Pound Plunges as UK Votes to Leave EU .....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That is FAR too organized for me to even begin to comprehend.

Nah. Not when you travel all the time to everywhere. Well, everywhere that touches water and where they build boats anyway. Looks like Vietnam is next up..Vung Tau. Can't wait...that's gonna be a fun place to work and one place I've never been to.

The Pound hasn't recovered anymore. It's actually slipped back toward its recent lows at just over $1.31 this morning. That's about 12% off the high that it had rallied to before the Brexit vote, when many started to think that Remain was going to win.

It's down around $1.30 now. As much as any other measure, I'd like to see some renewed strength in the Pound (and the Euro relative to the Dollar).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's down around $1.30 now. As much as any other measure, I'd like to see some renewed strength in the Pound (and the Euro relative to the Dollar).

Me too. In any given year, as much as 75% of my business is exports. The strong dollar hurts.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ouch.

Ballpark, if you don't mind answering, how does that break out - Europe, Asia, South America, North America?

It's constantly changing...so I'd have to use recent years only. Last year was about 20% Scandinavia (Norway..not EU) , 40% Asia and and 40% US. Year before was about the same. This year is shaping up to be 20% Scandinavia, 50% Asia and 30% US.

At one point in time, Korea and Australia were our biggest customers...with Germany not far behind. Only Korea is looking like an active arena for us in future...but all naval instead of commercial like it was earlier. In fact, the US' shrinking presence in PacRim has been great for stimulating our business in that region.