Polox practice in Calvert County

crpc

Polox practice in Calvert County--Wednesday

Open Polocrosse practices in Calvert County at 6 pm.

Practices are hosted at Hampton Farm (across from Northern High School) and all are welcomed. Xtreme Polocrosse will be on site to sell racquets to all who want them. Otherwise we have some we can lend out.

Come one come all....

Practices to follow on August 6th and 13th at 6 pm.

All horses of any breed can play this game. We have riding members age 4 to 62 in this club---and all of them enjoy the sport at different levels.

Last edited:

Robin

Practices are hosted at Hampton Farm (across from Northern High School) and all are welcomed. Xtreme Polocrosse will be on site to sell racquets to all who want them. Otherwise we have some we can lend out.

Come one come all....

All horses of any breed can play this game. We have riding members age 4 to 62 in this club---and all of them enjoy the sport at different levels.

Wow they are fun. Just went to a tourney in Pa a month ago.

ablondebarnbabe

:cheesy:Oh great, I talked to people from Xtreme Polocrosse at horse science school, but never followed up with calling.
So you just show up? Anything to come armed with?

And is practice today?

crpc

Hmmm--You were at Bucks? That is great. Who'd you go with?

Yes--just show up. I am part of Bay Area Polocrosse Club who put on the demo. Xtreme Polocrosse is a company that sells racquets...(and are great friends of ours)

The two (club and company) work hand in hand to promote the sport.

here is a news clip to get you all started if you don't know about it.

MyFox Washington DC | Holly Morris: Polocrosse

Blond babe...I will be here another hour. PM me and I'll get you directions

Robin

Hmmm--You were at Bucks? That is great. Who'd you go with?

Yes--just show up. I am part of Bay Area Polocrosse Club who put on the demo. Xtreme Polocrosse is a company that sells racquets...(and are great friends of ours)

The two (club and company) work hand in hand to promote the sport.

here is a news clip to get you all started if you don't know about it.

MyFox Washington DC | Holly Morris: Polocrosse

Blond babe...I will be here another hour. PM me and I'll get you directions

I went to watch my daughters fiance. Spring Valley Farm. I got to hang out a little with Lynn

crpc

Spring Valley--THe Thompsons

Jeff is a very good player. THey must have had a play day or a practice cause the tourney was at Bucks. Spring Valley is in 10 days at the Thompson's farm.

(how was the footing at the farm? last year it was pretty rocky.)

Robin

Spring Valley--THe Thompsons

Jeff is a very good player. THey must have had a play day or a practice cause the tourney was at Bucks. Spring Valley is in 10 days at the Thompson's farm.

(how was the footing at the farm? last year it was pretty rocky.)

No were at bucks county jonestown? I think

Eventer29

LOL coincidence. I just bought a couple play raquets from a "dollar store" in OC thinking ohh fun a game we could likely play on horse back. I'll have to make it out and see what PoloX is all about. It sounds like fun. We have tried a slightly tamed down version of polo using soccer balls and sticks with wood blocks attached and our horses pretty much tolerate anything. About how much to the raquets cost?

crpc

blondebabe--Looks like your horsey took to the game quite well. I am a bit sad that my pony would rather be in a field.

eventer--come and join us. it is a lot of fun. the next two practices are right across the street from Northern Highschool. Wednesday August 6/13 at 6 pm.

lots of fun.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I'd love to come watch crpc. Plus, I'd finally get to meet you. I'm going to be out of town on Aug. 6th, but will try to get up there on the 13th.

We are spending a few days up at my Mom's and going to the Howard County Fair. It is always nice to get back to my old stomping grounds. Plus, my Mom wants to take the little guys to ride in the Tuesday show at the fair.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm

Come one come all....

How do I get to Hampton Farm from Rt4 and Rt 231 intersection? My friend and I will be there:yahoo:

crpc

Yea BZ.

Your little ones might like this!

P-4N to Chaneyville Road. Left on Chaneyville road. The HS will be on the left; the road right after will be Flint Hill. Make that right and the farm is on the Right.

bosox

hope this helps the newbies...

Bay Area Polocrosse

bay area is the club

xtreme polocrosse is the company

xtreme goes out and shows the equiptment at trade shows,,,and sells to members of the local clubs and national clubs---but bay area is what you join to be a member to play at tournaments, etc.

hope that helps.

ablondebarnbabe

When will there be practice after Wednesday? I won't make it then because I have a riding lesson already. The two weeks after that I have driver's ed, will there be any weekend practices at all?
Also, I was wondering if my Dad could go to the practice tomorrow to buy that a racket and ball so I can try to practice on my own. Or is a racket something not to buy without feeling the length?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
P-4N to Chaneyville Road. Left on Chaneyville road. The HS will be on the left; the road right after will be Flint Hill. Make that right and the farm is on the Right.

Oops! When you get on Chaneyville Rd from Route 4 you'll make a LEFT after Northern High/Middle School on to Flint Hill Rd. and then Hampton is the first driveway on the right.

You can park like everyone else, it's a through driveway so you don't have to worry about backing in or turning around. :)

crpc

Saturday at 10

will be another practice if anyone who couldn't make the weekday practices is interested.

We are going to stick w/Wednesdays for the next several weeks.

Eventer29

We'll be there wednesday. not sure how many of us, at least the 3 we had last time, but might have a couple extras to either ride or watch.