Praying Mantis

Bonehead

One landed on my neck while sitting on the deck a big sucker, it did not end well for it....

frequentflier

happy to be living
There is an invasive species now called the Carolina mantis. They are much larger and more aggressive that the native ones. They eat butterflies and humming birds. It will not end well for them if they come to my property.

GregV814

Joe Biden plans on and will implement a worldwide ban on Chinese Praying Manti...
"There's no place in our Magnacarta that permits TRUMPS Praying Mantis" said the candidate>

PeoplesElbow

I am a member of two native plant FB pages and there is a lot of discussion and pictures shared. They are bad news. As are the invasive jumping worms!
Looked them up, dont see anything about them being an invasive species, you can even buy eggs at garden sites.

mitzi

There is an invasive species now called the Carolina mantis. They are much larger and more aggressive that the native ones. They eat butterflies and humming birds. It will not end well for them if they come to my property.

I saw a picture somewhere of one of those killing a hummingbird. I didn't know it was a different kind or even the picture was real. It did notice it looked much bigger than ones I've always seen. That's why I wondered if the picture was even real.

mitzi

Looked them up, dont see anything about them being an invasive species, you can even buy eggs at garden sites.

Ugh, that thing is just way too big.