President Honors a Hero of the Korean War

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Quite an amazing story of a man that survived and fought against evil.

The article @ the Post

... President Bush yesterday bestowed the nation's highest military honor on Rubin, who not only joined the U.S. Army but also saved the lives of dozens of fellow American soldiers during the Korean War.
Yesterday, Bush said Rubin exemplifies what it means to be an American, praising his selfless courage and calling him a "true son of liberty."
He was even discriminated against once he came to America, but was nonetheless never dissuaded from his beliefs.

T

tikipirate

What a wonderful story. I, myself, wish I could reach out and shake this man's hand.

Of course the Post only reported it in a good light because the man is Jewish. If his last name was Smith, McClintock, MacDonald, Shultz, or Jablonski, the Post would have decried "Bush honors man who invaded soverign Chinese territory."

Gotta love heroes. Gotta hate the Post.

I do hate the fact that Rubin had to suffer an anti-semetic command structure during the time that he served, especially after the ordeal he had gone through at the hands of the Nazis. I would like to believe that a Sergeant (or squad leader) would think, "Let's send in Rubin. He's a tough little fugger" rather than "Toss the Jew to the fodder." I just never understood anti-semetism. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator: