Post SB blues!

BlueBird

This is the worse time of year for me when it comes to sports. I'm not a hockey or NBA fan and I don't follow college B ball either. Baseball season is around the corner but in the mean time my Monday night, Thursday night and Sundays are now left with a huge void that can't be filled until September. It happens every year after the final game of the season and it's never easy.

I miss the NFL already!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is the worse time of year for me when it comes to sports. I'm not a hockey or NBA fan and I don't follow college B ball either. Baseball season is around the corner but in the mean time my Monday night, Thursday night and Sundays are now left with a huge void that can't be filled until September. It happens every year after the final game of the season and it's never easy.

I miss the NFL already!

Well, consider this; stop thinking of yourself as a sports fan. Clearly, you're not and that is fine. You're an NFL fan.

Take heart; the combine is, what, next week?

PsyOps

Pixelated

I miss the NFL already!

This is why you need to take up playing the guitar.

BlueBird

Well, consider this; stop thinking of yourself as a sports fan. Clearly, you're not and that is fine. You're an NFL fan.

Take heart; the combine is, what, next week?

I agree that I'm definitely a fan of the NFL and not a sports fan as I don't enjoy watching all sports. I like baseball too but only professional baseball.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I agree that I'm definitely a fan of the NFL and not a sports fan as I don't enjoy watching all sports. I like baseball too but only professional baseball.

Can we interest you in auto racing. There's this little thing called NASCAR that you may have heard of. They're having their Super Bowl in two weeks. It will occupy your Sunday afternoons (and some Saturday evenings) until the NFL starts back up in the fall.

BlueBird

I think Larry hit the nail on the head. I'm not a sports fan. I love the NFL and Major League baseball and that's really about it. Nascar is boring to me, as are Golf and Tennis. Hockey is fun to watch but I'm not invested in it so it doesn't interest me. I wish the NFL season was longer.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Can we interest you in auto racing. There's this little thing called NASCAR that you may have heard of. They're having their Super Bowl in two weeks. It will occupy your Sunday afternoons (and some Saturday evenings) until the NFL starts back up in the fall.

Been following NASCAR for over forty years, and it is hard to get interested anymore in the left turn league. Being there makes a difference, but TV anymore - nah. Is it September yet and hope my O's have not been eliminated yet?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Been following NASCAR for over forty years, and it is hard to get interested anymore in the left turn league. Being there makes a difference, but TV anymore - nah. Is it September yet and hope my O's have not been eliminated yet?

My wife and I have really gotten tired of listening to the ramblings of Darrell Waltrip in the Fox booth. We're hoping that he lets Jeff Gordon do most of the talking this year. (Not likely but we can hope.)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
My wife and I have really gotten tired of listening to the ramblings of Darrell Waltrip in the Fox booth. We're hoping that he lets Jeff Gordon do most of the talking this year. (Not likely but we can hope.)

I still check in on occasion, but I, like ya'lls, really can't stomach listening to the commentary anymore. And racin' aint racin' anymore. They don't allow the best make or manufacturer to win anymore with the superior product - it just has to be "give advantages to the slower cars while slowing down the faster cars (negating superior engineering)", with a predictable G-W-F, usually over and over, every week. I don't see that new rule really making any difference.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

I miss the NFL already!

NASCAR racing on the networks of Fox and NBC. Though I usually take naps during those after my Saturdays at real races. :smile:

Olympics this summer.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

I was so happy when NBC took over. Rick Allen, Jeff Burton and Steve Letarte don't act like we're all first time viewers, every week. Wish NBC/NBCSN/USA had the entire schedule.