postpartum question

morningbell

hmmmmmm
How long after you had your baby did you menstrual cycle return?
Were you breastfeeding?
Did you have a vaginal birth or a cesarean?

softcrab

Were you breastfeeding?

I didn't get it back till I quit breast feeding. Natural for the first one, fed for 8 months. C-sec the other two, a year and a half. But it's not true you can't get pregnant while breast feeding. Baby three conceived while breast feeding and no monthly.

B

BET

It has been a while but I do remember:

The very next month.

Were you breastfeeding?
No.

Vaginal.

This was my only pregnancy.

SShewbert

What love is all about
My oldest I breastfed for about 3 months but it returned 2 weeks after my 6 week check up due to starting the mini pill, my middle child I breast fed for 2 months and it returned within 3 months after having her. My last one is still nursing some and I did not get my cycle back until the month after he turned one.

All three were natural.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I'm pretty sure there is a correlation between nursing and your cycle but I'm trying to figure out if a cesarean would make a difference. I also know that every woman is different.

SoMDGirl42

I'm pretty sure there is a correlation between nursing and your cycle but I'm trying to figure out if a cesarean would make a difference. I also know that every woman is different.

I can't remember with one and two, it's been too long. One was vaginal, one c-section and I nursed with both.

The last one was c-section, I nursed for nearly a year. Cycles returned within a few months as I was on the mini pill while nursing.

Just keep in mind nursing and lack of menstruation is not a form of birth control. Some folks don't realize this and end up with another :baby: by their original baby's 1st birthday...:dead:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Just keep in mind nursing and lack of menstruation is not a form of birth control. Some folks don't realize this and end up with another :baby: by their original baby's 1st birthday...:dead:

:lmao: Yes, I know this. I'm not going back on oral contraceptives and am happy to find the sponge back on the market. I have to wait 6 months to become pregnant again anyway.

puggymom

Were you breastfeeding?

9 months with child #1 (she self weaned), 18 months with #2 (boobie addict)
yes for both
vaginal for both