Popping smoke

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We always get our Angus cut for ribeye steaks instead of the prime rib roasts. This year's animal was delivered to the butcher on Monday, in fact.

The best "store bought" prime ribs I've ever laid my hands on actually came from the base commissary. Go figure.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The best "store bought" prime ribs I've ever laid my hands on actually came from the base commissary. Go figure.
I got a gift card from Nick's for my bday and it's not enough to cover a bottle of Yellow Spot Irish whiskey so I figured what the hell.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The best "store bought" prime ribs I've ever laid my hands on actually came from the base commissary.
I've gotten a few steaks around here labeled as 'prime', but they were nothing of the sort. I've had much better lower grade meats.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've gotten a few steaks around here labeled as 'prime', but they were nothing of the sort. I've had much better lower grade meats.
I might have gotten something better than the average stuff because my buddy that got it for me every year worked in the kitchen at the old O-club and was responsible for acquiring and cooking the prime rib they served there every week. I just assumed it had to come through commissary channels... It was remarkably cheap too. ;-p

But as far as the store offerings around here...Chief's has some of the best around here. I've heard good things about Nick's too but that's too far away..and besides, we just buy a whole Angus every year, raised and finished to perfection.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We've grabbed rib roasts from either Nick's or Teeter multiple times now. We've always smoked them and they've always turned out fantastic. Although we did one this past weekend and used my husband's new rotisserie accessory for it and I think it was not as great as it usually was, TBH. It was still pretty amazing tho. Just had a leftover prim rib sammie slathered in homemade horseradish cream 🤤 but we've yet to have a bad rib roast from either of those places.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The best ribeyes I remember were from the Costco in Frederick Maryland. They were amazing.

kom526

154260 154261 154265
  1. Into the smoker
  2. Ready to slice
  3. Ready to plate

kom526

I'm thinking maybe a brioche to serve this on. I will admit, Wheatley's Content (red) paired fantastically with last week's smoked prime rib. Wheatley's Content can be found at Generations Vineyards on St. Andrew's Church Rd. #buylocal

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron