Poo Pumper

Homer J

Power Chord
Does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced septic tank service?

I had Copsey's pump out the tank several years ago. Contacted them to have it done again and now they say the cap has to be exposed. They dug it up last time, and I don't know exactly where to dig.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We just had ours done a few weeks ago. Called in the.morning, and they arrived about three hours later. Fair price, and I'd definitely use them again.

Cullison's - 301-994-7002

phreddyp

Does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced septic tank service?

I had Copsey's pump out the tank several years ago. Contacted them to have it done again and now they say the cap has to be exposed. They dug it up last time, and I don't know exactly where to dig.
Brothers Johnson is great I have used them numerous times. They do charge for finding the pump out spot though

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Brothers Johnson is great I have used them numerous times. They do charge for finding the pump out spot though
That seems reasonable. I would mark it with a stone or something that fits in the landscape. Unfortunately, mine gets a pump out every couple of years, so that isn't an issue. My guy knows where it is.

phreddyp

I have my pump outs exposed on all my houses makes it easy to see if they need pumping . The 2 or 3 years rule seems a little excessive to me .

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have my pump outs exposed on all my houses makes it easy to see if they need pumping . The 2 or 3 years rule seems a little excessive to me .
Our drainfield was put in in the late 60s and only the tank was replaced in the 80s. Three years is about the max it can go.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Larry Hills in Great Mills
Wayne's Drains. (301) 884-5592.

It's my experience that these guys all work together. Wayne is my 'goto' service, but I had an emergency and he could not be there. His office called around and got Hills to cover it.

When I had my issue, they had to dig to uncover the cap. It was an option, not mandatory, that a plastic ground-level cap be installed. I had one done anyway, it was a couple hundred dollars plus the pump out. This is going back about 7 years.

PeoplesElbow

I know someone that lived out in the middle of nowhere that used his backhoe, buried an old car and ran the poop pipe into the car. He said it was 8 years before he had to replace it.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
We just had ours done a few weeks ago. Called in the.morning, and they arrived about three hours later. Fair price, and I'd definitely use them again.

Cullison's - 301-994-7002
You are the bestest.
They are coming out here on Monday.
And they dig for the lids ($75/ft + $350 pump out)
Thank you.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I just had mine done by Copsey's and this was the first year that I had to dig for the pump out. I was advised that I should put risers on my dual chamber tank but that will have to wait until my next pump out in 4-5 years.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just had mine done by Copsey's and this was the first year that I had to dig for the pump out. I was advised that I should put risers on my dual chamber tank but that will have to wait until my next pump out in 4-5 years.
I was told the same thing about installing risers, but in my situation the septic tank is in my front yard and I was told that the riser lids need to be above ground (County code?).
Nope, that would be an eye sore.
I would dig it up myself, like in the past, but with my recent health issue I am going to pass.

ontheriver

I use Eugene Copsey. An honest man. My tank is also in the front yard. I have a riser. It is low profile. Barely noticeable and you could easily hide it. Pavers with a few flowers.
I was told the same thing about installing risers, but in my situation the septic tank is in my front yard and I was told that the riser lids need to be above ground (County code?).
Nope, that would be an eye sore.
I would dig it up myself, like in the past, but with my recent health issue I am going to pass.