Prince Frederick "March" 6-1 AAR

Hessian

After Action report:

BLM activists held a rally then a march through part of PF in the PM yesterday. PLENTY of phones capturing the amusements of an entitled crowd.
Evans had to deploy the riot gear, throw some tear gas and somebody claimed rubber bullets.
Out-of-town plates connect the dots to agit-prop networkers who really wanted an escalation.
No damage to stores. Calvert Cnty police held to good crowd management despite the insults/taunts/ and threats.
35 years in Calvert county and this hasn't happened before...shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I suppose the next Small town activity is Laplata? Leonardtown was also discussed on another posting.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Hessian

Ah...I wasn't looking over at the News & Current events...thinking this is more of a So Md issue. Thanks Grumpy.
Baynet feed covered most of the activities...

Chris0nllyn

I thought Evans and the entire dept. did a good job. One officer got smart there at the end to a guy getting smart with him about some "automatic weapon", but that was about it. You could cut the tension with a knife and I'm glad it didn't escalate.

I understand the protesters' complaints, it seems weird to have to get a permit to protest one's govt. but they agreed to what they agreed to. It appears plenty of folks made the drive from VA, so not sure what stake they have here. Someone posted a video to Reddit where a guy said he was arrested "and beaten" by 8 cops and a dog, but unless it happened away from the shopping center, the BayNet feed didn't show that, but he had at least a vlid point about Calvert Deputies speeding up and down Rt.4. HE made reference to "running into burning buildings" and "volunteering", so not sure if he's a volunteer Firefighter or not.

Kudos are in order for the protestors that stopped at least one person from busting out the thrift store (or O'Gannigans) window.

Overall, it was strange watching the live stream of these types of protests in the town I grew up in and in the shopping center I've visited countless times.

calvcopf

Hearing they fired rubber bullets and tear gas at them.

Update: Source is thebaynet feed of the event: "Tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash bangs set off next to our reporter Zach Hill"

Yeah, not sure about the rubber bullets.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hearing they fired rubber bullets and tear gas at them.
And this is how the crap starts to escalate. "I heard". Funny, the people "hear" things on the internet but the people that were there are like "Whaaat?" This is where we have to rely on our local media (I said that with a straight face) and citizen journalists, without their commentary, let teh video do the talking.

SamSpade

I understand the protesters' complaints, it seems weird to have to get a permit to protest one's govt. but they agreed to what they agreed to.

I've felt this way before - but I also realize that one - citizens are responsible for public lands and what is done with them. It's my land, too, and you'd better not stick me with the bill if you wreck the place.

So I kind of get it - protest on your land, go for it. Protest on MY land, ask.

calvcopf

Tear gas for sure. A few times down Duke St. and a few times at the shopping center entrance. I didn't see any rubber bullets.

So Mike Evans got his P.R. photo op at the march.

Then when he was done said screw it, now gas 'em.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Their permit allowed them to protest from x time to y time. When time was up, they were told to disperse, some refused and became combative and destructive. So a little bit of tear gas to help them back to Virginia is no biggie.

Instead of being pissed at your sheriff you NEED to be pissed at people from out of state coming to YOUR neighborhood, where you live and trying to destroy what will end up coming out of your pocket to repair.

Chris0nllyn

And the pat on the back from the organizers for closing the streets to allow them to march unencumbered along their planned route.

I'm glad nothing more happened, but part of me wonders if they could have just waited it out. These tards aren't staying for long. Stand there and let them leave on their own. I think Evans was letting have their agreed time and wasn't going to tolerate anything outside of that so he "persuaded" them to leave.

I have multiple friends and family who own businesses on that protest route and in the parking lot where it started/ended.
2 weeks ago I took my son to the playground the protesters ran to toward the end.
I have family member's headstones in the graveyard behind that playground.

It's a strange feeling having such a strong connection to a small area that was quite frankly on the verge of combusting. The damage we all see on TV doesn't hit home until you get a call from the County telling you that you need to close up shop and leave the protest route or get locked in. It doesn't hit home until you get anxiety from watching a Facebook Live video of the protesters standing in front of your building, or your friend's building, or that restaurant you eat at all the time.

For that, I give tremendous praise and thanks to the organizers and folks who stood up to the few people who clearly were looking to bust up a town they don't share the same connection you do. I also give praise and thanks to Evans for not escalating beyond what seemed reasonable at the time. I'm sure he, like the rest of us, are watching these protests around the nation and thinking "surely no one is showing up to sleepy Prince Frederick, but we need to be ready regardless" and he very well could have released the hounds when the window was broke, or the dirt was thrown, or the sign was thrown. God knows what could have happened then.

calvcopf

The cops escalated that situation quickly and made it much worse than it needed to be. The cops still don't "get it".

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
NO. The permit says X time to Y time.

The attendees to THAT event did what they needed/wanted to do.

The rest of them are agitators and troublemakers. Sheriff Evans and CCSO did NOT need to entertain those *******s for 1 minute - but they got more than a few minutes to get on with their bad selves and they did not. If you give an ******* and inch - the next crowd that comes down to our county will take a mile or two.

It was no photo op. It was good community policing.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I understand the protesters' complaints, it seems weird to have to get a permit to protest one's govt. but they agreed to what they agreed to.
The permit isn't to protest, it's to assemble and it's to ensure that the proper security is in place, for all. That would include traffic control and EMS on standby. if you recall the big controversy over the blow up in Charlottesville was which group had the permit to assemble and hold their rally.

Chris0nllyn

The permit isn't to protest, it's to assemble and it's to ensure that the proper security is in place, for all. That would include traffic control and EMS on standby. if you recall the big controversy over the blow up in Charlottesville was which group had the permit to assemble and hold their rally.

I'm saying that we have a Constitutional right to protest our government. Asking for permission to exercise it is akin to a State requiring a permit for you to own a handgun.

I understand why the govt. does it, but I can understand their concerns. We all have the rights as Americans and I'm not going to believe any different just because I don't agree with what they are protesting.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm saying that we have a Constitutional right to protest our government. Asking for permission to exercise it is akin to a State requiring a permit for you to own a handgun.

I understand why the govt. does it, but I can understand their concerns. We all have the rights as Americans and I'm not going to believe any different just because I don't agree with what they are protesting.

The right to assemble PEACEABLY and petition the government.

Chris0nllyn

The right to assemble PEACEABLY and petition the government.

Which they did. You'll notice that no damage was done and no screaming happened until the tear gas came out.

Our rights typically don't come with a time line, but like I said, I understand the reality. Unlike the folks who kept making the argument that COVID bans were "against my rights".

BernieP

Resident PIA

:lol: a permit they have found ways to deny.

You can call, write, speak at public meetings. You, personally, can go stand on a street corner and hold up a sign.
They draw the line when you want to organize a large crowd that has the potential to block traffic and disrupt other activities just by the nature of a large assembly. It has nothing to do with limiting your right to speak and voice your opinion.
But don't worry, the virtue warriors are doing that now. Don't dare ask if "All Lives Matter" or that maybe both sides should take a deep breath and think about following the law. Don't dare suggest that maybe had he not resisted there wouldn't have been a need.
Guess you haven't noticed the trend, when a cop approaches, start screaming and attract a crowd. Don't cooperate, refuse and continue to scream and argue. Don't say that, because the virtue warriors will make sure you are labeled a racist, they will go after your employer, your school, they will celebrate you losing your job, scholarship etc. Because you dare state your opinion, in the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"
His words would have made him a racist because that's not the correct language.