Post Birth Abortion Becomes Acceptable

This_person

Whew.

Glad I didn't spend pages explaining my position or discussing it.

You don't make idiotic claims, like the baby is a hairy pimple. I have completely different discussions with you. I was simply reiterating the level of discourse I got from others.

On most things, I get great discussion from Black Dog, too. On this topic, though, there simply seems to be no way to discuss outside of sound bites.

Chris0nllyn

You don't make idiotic claims, like the baby is a hairy pimple. I have completely different discussions with you. I was simply reiterating the level of discourse I got from others.

On most things, I get great discussion from Black Dog, too. On this topic, though, there simply seems to be no way to discuss outside of sound bites.

Some would argue I make idiotic claims. :lol:

You've always kept your cool and argued on merits, so it's disheartening to see the comment I replied to.

This_person

See there you really do get it.. except for the person thing,,,, Its a fetus..

See, the only time it is ok to kill it is via abortion. IAW Johnson v Florida, the mother can be charged with manslaughter for delivering drugs to a minor if she's a coke addict. In the Peterson case, the father was convicted of killing the person of his unborn child. It seems the law overall states the child is a child - unless the mother chooses to have a doctor suck it into a blender, then it has no individual rights as a person.

We have no coherent, unified legal definition, so I must go to common sense and science. The science says the fetus/baby is a completely separate human being, and it doesn't just magically turn into one at 24 weeks - it always was one. This makes it far different than a hairy pimple. Meanwhile, the common sense of personal responsibility says that the mother willingly placed it there and is therefore responsible - tacitly accepted, as Sappy said - for that child until birth.

A few legal scholars disagreed, and rejected the child's rights as a person until the third trimester, where they seemed to invoke the magical, fairy-tale thought that a wand is swept over the mother in her sleep one night and turns the pimple into a person, with rights and all. I am not a believer in magical fairy wands, so I go with the science.

This_person

Some would argue I make idiotic claims. :lol:

You've always kept your cool and argued on merits, so it's disheartening to see the comment I replied to.

It's actually a lot more fun to argue on the merits. It's disheartening to be reduced to the comment you replied to. :cheers:

Sapidus

See, the only time it is ok to kill it is via abortion. IAW Johnson v Florida, the mother can be charged with manslaughter for delivering drugs to a minor if she's a coke addict. In the Peterson case, the father was convicted of killing the person of his unborn child. It seems the law overall states the child is a child - unless the mother chooses to have a doctor suck it into a blender, then it has no individual rights as a person.

We have no coherent, unified legal definition, so I must go to common sense and science. The science says the fetus/baby is a completely separate human being, and it doesn't just magically turn into one at 24 weeks - it always was one. This makes it far different than a hairy pimple. Meanwhile, the common sense of personal responsibility says that the mother willingly placed it there and is therefore responsible - tacitly accepted, as Sappy said - for that child until birth.

A few legal scholars disagreed, and rejected the child's rights as a person until the third trimester, where they seemed to invoke the magical, fairy-tale thought that a wand is swept over the mother in her sleep one night and turns the pimple into a person, with rights and all. I am not a believer in magical fairy wands, so I go with the science.

I'm glad you appreciate my vocabulary but I said no such thing. I said a business person contracts with the government to follow the rules and regulations set for by that government when applying for a business license I also said the business owner tacitly agree to to not discriminate since the government wants it citizens treated equally.

You tried to equate that to a mother and father tacitly agreeing to raise a child based on one night of sex and I disagreed.

The reason those scholars you talked about chose the timing at which a fetus becomes individual is usually based on what I am now going to tell you for the hundredth time is that without the mother the child would still survive after 21 weeks. Which just happens to coincide with when they wave their magic wand as you say. If you were so interested in science as you keep claiming you would understand that is when a fetus becomes a separate entity because it no longer 100% dependent on its mother by physical connection for its needs

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I'm glad you appreciate my vocabulary but I said no such thing. I said a business person contracts with the government to follow the rules and regulations set for by that government when applying for a business license I also said the business owner tacitly agree to to not discriminate since the government wants it citizens treated equally.

I've received many business licenses in many diffferent states, counties and municipalities. Never was there a "contract" with the government about discrimination, LGBTQ, bath rooms or another other "Social Justice" causes. The only reasons these licensees were given was so theses government entities could track you and make sure you were paying all your taxes and fees.

They never came into my business and requested records to which Social Justice standards I may or may not of adhered to. As I have stated in many other posts, I refused to sell people, including the Federal government for a lot of reasons.

Sapidus

I've received many business licenses in many diffferent states, counties and municipalities. Never was there a "contract" with the government about discrimination, LGBTQ, bath rooms or another other "Social Justice" causes. The only reasons these licensees were given was so theses government entities could track you and make sure you were paying all your taxes and fees.

They never came into my business and requested records to which Social Justice standards I may or may not of adhered to. As I have stated in many other posts, I refused to sell people, including the Federal government for a lot of reasons.

When you get a license from a state that state is telling you that you may now operate there subject to all
Of their existing laws whether or not you believe they are valid. The state can fine you or unilaterally revoke your license at any time if they see fit. If you don't want to follow all of the rules set forth by the place that license you I suggest you don't apply for a license. They may not regularly come check your grease trap but that doesn't mean they can't and won't if they want to.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Exactly. Sappy remains clueless.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

When you get a license from a state that state is telling you that you may now operate there subject to all Of their existing laws whether or not you believe they are valid. The state can fine you or unilaterally revoke your license at any time if they see fit. If you don't want to follow all of the rules set forth by the place that license you I suggest you don't apply for a license. They may not regularly come check your grease trap but that doesn't mean they can't and won't if they want to.

Where do you come up with this crap? From your spinster area? How about you actually provide some real and verifiable links and actual cases of such actions from the State of Maryland. And I'm not referring to any health department regulations, where, there are annual and/or unannounced health inspections related to food service. I'm talking about business licenses. Get to it sappy!

Sapidus

If I may ...

Where do you come up with this crap? From your spinster area? How about you actually provide some real and verifiable links and actual cases of such actions from the State of Maryland. And I'm not referring to any health department regulations, where, there are annual and/or unannounced health inspections related to food service. I'm talking about business licenses. Get to it sappy!

If you want to discriminate against blacks, gays, latinos, the handicap or any other group because of the way they are born feel free to do so and you can be the test case in Maryland