POLL: What impact does "the bridge" have on your decision to do business in the other county

Do bridge closures affect your decision on where you will go?

• NO

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Hell Yes, you can't get me on that bridge

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

BernieP

Resident PIA
For those living in the portions of St. Mary's and Calvert Counties that are near the Thomas Johnson Bridge.
Do you consider traffic delays, either planned or accidents, on the bridge in making a decision on where you will go shopping and dining out?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I live in Calvert and rarely go over to St Mary's so it really doesn't matter to me. Husband on the other hand works over there so closures affect him often.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I live in Calvert and rarely go over to St Mary's so it really doesn't matter to me. Husband on the other hand works over there so closures affect him often.

I didn't ask IF you came, I asked if the bridge affected your decision.

This was posted in response to the alert on the news this morning that the bridge will be restricted to one lane over the weekend.

I was more interested in the impact to local businesses. For example, if you lived on the Calvert side, would you consider going to say dinner and a movie on the St. Mary's side BUT are concerned that there is either a planned (like Sunday) or accidental closure of the bridge.

Not are you a shut in and hate the other county so much you'd sue over the air they breathe.

I like to leave for travel north very early in the AM, like 1-2AM. That's prime time for closures and kind of annoying. One time I had the bike in the trailer, got stopped at the bridge. Had to detour up 5 to 231. Not convenient, added significant time, but I really don't have an issue with periodic inspections. I'd rather be inconvenienced a little bit than have serious bridge issues.

So, yes, it impacts my decision on travel times.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I didn't ask IF you came, I asked if the bridge affected your decision.

This was posted in response to the alert on the news this morning that the bridge will be restricted to one lane over the weekend.

I was more interested in the impact to local businesses. For example, if you lived on the Calvert side, would you consider going to say dinner and a movie on the St. Mary's side BUT are concerned that there is either a planned (like Sunday) or accidental closure of the bridge.

Not are you a shut in and hate the other county so much you'd sue over the air they breathe.

Sorry. Didn't know the stick up your butt was shoved up so far. I will move along.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't live there, but am surrounded by long, major bridges in the Tampa Bay area. Heck, yes - any disclosure of planned traffic interruptions on any bridge should affect one's plans to travel via that bridge for any reason, business, recreation, etc. If it doesn't, than you are just plain stupid, and deserve to sit in traffic and bemoan your dashed plans.

Last edited: