Pony Possibly for sale... help though

IntegritysDream

Ok the reason why this isnt in the "classifieds" section is because i dont know for sure yet if i am ready to sell my pony. But i was wondering if this sounds totally dumb..
ok well;
I need to sell my pony because i want to get something bigger, which isnt a big deal for some people, but im really attached to him, and i was the first person since he was young (hes 10 now) that has really gave him love and attention and hes finally started trusting me and we have a strong bond. And well when i got him, before i relized that if i want to compete at bigger shows and everything, well i promised him that i wouldnt ever sell him, and this probably sounds totally silly, but in my heart i feel like if i sell him, im letting him down, or ill break his heart... It might just be so hard because hes my first pony, and well, ive been through a lot myself and we kinda have the same story ..... BUT i was thinking, maybe if i sold him to someone locally, sort-of cheep (only because hed go to a good home), to someone who wants a kids pony or something, that had extra space in their barns/heart for him, i could still come ride him and see him and maybe show him sometimes and keep him in line for the little kid that will own him (like school him and all for free) what do yall think? do i sound totally dumb? PM me if POSSIBLY interested.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
your better off with a lease then... i guess i really havent had this problem, because if the horse/pony isnt a bother my parents will keep them forever. Its hard because when i want to break/train a horse i want to sell them after i'm done so i can do it ALL over again, but either/or of my parents have a reason to stay. My fist pony stayed with us untill she died, crazy little thing she was only two years older then me so she was crazy and young. But my parents never felt the need to sell her, because they broke her and she was a part of are family. Dont get me wrong when i out grew her( she was like 12h) i wanted to give her to a loving home, but it never happened because her asthma was so bad that no one wanted to kepp mantince. I think i would have still used her if she didnt have the breathing problem, i was going to train her to pull a cart, but like i said asthma.

You board dont you? I guess that is why you cant keep him? By the way sometimes people want kids ponies and they would trade a horse for it, never know someone might have a horse right for you! But like i said see if you can lease him instead of selling, that way you have a reason to check up on him, and if you dont like how the people treat him you can take him back and place him some where else.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Ok the reason why this isnt in the "classifieds" section is because i dont know for sure yet if i am ready to sell my pony. But i was wondering if this sounds totally dumb..
ok well;
I need to sell my pony because i want to get something bigger, which isnt a big deal for some people, but im really attached to him, and i was the first person since he was young (hes 10 now) that has really gave him love and attention and hes finally started trusting me and we have a strong bond. And well when i got him, before i relized that if i want to compete at bigger shows and everything, well i promised him that i wouldnt ever sell him, and this probably sounds totally silly, but in my heart i feel like if i sell him, im letting him down, or ill break his heart... It might just be so hard because hes my first pony, and well, ive been through a lot myself and we kinda have the same story ..... BUT i was thinking, maybe if i sold him to someone locally, sort-of cheep (only because hed go to a good home), to someone who wants a kids pony or something, that had extra space in their barns/heart for him, i could still come ride him and see him and maybe show him sometimes and keep him in line for the little kid that will own him (like school him and all for free) what do yall think? do i sound totally dumb? PM me if POSSIBLY interested.

I can totally understand because I am the same way with my horses/ponies. Is he super child safe for trails?:howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I would have said lease also, but needing the money to purchase a horse that wouldn't work. When you sell the pony have a First Right of Refusal should the new owner want to sell the pony you would have the option of buying him back. Selling one mount to move up to another is always hard. Unfortunately, it is the fact of life for many horse owners and you aren't the only one in this boat. I'm sure you will find him a nice next home. :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I would have said lease also, but needing the money to purchase a horse that wouldn't work. When you sell the pony have a First Right of Refusal should the new owner want to sell the pony you would have the option of buying him back. Selling one mount to move up to another is always hard. Unfortunately, it is the fact of life for many horse owners and you aren't the only one in this boat. I'm sure you will find him a nice next home. :howdy:

BZ do you much about this pony??

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
ok well;

What???? By the way, my friend, that is the longest sentence I have ever read!:lmao: You can still call my cell and chat with me about it if you want too. Good luck with your decision.

ElliesMom

a lot of people free lease a pony to friends. What it is: the pony goes to a good home where it will be loved and worked w/ and you still technically own it. But the person who has it pays all expenses such as feed, medical and ferrier. Its like sharing a good horse/pony. Make sure and make a contract though, even between friends.

I know personally I am looking for a good free lease pony for my kids, but my husband gets cranky about the prospect.

In the end hopefully you make another friend too.

IntegritysDream

About the trails thing, when i took him on a trail the few times i did, he was good, BUT we were with other horses. He doesnt like water though, he will go over bridges wood ect, but he doesnt like water. If its small like a creek, he will prolly jump or step over it, but if its bigger and he has no choice, he will go trough it. He will go through puddles if you make him, he would rather just go around them haha. Yeah i dunno. I just dont know if weve reached our goals with each otehr yet and if its the right time, or if i should wait a little bit, or i just dunno. OK sadie ill call you :lmao: i just want something bigger, but i dont know if im really ready yet.

ibarrelwitharab

Don't EVER be a breedist!
So, sorry to sound abrupt, but why do you need something bigger? Have you grown out of him because he is not able to jump as high as you want or is he really tiny(like 12hh), and you have physically outgrown him? I guess I ask this because I ride a 14.2 Arabian and I am 5'7" 140lbs (when not preggers) and I would never dream of selling my boy because I have "outgrown" him. Not a sermon, just a thought lol!!

IntegritysDream

I dont <i>want</i> to sell him, but i have to in order to get a new horse. I havent quite outgrown him (show wise) yet, but i really want to do A and B rated shows and shows like Fox Chase and all that, and i just dont think it is fair to expect him to do that because he is a really nice pony, and very attractive, but just not enough for that and i want a bigger project. And if i could, i would in aheart beat free lease him or full lease him, but like i said, then id be out of a horse, and wouldnt have enough money to pay for another. But i dont think im gonna sell him justttt yet, we still got some more canter work to do. But maybe.. just maybe.. if i found someone who would let me lease to buy a new horse, then i could in that case, full lease indy out with a 2 year contract, so i would be gurenteed the $ to pay for the new horse, like the money i got for him, would go to the horse i was leasing to buy if that makes since. that would be AMAZING in that case. And like bording really inst a issue, cause if worse comes to worse, i could put indy at a cheep self care place, and take care of him myself or just free lease him out, its more of the fact that in order to pay for another horse, i gotta sell him which is really hard. I wish i had my own farm =( hey sadie, want a pony ? :lmao: justttt kidding!!

IntegritysDream

Hmmm....what type of prospect are you looking for and how old is said pony???

i dunno really, something that doesnt rear or take off, but is between 15.2-16.3 hands that would exceel as a eq. hunter horse that has personality is sweet healthy ect. nice mover, nice form over fences, talent, Gelding pref. (nothing agaist mares, just i want to keep him where i keep my pony, and theres only geldings there) and cute :smiles:

Indy is 9 turning 10 or 10. He was born in 98, dont know exact date.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
but i really want to do A and B rated shows and shows like Fox Chase and all that, and i just dont think it is fair to expect him to do that

Totally off subject...I used to board at Fox Chase in Middleburg. Their shows are nice. I hope you get to go to one.