Where is the best place to get one?

And how do you cook it on the grill?

It will be for Christmas dinner.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Where is the best place to get one?

And how do you cook it on the grill?

It will be for Christmas dinner.

We do this every year for Christmas dinner. I sear it on all sides on the grill, then slow roast it in the oven for a few hours, comes out juicy and has the grilled flavor. Nick's has good ones, but that's probably too far for you.

Vince

We do this every year for Christmas dinner. I sear it on all sides on the grill, then slow roast it in the oven for a few hours, comes out juicy and has the grilled flavor. Nick's has good ones, but that's probably too far for you.
:killingme

smilin

BOXER NATION
BJ's has prime rib roasts. Don't forget the raw horsey and au jus.

BJ' has very good meat, and prices. I also go to Giant, never been disappointed.
Giant also has an unadvertised special around now where they price standing roast for around 5.99. They do it every year for a few days. I make it a point to ask a butcher when they will be on sale.

RPMDAD

Anybody ever try this roast recipe before, work with a girl who swears by it.

PERFECT PRIME RIB EVERYTIME
Printed from COOKS.COM
prime rib roast with or without bone (any size)
bottom round center cut

Preheat oven to 550°F degrees.

Make a rub of salt, pepper and garlic powder and apply to meat. Place meat in a shallow roasting pan fat side up.

Roast at 550°F at 5 minutes per pound for RARE, or 6 minutes per pound for MEDIUM and 7 minutes per pound for WELL DONE.

Turn off oven at the end of cooking time and DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR TWO HOURS.

At the end of the 2 hours, remove meat from oven to slice; it comes out perfect everytime.

Works the same with Roast beef. The next time you want an easy hands-off, tender and juicy roast, try this recipe - you won't be disappointed!

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/uh6bb7na/perfect-prime-rib-everytime.html

acommondisaster

That sounds good.
But I am going to do it on the grill.

Thank You.

indirect heat with a pan in the middle to catch the juices? (I hope).

Gas grill where you can control the temp?

I have to concur with RMPDad that the high sear then low temp cook has produced the best results for me, though our methods vary a bit (I dont turn the oven completely off). I don't know if you can replicate that on a grill.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
indirect heat with a pan in the middle to catch the juices? (I hope).

Gas grill where you can control the temp?

I have to concur with RMPDad that the high sear then low temp cook has produced the best results for me, though our methods vary a bit (I dont turn the oven completely off). I don't know if you can replicate that on a grill.

I was thinking about searing it, and then put it on the rotisserie indirect heat.