Pope Says Virus Is Nature's Response to the Climate Crisis

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh, put a sock in it, Francis.

Pope Francis is certainly not letting a planetary crisis go to waste. He is trying to piggyback the religion of climate change on the back of the coronavirus pandemic.

MSNNews:

"We did not respond to the partial catastrophes. Who now speaks of the fires in Australia, or remembers that 18 months ago a boat could cross the North Pole because the glaciers had all melted? Who speaks now of the floods?" the Pope said.

"I don't know if these are the revenge of nature, but they are certainly nature's responses," he added.
Huh? What? Have the glaciers all melted? Why didn't you wake me up? That would have been pretty cool to watch.

For the record, you cannot cross the North Pole. Climate scientists are predicting that by 2050, it might be possible to "sail over the North Pole," but not now, or 18 months ago, or 18 months from now.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/pope-says-virus-is-natures-response-to-the-climate-crisis/

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Oh, put a sock in it, Francis.

Pope Francis is certainly not letting a planetary crisis go to waste. He is trying to piggyback the religion of climate change on the back of the coronavirus pandemic.

MSNNews:

Huh? What? Have the glaciers all melted? Why didn't you wake me up? That would have been pretty cool to watch.

For the record, you cannot cross the North Pole. Climate scientists are predicting that by 2050, it might be possible to "sail over the North Pole," but not now, or 18 months ago, or 18 months from now.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/pope-says-virus-is-natures-response-to-the-climate-crisis/

Gawd. :rolleyes:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Francis is an idiot. The majority of my fellow parishoners feel the same way and cannot wait for him to be replaced. Unfortunately there will never be another JPII.

UglyBear

In a weird convoluted way, he is not wrong to relate the two issues. Except he as usual confuses correlation with causation.

Almost all of the problems in the news are because of overpopulation -- global temp increase correlates very closely to human population numbers, and the Kung Flu was able to spread so fast because of population density (and travel times) -- more hosts to spread.
"Refugees", food and water shortages, school overcrowding, and minimum wage -- again -- results of overpopulation.

But the Pope is not about to start lecturing either his flock, the Third World Catholics, or the muslims to stop breeding like rabbits. Until he does, his lectures are moot.

Last edited:

jrt_ms1995

In a weird convoluted way, he is not wrong to relate the two issues. Except he as usual confuses correlation with causation.

Almost all of the problems in the news are because of overpopulation -- global temp increase correlates very closely to human population numbers, and the Kung Flu was able to spread so fast because of population density (and travel times) -- more hosts to spread.
"Refugees", food and water shortages, school overcrowding, and minimum wage -- again -- results of overpopulation.

But the Pope is not about to start lecturing either his flock, the Third World Catholics, or the muslims to stop breeding like rabbits. Until he does, his lectures are moot.
What you meant, right?