Prince Frederick "March" 6-1 AAR

Hank

my war
Which they did. You'll notice that no damage was done and no screaming happened until the tear gas came out.

Our rights typically don't come with a time line, but like I said, I understand the reality. Unlike the folks who kept making the argument that COVID bans were "against my rights".

The tear gas was a bit extreme. I have seen more unruly crowds at the Tiki Bar opening. No use of tear gas there. Funny, out of all three counties and Calvert was the only one that couldn't handle a small protest without some sort of drama.

Hank

my war

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Which they did. You'll notice that no damage was done and no screaming happened until the tear gas came out.
DIS-obeying lawful orders to disperse is not lawful. They were breaking the law. And yes, they were screaming and shouting in an effort to incite a riot which is unlawful. Tear gas is the least physical thing they can do to disperse a crowd that outnumbers the police officers.

Chris0nllyn

What "tear gas"? Do you mean pepper spray? Those that think pepper spray is tear gas have never experienced tear gas.

Per Evan's statement, it was tear gas.
tear gas was deployed to disburse the crowd
https://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0620/community-message-from-calvert-sheriff-mike-evans.html

DIS-obeying lawful orders to disperse is not lawful. They were breaking the law. And yes, they were screaming and shouting in an effort to incite a riot which is unlawful. Tear gas is the least physical thing they can do to disperse a crowd that outnumbers the police officers.

You said peaceful. They were peaceful. Up until the police fired tear gas.

The least physical thing to do would have been to wait until these idiots got hungry and left. They certainly weren't hanging out on Rt.4.

But, I get it. I do.

The tear gas was a bit extreme. I have seen more unruly crowds at the Tiki Bar opening. No use of tear gas there. Funny, out of all three counties and Calvert was the only one that couldn't handle a small protest without some sort of drama.

There were more unruly crowds at the Greene Turtle every Friday night in that very same shopping center.

I think he was pissed that the folks didn't listen and he showed them who was boss.

Chris0nllyn

Yup. You're right. Exact reason I stopped going there.

Place was a crap show. Buncha dudes drinking Bud Lights wearing Affliction T Shirts just looking to fight.

Almost as bad as Veras. Can't tell you have many chairs I've seen go flying in that place. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control

I mean when your traffic enforcement guys look more geared up than the guys that raidied Bin Ladens compound......... ya gotta sorta expect that....

Bann

PREMO Member
Per Evan's statement, it was tear gas.

https://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0620/community-message-from-calvert-sheriff-mike-evans.html

You said peaceful. They were peaceful. Up until the police fired tear gas.

The least physical thing to do would have been to wait until these idiots got hungry and left. They certainly weren't hanging out on Rt.4.

But, I get it. I do.

There were more unruly crowds at the Greene Turtle every Friday night in that very same shopping center.

I think he was pissed that the folks didn't listen and he showed them who was boss.
:lmao:
Oh, yeah - he looked really p*ssed.

Actually, he showed a lot of restraint. It's in the video. I'm sure you don't care to review it.

But for others who might want to take a look at the video The Baynet posted:

At about 1:07:44 the peaceful crowd ends the route it looked that they took right about where The Control Center is on Duke Street. The peaceful crowd turns around and starts heading back up towards the shopping center where O' Gannigan's is.
At 1:05 (ish) a black chick in a flowery top and peach colored pants instructs the peaceful warriors to take a knee. Some take a knee, some sit on the ground and some lay on the ground. (cute!)

At 1:04 (ish) you can see Sheriff Evans not confronting nor making any demands on the crowd - but just being a presence - he makes a phone call.
At 1:01:07 -you can see that Sheriff Evans has said something to the crowd telling them to move on and you can hear the peaceful crowd starting to shout obscenities at the Sheriff. Mind you, Evans doesn't deploy tear gas, or rubber bullets while the "peaceful crowd" starts screaming FCK the POLICE, FCK Evans...

At 1:00:00 you can see Evans talking to a lady, who appears to be someone associated with the crowd in some way. She tried to talk to them - they didn't listen to her.

At 57:60 another lady asks / encourages the crowd to back up and turn it around. They didn't.

At 57:30 the organizer of the event comes by to try and talk to them and they won't leave.

At 56:00 the police presence increased, and the vehicles pulled up with the deputies in the riot gear and such. The crowd still wouldn't leave!
At 53:50 the organizier of the event used a bullhorn to implore them to leave.

