Pre School

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Can anyone recommend a church-based preschool in the California/Leonardtown area? We are not having any luck finding one.

TIA

rio

Do NOT go to River Song, and the one across from Wal-Mart ( Creative Beginnings) is very good, but very pricey. Honey Mc Callum is pretty good, too.

my-thyme

Patron
The older boy went to St Andrews preschool, but they arent open since covid.

my-thyme

Patron
So far, every one we've looked at is full.

Little fellow is 4, smart as a whip. Really needs some socialization with his age. We do Historic St Marys City preschool program every other week, but it takes him almost the entire hour to get comfortable.

Any suggestions?

my-thyme

Patron
We dont need daycare. Just a couple hrs a day, not even every day, to get him exposed to kids his age.

my-thyme

Patron
Yup, we do imaginarium. Little fellow just stays with his older brother and eyeballs all those kids.

Clem72

Yup, we do imaginarium. Little fellow just stays with his older brother and eyeballs all those kids.
Sounds like maybe you do need daycare. Get him out of his comfort zone for several hours, will get him used to adapting and making new friends before he becomes "the shy kid".

rio

There's a church in Lexington Park that does a mothers morning out type thing. I can't remember the name of it, maybe sunbeam something? That might be something to look into if you don't find pre-k.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We dont need daycare. Just a couple hrs a day, not even every day, to get him exposed to kids his age.
my-thyme, from what I understand all St Mary's public Pre-K's were switched to what is essentially income based - so I imagine almost all private/church based pre-k's are now full, and will be that much harder to find spots for. I know you're not looking for daycare, but it'll most likely be your only option until he's old enough for kindergarten :ohwell: Lots of daycares offer part-time prices. There's a few daycare facebook groups if you're interested, I can send you one. good luck 😊

my-thyme

Patron
Thanks, lucky_bee, I know thats why we're having trouble finding something. For now we're just gonna keep doing what we do, Historic SMC, Calvert Marine Museum, the library. Maybe I can find a grandma and me group.

FB resources would be great!