Porter Wagoner is moved to hospice

D

dems4me

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. | Porter Wagoner, who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, has been released from the hospital and moved to hospice care, a spokeswoman for the Grand Ole Opry said."

www.kansascity.com | 10/27/2007 | National briefs: Porter Wagoner is moved to hospice

That's sad :frown: I saw him at the Opry early 90s, he was wearing a flashy long purple coat with sequins and he sang a song on stage. I remember thinking wth is he?? :crazy: By the end of my Nashville/Graceland vacation, I quickly learned. :lol:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
That's sad :frown: I saw him at the Opry early 90s, he was wearing a flashy long purple coat with sequins and he sang a song on stage. I remember thinking wth is he?? :crazy: By the end of my Nashville/Graceland vacation, I quickly learned. :lol:

Hopefully he had a good life, filled with laughter and love and that he will not suffer.

Pete

Repete
I remember when I was a teeny kid having to watch "The Porter Wagoner Show" because my dad wanted to oogel Dolly Partons rack.

W

wkndbeacher

May his family know that he s in a better place and performing at the pearly gates.

My grandma had quite a few of his albums with Dolly (my parents have them now, somewhere). I remember her listening to them on her stereo when I was a little girl.

He was quite an icon. RIP