Popeye K showing on Sunday in Culpepper

spellbound

I just happened to stumble on his Trainer's report on the hitsshows.com site and I discovered that Popeye K is going in the Adult Hunters on Sunday, clases 82 and 83, 3rd and 4th classes in Hunter 2. I was hoping to make it up to see the Grand Prix in the afternoon but I don't know if I'll be able to get there early enough to see his classes. Hubby will be with me all day Sunday and talking him into staying all day at a horse show is like pulling teeth.

BZ will you go for me and take photos?

BrookValley

Popeye K. :drool: I have a mare that wants a date with him sooooo badly....'cause I want a baby Bay with white socks up to it's ears!!

And, oh yeah, if its knees went up to its ears when it jumped, like daddy, that'd be mighty cool, too. :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
If BZ is on the ball you won't have to go far to make that happen. :whistle:

I'd say it is a pretty strong possibility he will be showing at the Capital Challenge. Spellbound when your at the show tomorrow can you check into that.:whistle::howdy::lmao: Boy he sure would make pretty babies with my girl Willow.:yahoo:

fredsaid2

I'd say it is a pretty strong possibility he will be showing at the Capital Challenge. Spellbound when your at the show tomorrow can you check into that.:whistle::howdy::lmao: Boy he sure would make pretty babies with my girl Willow.:yahoo:

You're stomping all over my dream.....

BZHorseMomE

You're stomping all over my dream.....

Hey I can only afford to board one. Maybe the baby could come live with you when it is time to wean. You board with Spellbound and myself doing the training? :whistle: Then again if I would breed my new mare in the future it wouldn't be for a few years. One she is to young and two I'm having to much fun training her:yahoo:

Wonder how selective they are who he breeds to?

fredsaid2

Hey I can only afford to board one. Maybe the baby could come live with you when it is time to wean. You board with Spellbound and myself doing the training? :whistle: Then again if I would breed my new mare in the future it wouldn't be for a few years. One she is to young and two I'm having to much fun training her:yahoo:

Wonder how selective they are who he breeds to?

He can come live w/ me. Pony can live under the overhang. :smile:

covekat

I dont think they are too picky... I had a WB mare at the farm over the winter, and she had been bred to him (lost the foal)... she was big and pretty, but with a club foot and not so great legs (crooked)...

I was seriously thinking about breeding one of my younger (6) BM's to him... but I would have had to skip a year to get her back on track with a TB (too late in the year)... decided not to do it, instead I am giving her to a friend, hopefully she will be her next upper level Event horse!

BZHorseMomE

I dont think they are too picky... I had a WB mare at the farm over the winter, and she had been bred to him (lost the foal)... she was big and pretty, but with a club foot and not so great legs (crooked)...

I was seriously thinking about breeding one of my younger (6) BM's to him... but I would have had to skip a year to get her back on track with a TB (too late in the year)... decided not to do it, instead I am giving her to a friend, hopefully she will be her next upper level Event horse!

Since his stud fee is $2,500 with live foal guaranteed what did they do for you since the WB mare lost the foal? That is a chunk of change with no guarantees.:otter:

covekat

I didnt ask what PK's people did, the mare had lost the foal before she came to our farm... usually if it's LFG you just dont pay....In the TB world we dont pay the stud fee untill after the foal stands and nurses.

I'm not sure if they ask for the $750 booking fee or not... I'll have to do a little digging!