benefit out of widespread mask usage. But in practice, people who don’t want to get the vaccine are unlikely to follow the other, more annoying mitigation strategies. On the contrary, the places that are most likely to reintroduce mask mandates and see widespread compliance are places where vaccination rates are very high.
Vaccination should not be thought of as just one tool among many: It is the tool. The masks are an insult to this life-saving, pandemic-crushing medical innovation.

Masks are also an insult to the intelligence of the American people. Forcing people to wear masks presupposes they’re too stupid to know how best to protect themselves and their families. This point of view is prevalent not just among leftists, but also elitists on the right.

The choice of whether or not to wear a mask or get the vaccine is a personal one. We don’t need protection from ourselves for any reason, even if some of us believe in nutty conspiracies and ludicrous science. Mask mandates need to be tossed on the rubbish pile of history and forgotten.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
St. Louis To Require Masks Indoors Again, Regardless Of Vaccination Status; State AG To File Lawsuit

Wildwood Mayor Jim Bowlin “also pledged to stop the mandate, saying he would use his own executive action to prevent enforcement of the mandate in the large west St. Louis County suburb. His executive action will also allow business and other gathering places to use parking lots and other adjacent spaces to do business to accommodate people without masks outside, he said on Facebook,” per St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Compromise Reached: Everyone Still Afraid Of COVID Will Be Locked Down, Everyone Else Will Live Lives As Normal

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CDC to reverse indoor mask policy, saying fully vaccinated people should wear them indoors in Covid hot spots

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to recommend Tuesday that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors again in places with high Covid-19 transmission rates, according to people familiar with the matter.

Federal health officials still believe fully vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of transmission, according to the sources. Still, some vaccinated people could be carrying higher levels of the virus than previously understood and potentially transmit it to others, they said.

The CDC is slated to hold a briefing at 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

The updated guidance comes ahead of the fall season, when the highly contagious delta variant is expected to cause another surge in new coronavirus cases and many large employers plan to bring workers back to the office. In mid-May, the CDC said fully vaccinated people didn’t need to wear masks in most settings, whether indoors or outdoors.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sorry Fauci, I Didn't Get Vaccinated to Keep Wearing a Mask

Yet, it feels like our government overlords aren’t happy when we’re not entirely submissive, and there’s a lot of talk about mask mandates being implemented again because of the Delta variant.

The foundation for bringing back the mandates has been laid for some time now. Last month, Joe Biden flat-out lied by claiming the Delta variant is deadlier than the original strain of the virus.

“Here’s the deal: The Delta variant is more contagious, it’s deadlier, and it’s spreading quickly around the world – leaving young, unvaccinated people more vulnerable than ever,” Biden tweeted. “Please, get vaccinated if you haven’t already. Let’s head off this strain before it’s too late.”

This is just not true. The Delta variant, while more contagious, has a significantly smaller case fatality ratio. For example, in the United Kingdom, approximately 95 percent of new cases are linked to the Delta variant, and new cases spiked to about 80 percent of peak levels, but there was no spike in COVID-19 deaths.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘It Isn’t Based In Science’: DeSantis’s Office Blasts CDC Over K-12 In-School Mask Guidelines

“It isn’t based in science. There is no indication that areas with mask mandates have performed any better than areas without mask mandates. In fact, this policy could actually backfire,” DeSantis press secretary Christina Pushaw told Fox News on Tuesday.

“Mandating masks for vaccinated people erodes public trust and confidence in the effectiveness of the vaccines. To me it appears that the government wants to be perceived as ‘doing something’ during a seasonal infection surge, even if their policy does not necessarily make people safer,'” Pushaw added.

TPD

the poor dad
I would bet $10 right now that mask mandates are coming back to Maryland within a month.I
I've seen more people wearing masks voluntarily in the last week so yeah - the messaging as far as making people scared is working.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Wal-Mart.com is selling these.

You think I won't wear it? Think again.

black dog

Free America
I would bet $10 right now that mask mandates are coming back to Maryland within a month.I
I've seen more people wearing masks voluntarily in the last week so yeah - the messaging as far as making people scared is working.

Like Vegas, I bet you see them starting this Friday night.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Newsom Pulls Kids From Camp After Photos Emerge Of Them Maskless

After members of the public noticed that the son of California Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom was photographed at his summer camp maskless with other maskless children, they harshly criticized Newsom for his hypocrisy, since California has implemented statewide guidance that children wear masks to camps regardless of whether they have been vaccinated or not.

After the photos of his son emerged, Newsom, who is facing a serious recall election, pulled his son out of the camp, The Sacramento Bee reported, adding, “Under the state’s guidelines, children’s camps must follow the same rules as schools.”