When the Deputies put on the gas masks - you would think the crowd MIGHT have bought a clue or called a lifeline for the answer to that puzzle, but no - they didn't. Seriously? IF you see that happening - you should be moving your ass.

But NO, they didn't.

At 50:55 another man with a bullhorn implores the crowd to leave. You guessed it! They didn't.

At 49:55 a lady who had tried before to get them to leave became very animated and started yelling - pleading with the crowd to leave.
Multiple times. She was really trying to get them to understand that they were going to be forced to leave if they didn't. She used prayer to try and get them to leave.

One by one - the organizers attempted to get the crowd to disperse. They ALL conferred with each other and the Sheriff. And then, you could see that they all realized there was nothing left to do - because it was getting late and they wouldn't leave. I'm sure things would have gone completely crazy once it got dark. You know it and everyone knows it. They needed to have that NOT happen.

37:50 The Sheriff calls one of the older organizers (maybe he's clergy, I don't know) over to the line of Deputies. You can see the Deputies clearly getting ready to do something. Those people in the street didn't give a sh*t for their safety, nor did they have any respect for the authority of the Sheriff and his team.

37:30 the first Tear Gas thingy was deployed and THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THESE PEOPLE WERE SURPRISED?

Peaceably assembyling? After going on for THAT LONG being asked, begged, pleaded and prayed for - to leave? TO GO. That's not peaceably.

Goldenhawk

...and by contrast, Sheriff Cameron's response to the crowd hanging around after the permit expired was.... let them. Let them walk around the block a couple more times. Ignore the "Defund the police" chants. Mingle with the crowd a little bit, apologize for not walking around the block with them, smile, shake hands. Stand back and let things play out. Don't have any guys with riot gear in plain view. Call it a night and everyone goes home peacefully, despite a few obvious Antifa supporters attempting unsuccessfully to rile the crowd up and get things out of control.

Sheriff Cameron took the right approach. Play it cool, let the crowd handle itself.

mitzi

...and by contrast, Sheriff Cameron's response to the crowd hanging around after the permit expired was.... let them. Let them walk around the block a couple more times. Ignore the "Defund the police" chants. Mingle with the crowd a little bit, apologize for not walking around the block with them, smile, shake hands. Stand back and let things play out. Don't have any guys with riot gear in plain view. Call it a night and everyone goes home peacefully, despite a few obvious Antifa supporters attempting unsuccessfully to rile the crowd up and get things out of control.

Sheriff Cameron took the right approach. Play it cool, let the crowd handle itself.

They really didn't stay long. I think the last people were clearing out about 8:20 or so. Hoping tomorrow night goes as smoothly.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

:lmao:
Oh, yeah - he looked really p*ssed.

Actually, he showed a lot of restraint. It's in the video. I'm sure you don't care to review it.

But for others who might want to take a look at the video The Baynet posted:

At about 1:07:44 the peaceful crowd ends the route it looked that they took right about where The Control Center is on Duke Street. The peaceful crowd turns around and starts heading back up towards the shopping center where O' Gannigan's is.
At 1:05 (ish) a black chick in a flowery top and peach colored pants instructs the peaceful warriors to take a knee. Some take a knee, some sit on the ground and some lay on the ground. (cute!)

At 1:04 (ish) you can see Sheriff Evans not confronting nor making any demands on the crowd - but just being a presence - he makes a phone call.
At 1:01:07 -you can see that Sheriff Evans has said something to the crowd telling them to move on and you can hear the peaceful crowd starting to shout obscenities at the Sheriff. Mind you, Evans doesn't deploy tear gas, or rubber bullets while the "peaceful crowd" starts screaming FCK the POLICE, FCK Evans...

At 1:00:00 you can see Evans talking to a lady, who appears to be someone associated with the crowd in some way. She tried to talk to them - they didn't listen to her.

At 57:60 another lady asks / encourages the crowd to back up and turn it around. They didn't.

At 57:30 the organizer of the event comes by to try and talk to them and they won't leave.

At 56:00 the police presence increased, and the vehicles pulled up with the deputies in the riot gear and such. The crowd still wouldn't leave!
At 53:50 the organizier of the event used a bullhorn to implore them to leave.

When the Deputies put on the gas masks - you would think the crowd MIGHT have bought a clue or called a lifeline for the answer to that puzzle, but no - they didn't. Seriously? IF you see that happening - you should be moving your ass.

But NO, they didn't.

