Potty Training Secrets

lilredhearts

Does anyone have any potty training secrets i could try out. I have a almost 2 1/2 year old son. He was really intrested in useing the "big boy" potty at first and now he hates it! He is going to have a baby sister in Oct. & im really hopeing to get him out of diapers by then. Any ideas?

squidword

Does anyone have any potty training secrets i could try out. I have a almost 2 1/2 year old son. He was really intrested in useing the "big boy" potty at first and now he hates it! He is going to have a baby sister in Oct. & im really hopeing to get him out of diapers by then. Any ideas?

yes let him run around without any pants or diapers and make sure that his potty is close, and everytime he goes give him a piece of special candy, M&M
or something but make sure it is something you don't give him for anyother reason.

tyky

eieio
when my son was 2 1/2 I got a large calendar and sticker and everytime he pee'd he got one sticker and everytime he pooped he got two stickers and as soon as he got 24 stickers I immediatley took him to Walmart to pick out a toy. As soon as he earned his first trip to walmart he never wore a pull up again except at night.

Cowgirl

Girlie was also excited about the potty at first then lost interest. She was only uninterested for a little while and once she decided she wanted to potty train, it went pretty quickly.

lovinmaryland

Weird!!!

Baby Jack is driving me :crazy: w/ this whole potty training business. He just wont co-operate :cds:

We did just get him off the pacifier so one thing at a time right :yay:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Girlie was also excited about the potty at first then lost interest. She was only uninterested for a little while and once she decided she wanted to potty train, it went pretty quickly.

:yeahthat: This seems to be one of those things that only your kid can decide when he/she wants to get potty-trained. My oldest was trained shortly after his 3rd birthday. My youngest was a few months after his 4th birthday. The thought of not being able to go to pre-k in a few months gave him the motivation to get his act in gear!!

baydreams

Food coloring. Put Blue food coloring in the toilet, when he pee's in the potty show him the "magic" he has created. Or have him sink the cheerios. Big boy pants also got us pretty far. Telling them that they get to pick out the big boy underwear they want to wear once they have no accidents really excited my boys. Have fun.

C

CalvertNewbie

Weird!!!

Baby Jack is driving me :crazy: w/ this whole potty training business. He just wont co-operate :cds:

We did just get him off the pacifier so one thing at a time right :yay:

I have such a long time to go before I can begin potty training. :bawl: We're just starting solid foods (sweet potatoes last nite, yum!) so those diapers sure are gonna be fun. :dead:

I'm happy my son weaned himself off his pacifier at 3 months. Once he found out how interesting his little hands could be, he no longer wanted it.

lovinmaryland

Food coloring. Put Blue food coloring in the toilet, when he pee's in the potty show him the "magic" he has created. Or have him sink the cheerios. Big boy pants also got us pretty far. Telling them that they get to pick out the big boy underwear they want to wear once they have no accidents really excited my boys. Have fun.
I tried that and it hasnt worked yet :frown:

Just yesterday I put a fresh diaper on him and 5 minutes later he goes "look mom I peed" :biggrin:
:burning: :cussing:
I have such a long time to go before I can begin potty training. :bawl: We're just starting solid foods (sweet potatoes last nite, yum!) so those diapers sure are gonna be fun. :dead:

I'm happy my son weaned himself off his pacifier at 3 months. Once he found out how interesting his little hands could be, he no longer wanted it.

My kids were all pacifier babies. They all had theirs until they were at the very least 2 and my oldest had his til he was 3 :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

We never went the pacifier route with either kid as we heard that it's hard to break them from it. Our oldest was a thumb sucker if he needed to "calm" himself and our youngest never really needed anything... except some love from his Mommy. A few minutes of hugs and he was off and playing again.

C

CalvertNewbie

I tried that and it hasnt worked yet :frown:

Just yesterday I put a fresh diaper on him and 5 minutes later he goes "look mom I peed" :biggrin:
:burning: :cussing:

My kids were all pacifier babies. They all had theirs until they were at the very least 2 and my oldest had his til he was 3 :lol:

I recently saw a boy at the store who must have been 5 yrs old, with a pacifier in his mouth! :killingme

lilredhearts

thats what he does . Mommy i pooped. He def dosent like to be in a dirty diaper (who can blame him lol ) i just wish he tell me before he went & not throw such a fit sitting on the potty ughh.
thanks for all the ideas please keep them coming.

K

kris31280

I've found bribery works well.

Rowan has been doing very well with not having accidents, and then there was 3 days where he had 5 a day in daycare. One of his favorite things is ice cream, so I told him that if he had no accidents we would get ice cream after school. It worked very well.

sockgirl77

Take him outside and let him pee on a tree. He'll think that it's soooo cool. Ask him if he feels better to not have pee on him. It worked for mine. Thank you CMC122.

capsfan78

I'm XRATED
Here is the secret, keep trying and wait. Your kid will do it when they are good and ready too. My daughter, just turned 4 in June, wasn't potty trained until earlier this year, little over 3 1/2 years old. We would ask her, where is the bathroom, and she pointed to it. We would ask her, where are you suppose to go potty, and she pointed to the bathroom. Then we asked her why she didn't, and her answer was "because I don't want to".

They will do it when they are good and ready, and it sucks, but nothing you can do about it. Just work with them, and encourage them.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Here is the secret, keep trying and wait. Your kid will do it when they are good and ready too. My daughter, just turned 4 in June, wasn't potty trained until earlier this year, little over 3 1/2 years old. We would ask her, where is the bathroom, and she pointed to it. We would ask her, where are you suppose to go potty, and she pointed to the bathroom. Then we asked her why she didn't, and her answer was "because I don't want to".

They will do it when they are good and ready, and it sucks, but nothing you can do about it. Just work with them, and encourage them.

I know who wears the pants in your house. :lmao:

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Two and half can be young for some boys. Don't make such a big deal out of it. Did you buy him big boy underwear? Let him walk around in that with no other pants and reward him like others have said.

lilredhearts

thats what iv heard. that girls are much easier to potty train esp. at 2 1/2. & yes he has big boy underwear. We will keep trying :)