Pore Cleansers...

sockgirl77

I am having issues with my pores. I have tried scrubs, strips, cleansers, and masks. None are working. I have always used Apricot Scrub on a daily basis.

Any suggestions?

jrogers

sockgirl77 said:
I am having issues with my pores. I have tried scrubs, strips, cleansers, and masks. None are working. I have always used Apricot Scrub on a daily basis.

Any suggestions?

Those Mr. Clean magic erasers works wonders on everything else. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Biore is the king of pore cleansers, you can't go wrong with their products. :yay: I like the self heating mask. Also, if you want to pamper yourself, get a facial and start from scratch. :yay: They can be pricey, but you'll love the results.

jrogers

sockgirl77 said:

Found this for ya....

1 medium unripe tomato (the greener the better) 1 teaspoon honey
  1. In a blender or food processor puree tomato and honey into a thick pulp.
  2. Cleanse the face well and exfoliate with your favorite product or washcloth to ensure pores are open.
  3. Using two fingers, gently massage the pulp into (onto?) your face.
  4. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
  5. Put leftovers in a plastic container in the fridge.
  6. It will last up to a month.
Not the one? See other Pore Tightening Mask Recipes

Mikeinsmd

See, if those cleansers hadda studied harder in skool, they would have good jobs and wouldn't be poor cleansers!!

jrogers

Here is another one.

This steam treatment is just the thing for clearing up skin and unclogging pores.

What you need:
Tea tree oil or lemon oil

How to: Simply add a few drops of tea tree or lemon oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover head and bowl with a towel and inhale deeply for a minute. Uncover your head for a minute. Then repeat.

Mikeinsmd said:
See, if those cleansers hadda studied harder in skool, they would have good jobs and wouldn't be poor cleansers!!
I see she must love you for your yorkie and not your humor...:huggy:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
jrogers said:
Here is another one.

This steam treatment is just the thing for clearing up skin and unclogging pores.

What you need:
Tea tree oil or lemon oil

How to: Simply add a few drops of tea tree or lemon oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover head and bowl with a towel and inhale deeply for a minute. Uncover your head for a minute. Then repeat.
A bag of chamomile tea works too. :yay:

jrogers

Nickel said:
A bag of chamomile tea works too. :yay:

You beat me to it.

1 tsp. chamomile leaves
4 cups boiling water

Mix in a heatproof bowl. Hold face 10 inches from water for 8 minutes; follow with a tightening mask.

sockgirl77

Thanks ladies. I am going to try doing some of the home remedies first. I dunno about the tomato and honey one though. :lol:
Oh and Mike, thanks for making me giggle!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sockgirl77 said:
Thanks ladies. I am going to try doing some of the home remedies first. I dunno about the tomato and honey one though. :lol:
Oh and Mike, thanks for making me giggle!
This is what I do once a week...

Wash your face with your normal cleanser (make sure it suits your skin type).

Drop 4 chamomile tea bags into a pot of water.

While waiting for water to boil, apply an exfoliating scrub to your face...one with fruit enzymes (like your apricot scrub)

Once water boils, remove from heat and hold your face more than a foot above it. Close your eyes and hang a towel over your head (creating a tent), stay there for 3-5 minutes.

Rinse off the exfoliant with warm (not hot) water and pat skin dry.

Apply a face mask suitable for your skin type (glycerin for dry skin, sulfur for acne, clay for oily skin, antioxidants for normal skin). Follow the directions for the mask.

Rinse the mask off, pat skin dry, and rub on a thin layer of moisturizer (again, suitable for your skin type) while skin is still a little damp.

The winter has left my skin a little worse for wear, but a gay man complimented me on it this weekend, so I must be doing something right. :lmao:

sockgirl77

Nickel said:
This is what I do once a week...

Wash your face with your normal cleanser (make sure it suits your skin type).

Drop 4 chamomile tea bags into a pot of water.

While waiting for water to boil, apply an exfoliating scrub to your face...one with fruit enzymes (like your apricot scrub)

Once water boils, remove from heat and hold your face more than a foot above it. Close your eyes and hang a towel over your head (creating a tent), stay there for 3-5 minutes.

Rinse off the exfoliant with warm (not hot) water and pat skin dry.

Apply a face mask suitable for your skin type (glycerin for dry skin, sulfur for acne, clay for oily skin, antioxidants for normal skin). Follow the directions for the mask.

Rinse the mask off, pat skin dry, and rub on a thin layer of moisturizer (again, suitable for your skin type) while skin is still a little damp.

The winter has left my skin a little worse for wear, but a gay man complimented me on it this weekend, so I must be doing something right. :lmao:
Thanks. I'll try it tonight.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Nickel said:

Did he compliment you on your shoes?