Post Baby Shapewear

KDENISE977

Hi !
I am wondering if anyone had any success with all of the girdles/sinches/belly bandits I see on the internet? I am having a c-section on Monday and looking to buy one..but they range from small cinch to large corset, etc.. and prices are just as varying, anywhere from $20-$125. I went to Babys R Us in Waldorf and they didn't have anything at all?? I am 33 so I'm thinking my body won't have the "bounce back" of a 20 something mommy so I want all the help I can get !!!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hi !
I am wondering if anyone had any success with all of the girdles/sinches/belly bandits I see on the internet? I am having a c-section on Monday and looking to buy one..but they range from small cinch to large corset, etc.. and prices are just as varying, anywhere from $20-$125. I went to Babys R Us in Waldorf and they didn't have anything at all?? I am 33 so I'm thinking my body won't have the "bounce back" of a 20 something mommy so I want all the help I can get !!!

I've never used any of them & I was never a 20 something mommy. I had Thing1 when I was 31, Thing2 when I was 35. I gained 40-ish pounds with both of my kids. But I am not carrying that weight around now, because I exercise. (and I'm 52 now)

I think you can hide the extra weight a little while, the best way is to start exercising as soon as you can and watching your weight, etc. Even if you're breastfeeding you can eat healthy. Exercising is definitely going to help you tone up & maintain your ideal weight.

MarieB

I never tried one (there is one made specifically for C-sections called the Belly Bandit), but I have friends who did and thought it may have helped. I was 36 and 38 when my kiddos were born, and I also gained 40-50lbs with each. Staying active is important, and don't expect to "bounce back" right away. I don't know if they have them around here, but there is a class for the core that the stroller fit people have.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I used the belly bandit for several weeks after I had my baby..if nothing else it was soo comfortable..it really held my tummy muscles in..which were very sore after supporting a big monster baby for months..:killingme and it was great for under my clothes..helped smooth everything out and made my clothes look better. I would STILL be wearing it..but it got too big..and they are kinda pricey to buy another with a new baby :killingme