Poor Jobs Report .... Sadly for Democrats and the media, the U.S. economy is not going to cooperate with their political strategy.

officeguy

Terrible news.

Bbut 'you didn't build that!' Obama did !

Funny how everything bad that happened on his watch was Bushes fault and everything good that happens since he is gone is still his doing. Magic !

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes, those 590K people the OP stated are now added to the total workforce bringing it up to 157.9M. Additionally and separately, there were 130K new jobs added to the available pool of jobs. These two figures (590K and 130K} are talking about two different subjects.

Oopsee. Poor Boss.

BOP

Terrible news.

Bbut 'you didn't build that!' Obama did !

Funny how everything bad that happened on his watch was Bushes fault and everything good that happens since he is gone is still his doing. Magic !
Welp, Bobo was the Magic Negro.

The Boss

Yes, those 590K people the OP stated are now added to the total workforce bringing it up to 157.9M. Additionally and separately, there were 130K new jobs added to the available pool of jobs. These two figures (590K and 130K} are talking about two different subjects.
No, don't think so but it was just an observation.

This_person

Labor participation is the only metric that matters. The 'unemployment rate' is near meaningless.
I'm not sure if it is the "only" one, or that unemployment rate is meaningless, but they sure do need to be looked at together. We rarely talk labor participation rate, and it IS very important.

officeguy

I'm not sure if it is the "only" one, or that unemployment rate is meaningless, but they sure do need to be looked at together. We rarely talk labor participation rate, and it IS very important.

The unemployment rate doesn't count many workers who are looking and it contains plenty of workers who are not looking until 'this years UI' runs out.
I have hired plenty employees, none of them ever affected the official unemployment numbers as they were never recorded as 'seeking' with the labor office. Labor participation is not fraught with that issue.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
thatsasalt :whistle:
I'm sure you have to wear one of these..so you'll be a'ight...