Pretzel salad recipes?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Anyone have a tried and true recipe for that pretzel salad stuff? The one with strawberry jello cream cheese and pretzels??
I hate the stuff but the kids love it :dead:

Tina2001aniT

happyappygirl said:
Anyone have a tried and true recipe for that pretzel salad stuff? The one with strawberry jello cream cheese and pretzels??
I hate the stuff but the kids love it :dead:

I have a WONDERFUL recipe at home......I could hook ya up tomorrow or you could calll me this evening

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Tride and True from Grandma

:getdown: PRETZEL SALAD

BOTTOM LAYER – CRUST:

2 cups broken pretzels
3/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp. sugar

Mix together, pat in bottom of 9x13x2 cake pan.
Bake at 350F 8 min. and cool.

MIDDLE LAYER – CREAMY:

8 oz cream cheese (softened)
12 oz tub cool whip
1 cup sugar

Mix together until smooth and creamy; spread over cooled pretzel crust.

TOP LAYER - JELLO & FRUIT:

2 pkg. small strawberry Jello
2 cups boiling water
20 oz frozen, sliced strawberries

Stir together until Jello is dissolved. The cold strawberries will help to make it set faster.
Refrigerate until it begins to gel but do not allow to solidify. Pour over the creamy layer.

Refrigerate until set and serve.

NOTE: Sometimes I do the preparation out of order, I start my Jello first so it can begin gelling, then the crust so it can get cooled, then the middle. It seems to all work out at about the same time.

Tina2001aniT

sanchezf said:
:getdown: PRETZEL SALAD

BOTTOM LAYER – CRUST:

2 cups broken pretzels
3/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp. sugar

Mix together, pat in bottom of 9x13x2 cake pan.
Bake at 350F 8 min. and cool.

MIDDLE LAYER – CREAMY:

8 oz cream cheese (softened)
12 oz tub cool whip
1 cup sugar

Mix together until smooth and creamy; spread over cooled pretzel crust.

TOP LAYER - JELLO & FRUIT:

2 pkg. small strawberry Jello
2 cups boiling water
20 oz frozen, sliced strawberries

Stir together until Jello is dissolved. The cold strawberries will help to make it set faster.
Refrigerate until it begins to gel but do not allow to solidify. Pour over the creamy layer.

Refrigerate until set and serve.

NOTE: Sometimes I do the preparation out of order, I start my Jello first so it can begin gelling, then the crust so it can get cooled, then the middle. It seems to all work out at about the same time.
This looks like the recipe I have, MOST IMPORTANT....MAKE SURE to let LAYERS COOL before mixing......

I do the layers in the same order noted above...

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Tina2001aniT said:
This looks like the recipe I have, MOST IMPORTANT....MAKE SURE to let LAYERS COOL before mixing......

I do the layers in the same order noted above...

I skrewed it up :lol:I figured that out, as i was pouring the jello layer onto the pretzels and wondered what it meant when the second layer said to "make sure this layer seals over the pretzels" it looked like pretzel-filled-vomit, but the chickens loved it.

The girls laughed out loud when they saw because they had done exactly the same thing when they tried to make it. Like mother like daughters...but they did try to make me feel like less than a failure...they tried it :lol: gotta give them credit.