Politics of The Mask

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wouldn't she be immunocompromised with Influenza, Rhinoviruses, Staphs, Streps and other Coronaviruses as well?

Do they want everyone in masks in perpetuity?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mask Mandates Becoming Theater of the Absurd

“Regarding masks, there are only two options: They work. So, if you’re wearing one, who cares if I do? Or, they don’t. So, why make me wear one?!”

“The whole thing just drives me crazy,” Carter says.

“We’re living in a nightmare. It’s all about conditioning people to follow federal rules in the most intimate details of their lives, such as what we wear. I never thought I would see the United States mandate the wearing of an article of clothing, like the Arabs mandate the burka!”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Another Hysterical Study on Masking Kids in Schools Turns out to Be Absolutely Trash

This per MLive.
Schools without mask requirements have reported significantly more cases of COVID-19 among their students than those mandating masking, according to a recent analysis by the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health.
“Significantly more,” they proclaim with absolute confidence with just the right amount of hysteria. Yet, when you get into the numbers, they show the complete opposite is true. So, what are they? Well, they say in the next paragraph.
Districts that require masking for all grades have reported an average of less than 50 cases per 100,000 enrolled individuals in recent weeks, while districts with few to no mask rules have seen their average surpass 80 cases per capita.
Yes, you read that right. The great scientific finding here that proves masks are a worthy sacrifice for children is a difference of around 30 cases…per 100,000 children. In percentages, that’s 0.0005 percent vs. 0.0008 percent. To say that doesn’t even qualify as a rounding error is an understatement.

Schools are forcing muzzles on kids, creating learning difficulties, and possibly causing lasting mental and emotional problems in order to maybe avoid a difference of 0.0003 percent in infections. And remember, we are talking about a virus that is already less dangerous to children than the flu or riding in a car.

It’s hard for me to put into words how infuriating it is to see people spread this kind of garbage as an excuse to keep forcing masks on children in schools. And for what? To make adults suffering from hypochondria feel protected and virtuous when they are already vaccinated? The vaccines work, don’t they? The conflicting messages and willingness to use children as pawns are just gross. But you can expect these kinds of “studies” to continue. They’ve got a narrative to push, after all.

Hijinx

There is nothing stopping this child from wearing a mask in school.
Why should the other kids have to wear one?

Reactions: rio

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CDC Director Reaffirms Forcing Vaccinated Children to Remain Masked, Dodges Question on Vaccine Mandates

"After we have authorization from FDA and recommendations from CDC, we will be working to scale up pediatric vaccination. That said, it will take some time. And as I just noted, as we head into these winter months, we know we cannot be complacent," the director said. "We are going to continue to recommend masks in all schools for all people in those schools, and we will look forward to scaling up pediatric vaccination during this period of time."

The following day, Katie also covered remarks from Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who said the data that children need to be masked is "very weak," saying that it is so weak "is a fact."

Gov. Ron DeSantis' (R-FL) executive order against schools issuing mask mandates is tied up in the courts, though a judge is set to decide soon. Schools are considering easing their mask mandates as cases drop, which they have been doing significantly in Florida.

The governor had issued his executive order in late July after consulting with experts in the field.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Judge tosses Florida school districts' lawsuit over mask mandate ban

In a 22-page decision Friday, an administrative law judge ruled that officials from six counties failed to prove that the ban was “an invalid exercise of delegated legislative authority.”

In a statement, the Florida Department of Health hailed the ruling as “yet another victory for parent’s rights.”

"At this point, the courts have been entirely clear: All school districts must come into compliance with the law and honor parental rights to make decisions for their children," the statement said.

The ruling is the latest in a months-long battle between school districts and the state which has resulted in some districts losing hundreds of thousands of dollars over their masking protocols.

School officials from Alachua, Broward Miami-Dade, Leon and Duval counties filed the lawsuit in October over the masking rules that took effect in September after Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) signed an executive order allowing parents to choose whether their children should wear masks to school.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CDC is Indeed Back to Demanding Americans Wear Masks, and Americans Are Tired of It

"The evidence is clear," Dr. Walensky insists. "Masks can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by reducing your chance of infection by more than 80 percent." It doesn't just apply to the Wuhan coronavirus though, but the flu and even the common cold. "In combination with other steps, like getting your vaccination, hand-washing, and keeping physical distance, wearing your mask is an important step you can take to keep us all healthy."

Many questioned where the 80 percent claim was coming from. One study that cites the 80 percent figure from was reported on right around the start of the pandemic, and before vaccines were available. Chris Westfall, in his article for Forbes from May 12, 2020 cites "research and scientific models from UC Berkley’s International Computer Science Institute and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology."

And, when it comes to vaccines, while testifying before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions, Walensky couldn't even tell Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA), who is also a medical doctor, how many CDC employees have been vaccinated.

That is a Bald Faced Lie ......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten was caught removing her mask at the 2021 SOMOS conference in Puerto Rico, a violation of the local mask mandate, because she believed attendees were having trouble hearing her.

Weingarten previously advocated for "universal masking" in schools, arguing back in August that such a policy would be the safest way to both protect children and keep schools open.

But on Friday, she was seen maskless at the annual event with other panelists in photos shared to social media by a concerned parent, who questioned whether proof of vaccination was required since it appeared that a masking requirement was not enforced.

TPD

the poor dad
At the grocery store yesterday, 50-75% of customers were masked. All employees were masked. Can't believe people are still going along with this big lie

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Every time I walk past a mask wearer at any store, I always think to myself, "cuck". Especially if it's a man. These days it's extremely easy to spot a pussy of a self neutered man, they are the one's wearing face diapers. I usually give them the stink eye as I walk past.