Poll/Over 50 spinoff...

GregV814

You never know where one post will end up. You can start with "A" and end up at hubcaps on a 1949 Nash.....

There are high school re-unions going on now. Mine was this weekend. I didnt attend this one and it was a biggy.

But it made me recall a few things. In our own minds BACK THEN, we were non-conformists... In unison, we rejected our parents lifestyles, values, our Government, etc...

Def-in-ate-ly. Yup, in our Dingo boots, boot cut Levis, scraggly attempts at a mustache, 8 track, quardra fonic stereo, listening to Harvey Moore WPGC or Damien on WHFS, women with braided hair and granny glasses....Yup, non-conforming....in unison... we were gonna change the world...

Now look at these Gen Z unified youngsters and their purple hair, non-sexual identities....DISGUSTING!!!

Where's the keys to my Oldsmobile?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Makes me wonder...does anyone even re-sole shoes anymore?
If they own Red Wing boots.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I really miss my Dingos... wore out 2 sets of soles.
Dingo boots...cuffs in my Levis...8" long leather wallet sticking half out of my back pocket, with a chain connected to a belt loop...2" wide leather watch band with studs...old 1950s USMC field shirt with the sleeves cut off. Pioneer seed corn hat with the bill rolled tight. Mullet to my shoulders. Did I cut a picture of male perfection or what??

Grumpy

Dingo boots...cuffs in my Levis...8" long leather wallet sticking half out of my back pocket, with a chain connected to a belt loop...2" wide leather watch band with studs...old 1950s USMC field shirt with the sleeves cut off. Pioneer seed corn hat with the bill rolled tight. Mullet to my shoulders. Did I cut a picture of male perfection or what??
gee, you're starting to sound like Greg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That was my attire when I was in the young rebel motorcycle phase, but I didn't have the 8" wallet. didn't have anything to put it it, so why bother? :lol:

Only to be replaced by the 60's phase of afro hair, sandals, flowered bell bottoms and nehru shirts with real cuff links.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That gitup mighta got ya an arse whoopin' back where I grew up. Or allegedly grew up...
Where I grew up, I'd get the ass whuppin' for NOT wearing it, and a whuppin' for wearing the boots and denim.

Peace Love Dove. Hell No, We Won't Go (changed to Hell No, We Won't Glow for protest of the local nuke...).

GregV814

No, I was in a cultural transition. In Junior high, we had ban-Lons, "works" pants, high top chucks and 3 bottles of Vitalis in your hair...And that was the girls!!! You had to have Marlboro "box" in your socks!! Mandated...

But, High school, we evolved to the Eagles, "take care" was the only verbiage allowed, , a bandana wrapped on your leg, and Woodstock. Led Zeppelin at the Cap Center....No, we had to "change our redneck ways"... get back Honkey Cat...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
No, I was in a cultural transition. In Junior high, we had ban-Lons, "works" pants, high top chucks and 3 bottles of Vitalis in your hair...And that was the girls!!! You had to have Marlboro "box" in your socks!! Mandated...

But, High school, we evolved to the Eagles, "take care" was the only verbiage allowed, , a bandana wrapped on your leg, and Woodstock. Led Zeppelin at the Cap Center....No, we had to "change our redneck ways"... get back Honkey Cat...
It wasn't Vitalis it was Dippity-Do

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
More than likely you will have to find one that you would mail your boots/shoes to. 100 years ago there were over 100,000 cobblers, today I bet there aren't 5,000.
My dad's paternal grandfather was a cobbler as was my maternal grandfather.

I grew up helping Papa and Nonnie in the shop. He had his machines and work benches in the back half, Nonnie sold new in the front.
By the time they retired and sold the business in the late 80's, had been serving the community for a little over 50 years.
I learned how to be a merchant from them, instead of a salesman.

mitzi

are you the person who sat behind me in Ms. Johnson's class and wore your Moms cologne?? AND made fun of me because I DIDNT have embroidered name and a heart on my jacket???? I KNEW it.

:killingmeMy name wasn't on mine either. Styles sure got better in high school.