At 50:55 another man with a bullhorn implores the crowd to leave. You guessed it! They didn't.

At 49:55 a lady who had tried before to get them to leave became very animated and started yelling - pleading with the crowd to leave.
Multiple times. She was really trying to get them to understand that they were going to be forced to leave if they didn't. She used prayer to try and get them to leave.

One by one - the organizers attempted to get the crowd to disperse. They ALL conferred with each other and the Sheriff. And then, you could see that they all realized there was nothing left to do - because it was getting late and they wouldn't leave. I'm sure things would have gone completely crazy once it got dark. You know it and everyone knows it. They needed to have that NOT happen.

37:50 The Sheriff calls one of the older organizers (maybe he's clergy, I don't know) over to the line of Deputies. You can see the Deputies clearly getting ready to do something. Those people in the street didn't give a sh*t for their safety, nor did they have any respect for the authority of the Sheriff and his team.

37:30 the first Tear Gas thingy was deployed and THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THESE PEOPLE WERE SURPRISED?

Peaceably assembyling? After going on for THAT LONG being asked, begged, pleaded and prayed for - to leave? TO GO. That's not peaceably.
Uhhhhh. What law was violated? Please post said law! Last I checked the 1st Article to the Bill of Rights says ...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

There are no caveats listed. No hoops one must first jump through in order to exercise this right. Evans, the coward, pansy, the spot light hogger, outright violated the US Constitution to which he, supposedly, swore an oath to uphold.

Bann

PREMO Member

If you watched the Video the reporter from The Baynet posted, you can see that Sheriff Evans DID do the same thing. He walked with them from the shopping center all long their route. He was with them the WHOLE TIME.

They were chanting, screaming, yelling F*CK Mike Evans. Same types of things. He also mingled with the crowds.

The "guys in riot gear" were not in plain view until they were called upon. You really don't have any idea what extenuating circumstances might have been taking place in each of the counties to affect decisions being made on the ground.

But go ahead with your own version of FantasyLand.

Bann

PREMO Member
If I may ...

Uhhhhh. What law was violated? Please post said law! Last I checked the 1st Article to the Bill of Rights says ...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

There are no caveats listed. No hoops one must first jump through in order to exercise this right. Evans, the coward, pansy, the spot light hogger, outright violated the US Constitution to which he, supposedly, swore an oath to uphold.

Why are you deliberately obtuse?

You don't have to agree with the requirements to peaceably assemble, but there are still requirements. Groups have to apply for permit. They applied for the permit (which is for many reasons, the LEAST OF WHICH, is to provide general security TO THE ASSEMBLERS, make sure traffic doesn't interfere with the March/Protest, and provide a safe pathway for them, etc. etc.)

They marched. They were peaceful. At and during the "permitted time". Everything went smoothly.

THEN, some of that crowd/hangers on/stragglers, whatever you want to call them refused to turn around and laid in the street. Began acting like idiots and ignoring the pleas of the organizers to not ruin a good thing they did.

That's when the peaceful assembly was done and they were breaking the law. BUT the Sheriff didn't arrest ANY OF THEM at that time. All the Sheriff wanted and asked (about 50 times) was for them to go BACK to the shopping center - get off the road,etc. The crowd wouldn't. The Deputies used the Tear Gas to encourage that crowd to move and evidently it worked, because they moved. The Deputies didn't charge at them, didn't use any menacing tactics. They just followed them back to the shopping center and refused to allow the rabble to march back down Duke Street.

That's unlawful. :sshrug:

It's clear that the only two people who were arrested were complete a--holes and had been acting like fools for quite some time before being handcuffed.

It's all documented on the video and if you won't watch it - that's on you.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If I may ...

While exercising the "right to peaceably assemble" one must remain peaceful. A person can run afoul of the law by disturbing the public peace and/or by exhibiting disorderly conduct. Thus the law you seem to have overlooked is Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 10-201.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Was there any reporting of the Charles Co protests? As I think about the peaceful St Mary's Co protest, the first thing that pops into my head is that having it at the Governmental Center is/was genius.

Goldenhawk

The biggest thing Cameron did differently was to let the crowd have space and time to be a crowd and not try to force a prompt conclusion just because the permitted time expired. In Calvert, pushing them back to some desirable line caused the trouble to escalate. The troublemakers wanted confrontation and they got it. Cameron could have had trouble if he had tried to deny the crowd the ability to do another two laps. But he wisely let it happen. No harm, no foul.