Precision riding clip

fredsaid2

I wish they showed them removing the saddles coming into the line of jumps. How in the world do they manage that and where did the girths go?? The 4-jump box reminds me of most schooling rings but with incredibly better results :smile:

fredsaid2

happyappygirl said:
warm up rings with fire jumps???
HOW cool is THAT? I wanna ride with them!
Thanks!

No fire but horses going every which way schooling in the ring before the start of the show. You may call your jump but who can really hear? You often have someone crossing in front of you on the landing side of your jump or maybe a little game of chicken with two riders approaching the same jump from opposite ends. It can be dangerous even with everyone trying their best to stay out of the way. Having witnessed schooling ring chaos makes the police demonstration even more awesome!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
fredsaid2 said:
No fire but horses going every which way schooling in the ring before the start of the show. You may call your jump but who can really hear? You often have someone crossing in front of you on the landing side of your jump or maybe a little game of chicken with two riders approaching the same jump from opposite ends. It can be dangerous even with everyone trying their best to stay out of the way. Having witnessed schooling ring chaos makes the police demonstration even more awesome!
Oh i didn't realize you were allowed to actually practice IN the ring before a show. you can't do that with dogs, it's against the rules. you can walk the course but not with the dog. ~Thanks for sharing!~

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
Oh i didn't realize you were allowed to actually practice IN the ring before a show. you can't do that with dogs, it's against the rules. you can walk the course but not with the dog. ~Thanks for sharing!~

Actual show pen is usually open before the show and at lunch after that there is a designated warm up pen.

K

Katie

Any show in the warm-up pen can get scarey. I watched the jumping warm-up at MSA and it was like...scarey!

fredsaid2

happyappygirl said:

Most unrated shows allow an early am school. Some will do a 'california warm-up' where you're allowed an unjudged trip during the show. Rated shows don't allow schooling but most of the horses have been in the ring early in the week w/ the pros so when the amateurs arrive for their weekend classes the horses are been there, done that.